What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dankwolfs rks breeding project and breeding info discussion

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Yes Sam, I have a breeder I respect to recommend.

Chimera.

Well he is one of the few I respect, he understands Cannabis genetics very well, and understands our work to create single Cannabinoid varieties, can you name another? Not a lot at his level. He does not have a Phd but has a shitload of experience and keeps up with Cannabis science.
-SamS

Dakine

Veteran
Seriously you guys, Cant you guys take it to private mesaages or somewhere else? Sam I appreciate what you've done, Ive got many packs of crosses youve donated.. I also think you could give some good insight on the Topic of this thread.

You guys are now going completely off topic.. I know DankWolf will still keep to his project no matter what. But it would be good if all/most of the pages could be about RKS/ His Project, and not go off topic and waste A few pages that couldve had valuable information or insight!!

Dankwolf

second that.....

@dankwolf , looks like thread is destined like every other skunk thread .

Try again even if i have to start a new one and transfer relevant info i will .my search and my project will continue . and the shereing of info will continue wether peolple like it or not . i expected this so no shock here .

I understand people want there voice to be heard and question answered but this is About getting a rks skunk back not who should have what or what ever .i will say again back on topic please .

If sam wants to shove his seeds in a horse's ass i dont care there his seeds lol.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sam gave some excellent advice, many may not want to hear, selfing could be a valuable tool here, Sam did a helluva job breeding "rks" out of his preferred skunk line, perhaps looking into the recessives he did not manage to delete would be a road to wander down.
I'd be willing to bet it is sitting right there underneath it all... With open pollination it is not so easy to get rid of recessives as it is with a 1:1 cross, Sam already said there is still bits in there to be found.

If someone wants to pry those kilos out of his hands why not crowd source the cash and buy em up? The offer is right on the table. A few like minded guys should have not much issue doing that. We're all homies.

Tom Hill gave me some great advice have been working on, don't give a shit about what the next man is doing with his work! Focus on yours!

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
You are right I do request landrace seeds, but I do not demand them from anyone, I never have and never will. Do you understand the difference? Maybe not?
I will not send a live seed to the USA, I never have and never will as it is illegal. It also protects the donators if they do send in live seeds to me, Phylos does not have the plants just the DNA.

in the DNA thread, every person that makes the claim they have landrace seeds or old seeds gets told "I want them" "send them to me" to me that's a direct claim you're making similar to a demand. I understand that you say the DNA will be extracted & sent to the USA as "live" seed is illegal, well Sir, that doesn't stop seedbanks from sending to customers in USA unless you're claiming that Phylos will be unable to accept these illegal seeds? If so you should make that clear.
BTW I demand nothing from you and should have worded that different to reflect the the fact that people are trying to source/recreate the RKS but you won't help them. this has been ongoing for at least a decade now.

Nope, how did you come to that assumption exactly? While I have your attention can you give an answer to the question asked earlier about the relationship of UK Cheese & Psychosis to RKS/Skunk#1 please?:thank you:

Is that a demand?

The breeder I respect is no longer in the business anymore and that would be MandalaMike second to your good self of course.

Now why don't you do us all a favour and breed & release the RKS strain? You have the skills, knowledge & more importantly space to run such a project. The profit from such a venture would be ten fold the profit from a single sale of 50kg of seed. That's for sure.

Sure if you think I have time to waste on projects that do not interest me I understand your thinking. I do not want to work on anything that is not close to my heart, RKS is not.

What is that saying? If a jobs worth doing, do it yourself?

For me it is not worth doing.

Thanks for the reply. I'm keen to hear your answer to the question earlier on ukcheese/psychosis etc

I heard that Cheese was a Skunk #1 seed from the guy that named the Cheese in the UK. I have no idea what or when they were made I suspect pre clonal seeds but it is a guess. I think he said they were from Sinsi seeds but am not sure of that, and Sinsi seeds bought out Cannabis castle and so they may have made their own Skunk#1 seeds from mine, or sold mine, I have no idea.
I made many more Skunk#1 seeds here in the EU then I ever made in the USA, most were made from seed lines my favorite sweet ones from clonal lines they were both sold at the same time. Same with the other ones I have little idea as I spend hardly any time in the UK, where did they buy the Skunk #1 seeds they used? That would help me guess.
-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I apologize for the intrusion, I will not answer any more questions in the hope you can keep the thread on the track you want. Sorry for the sidetrack. Good luck if you succeed it would be great for a lot of folks that have been waiting.
-SamS

Try again even if i have to start a new one and transfer relevant info i will .my search and my project will continue . and the shereing of info will continue wether peolple like it or not . i expected this so no shock here .

I understand people want there voice to be heard and question answered but this is About getting a rks skunk back not who should have what or what ever .i will say again back on topic please .

If sam wants to shove his seeds in a horse's ass i dont care there his seeds lol.

Dankwolf

I heard that Cheese was a Skunk #1 seed from the guy that named the Cheese in the UK. I have no idea what or when they were made I suspect pre clonal seeds but it is a guess. I think he said they were from Sinsi seeds but am not sure of that, and Sinsi seeds bought out Cannabis castle and so they may have made their own Skunk#1 seeds from mine, or sold mine, I have no idea.
I made many more Skunk#1 seeds here in the EU then I ever made in the USA, most were made from seed lines my favorite sweet ones from clonal lines they were both sold at the same time. Same with the other ones I have little idea as I spend hardly any time in the UK, where did they buy the Skunk #1 seeds they used? That would help me guess.
-SamS
[/QUOTE]

Useful info !!!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Well he is one of the few I respect, he understands Cannabis genetics very well, and understands our work to create single Cannabinoid varieties, can you name another? Not a lot at his level. He does not have a Phd but has a shitload of experience and keeps up with Cannabis science.
-SamS

No I cannot name another. Chimera and yourself are the most knowledgeable accomplished breeders that I have read about.

I always admired Tom H. But after reading his ravings I don't know wtf is up with him these days.

I am sure many others could get the job done, Bodhi, S*nnie, BOG, Mota, me, etc. But as for real breeders, looks like its just you two buddy lol

Vibes

Edit. I for one think that anything you lend to this thread Sam, is valuable.

Last edited:

Dankwolf

I apologize for the intrusion, I will not answer any more questions in the hope you can keep the thread on the track you want. Sorry for the sidetrack. Good luck if you succeed it would be great for a lot of folks that have been waiting.
-SamS

I appreciate the usefull info you gave and thank you for the kind words .

I wish you could participate with out the drama .

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I guess as far as pseudo relevant info goes, My Dank Zappas are getting ready to come down in a week or so. When those come down the Star Dawg IX will go into rotation and I can selectively pollenate branches with the mixed pollen from 2 DZ males. I have some little clones I through in with the DZ males so they could make a small handful of seeds to maybe test how the males come out in a cross. So it's looking like a lot of stuff getting shuffled around in the next 2 weeks.

I have a feeling that you are way farther along down the line than I am though :yes:

Dankwolf

I guess as far as pseudo relevant info goes, My Dank Zappas are getting ready to come down in a week or so. When those come down the Star Dawg IX will go into rotation and I can selectively pollenate branches with the mixed pollen from 2 DZ males. I have some little clones I through in with the DZ males so they could make a small handful of seeds to maybe test how the males come out in a cross. So it's looking like a lot of stuff getting shuffled around in the next 2 weeks.

I have a feeling that you are way farther along down the line than I am though :yes:

Maybe . i plan to start seeds for the male search after thanx giving . so i can pay better attention .i am going out of town for thanx giving and plan to gather some hopfully vary relivant info from some one that grew rks for 30+ years we will see and i will share what i can wish me luck pulling info from him is likepulling teeth. i hate the holidays lol

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I grew it extensively. I don't know what info you need.

The closest I have seen recently, and it wasn't in the same zipcode, but had the real skunk terps, was critical mass. A dude I know did a 50 seed pop of CM and kept two. A large yielder and the skunky one. He also told me that Mr. Nice Affie was displaying some skunk funk.

The CM had the RKS aroma but maybe a 1000th of what the real skunk had. It was there though. First I had seen from any plants I have grown since the skunk from the early 90's. Which seeds I got from a guy who grew in the 70's.

The thing was, and this is why no one probably kept a clone, was that it reeked and prison was a very real thing just for having a bag then. So everyone tossed it as soon as they found something as good or better that didn't reek. Mainly Blueberry was what everyone around me went for.

That was the era of no smell plants. Which was important because laws were very harsh. You certainly did not want to have a cop drive by and smell that. And there was no way to cover that smell. I don't care if you grew in a carbon filter factory, it would still fucking reek.

I think Sam said it best, start with genetics that contain that terp profile. I have grown enough plants to know it is not a common thing to find at all. So I would start with Seedsman Original Skunk (Sam stock) and get some MR Nice Affie, open pollinate, and start looking into the progeny via as many as you can grow.

Like I told Corky, hey you may not find it or you might, either way you will be having a blast testing all the results!!

Good luck!

Dankwolf

I agree with the affie . but i have no intrest in sams stock( to much drama involved ).the guys that used to run the skunk around my neck of the woods lost the cut to bugs and( bad communication ).

The only reason i am running with the cotton candy is that it has with out a dought the strongest skunk smell i have seen sence the real deal about 10 + years ago. i would say atleast 70% rks so over powering that i have been asked for the a cut of the cotten candy by the guys that lost the real deal rks . its the closest they have seen in years . if you got to smell it you would Understand my reasoning for proceeding with it .

Last edited:

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
ok cool.. if you do get to try some bud you may see what I mean. I know a lot of old cuts like the ak47 and rhino etc had those type of aromas too.

Dakine

Veteran
This pedigree/Genetic line shows us what makes Stardawg and PinkBazooka. The box that says Stardawg x Pink Bazooka is an error. Its just Stardawg which was crossed with PinkBazookaIX 1 (Stardawg x PinkBazookaIX1)= StellarDawg ..

I do not know how precise this exactly is, But I got this from my buds Grow Diary AKA GastroGrower. I asked him the genetics of some of his strains and he asked around and did the research..

Just thought it would be useful, since Stardawg was brought up.Hope you dont mind GastroGrower! Ill take it off if you want me to..