What's new

Dankwolfs rks breeding project and breeding info discussion

Thcvhunter

Veteran
We only had the cut back then, sourced from a grow close to the mcord airforce base in Washington. A couple years later I got NL1 and NL5 cuts from fresno and the mcord #5cut and fresno #5 cuts were the same plant. Not sure about beans as we only had the NL5 in clone form. She was a favorite for sure.

The SF vets around here are real good growers. They also have genetics from invaded countries.
Good friends to have

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
trying Dank........might have been the "flea"..........but will have to call friend who brought the cut down in late 90's on Amtrak ...........opened the container and reeked of roadkill.......he has known the holder since kids........and you can figure I did my damndest to acquire, but no bueno.............

The #5 was some good gear.........and hints of skank........but not what I remember as roadkill........

Tynehead Tom

The #5 was some good gear.........and hints of skank........but not what I remember as roadkill........

I would totally agree with you on that ;)

it's my belief that in our regions gardens, skunk went out of mainstream up here when Northern light's #5 showed up. NL5 didn't stink up whole neighborhoods when you grew it LOL

Dankwolf

I'd pop all the NL#5 you could find some males and hit some females and start searching the NL#5 dropped some wicked RKS pheno's prior to 2005 when I ran them. I found some super bomb skunk pheno's that the smell and flavor was perfection. Wonder if you can still get that NL#5 it was BCSC seeds where I got the NL#5 11-15 years ago...

100% agree

Dankwolf

trying Dank........might have been the "flea"..........but will have to call friend who brought the cut down in late 90's on Amtrak ...........opened the container and reeked of roadkill.......he has known the holder since kids........and you can figure I did my damndest to acquire, but no bueno.............

Sounds vary similar to my situation lol.

Dankwolf

I would totally agree with you on that ;)

it's my belief that in our regions gardens, skunk went out of mainstream up here when Northern light's #5 showed up. NL5 didn't stink up whole neighborhoods when you grew it LOL

For sure . most guys phased out rks for the northern lights 5 cut.

Tynehead Tom

The SF vets around here are real good growers. They also have genetics from invaded countries.
Good friends to have

yup ;)
I used to make regular trips on the Harley down thru Washington, Oregon, cali, new mexico. And other road trips to florida, south Dakota and Arizona. I miss the 90's , in my 20's feeling brave and the body still able to handle thousands of miles on two wheels ;)
lot's of genetics made their ways north.... and back again in custom fat boy tanks LOLZ

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
the flea came out of balboa area yrs ago.........supposed top shelf .....not rks though..........

finally got through to friend who just bought a quarter section of land in southern Oregon.........he spoke of his buddy who holds the "Comatose" cut which is very skanky, but very tight with..........maybe you know folks in region that have liberated it from.........I keep trying with no luck............

I'm trying some pure ghani lines from Exsitu this coming season with hopes of rks potentials.........

best in quest senor...........

best in quest

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
(Is it ok to post pics in here? I'll take them down if need be) Here's my take on trying to hit the skunky, funky goal.

Star Dawg IX - at 9 and 11 o'clock. Pics are on 12/9 & 12/14
picture.php
picture.php

The main skunk factor that I'm really excited about

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Dakine

Veteran
So is there any recent growing/plant progress going on DWolf? Or what are the plans bro? Not trying to be negative or anything lol, you know its just my attitude and low patience..

Theres 29 pages of chatting and some damn good information being passed in here.. What are you currently doing with it, or what are your plans to progress with this project now that you might have gotten A few tips you already might have not known? But im sure you already knew alot of it lol...

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Sorry, by SF vets I mean Special Forces; not San Fran.
These guys have crazy access to genetics. Close community.

highsteppa

Veteran
In the early 90's we were getting RKS buds through the sister of a guitarist in nationally touring heavy metal band. Like others mentioned, it was replaced by NL. The NL was very good too.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dankster,

Have you spoken to Bohdi? He obviously acknowledges the RKS since he is crossing it. You need to have a convo with him.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Dankster,

Have you spoken to Bohdi? He obviously acknowledges the RKS since he is crossing it. You need to have a convo with him.

I can save you the trouble. The following is a quote from Bodhi I got from Stray Fox Gardens (@straymindset) regarding the RKS line and father.

An old guy I know came by the house last night with a present of 100 seeds. The story he told me went something like this: About 25 years ago a buddy came back from California with some good buds and found a dozen or so seeds in the bag. The weed was straight up road-kill skunk according to my buddy. He grew this outdoors for about 9 season; he says the seeds always produced very uniform plants - all of which grew into big kolas, with a powerful skunk odor and dripping with resin. He warned me not to grow it indoors because of the odor.

He and my dad were friends, and my dad use to get some killer pot from this guy in the past. I remember smoking buds that STUNK like a skunk back in like 1991 or so - around then - big green sticky buds that reeked of a skunk. He told me these are the seeds..... All he said is they are all pretty uniform. He is not into breeding - he says he took the best examples of the males and did open pollination each year. His intent was to keep the strain the same I think. Early and short flowering time is what he was after. If I asked him about phenotypic expression ratios, his eyes would glaze over, and he'd say something like "Now, I don't know know what the f*** you are talking about - all I knows is this is good dope." This guy would not BS me. No need to. He does not even have a computer/internet - hell, he don't even have a ******* cell phone. We are talking old school.

9 seasons inbred from late eighties early nineties, current beans popped were 10 years old...

FireIn.TheSky

Bodhi rks is called sterling skunk it's been mentioned here before, you know in the other rks thread that went absolutely no where.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Dank,

I read in that instagram post that this line stressed easy. That says a lot. This is most likely a very demanding line that needs to be dialed in. When folks talk about varieties that stress easy, I can tell you what that means in two seconds....

Still waiting on that soil sample. Or did your old crystal ball start working? LMAO

Dankwolf

Dankster,

I am down to talk when ever ????

There are a few well know guys working on rks projects .i am aware of and talking with some of them .

Dankwolf

Dank,

I read in that instagram post that this line stressed easy. That says a lot. This is most likely a very demanding line that needs to be dialed in. When folks talk about varieties that stress easy, I can tell you what that means in two seconds....

Still waiting on that soil sample. Or did your old crystal ball start working? LMAO

Hay back off my Crystal ball lol .

Dankwolf

Bodhi rks is called sterling skunk it's been mentioned here before, you know in the other rks thread that went absolutely no where.

Its funny the name(STERLING skunk) implies for me that he has a good idea of what the old school rks was yet the use of chemdawg/chemdogs genetics makes no real sense . could be wrong i have never grown any chem anything .

Sky. Rks threads are a dime a dozen but this thread is here to stay and will continue even if i have to start over to weed out useless comments. Rks is just around the Bend and will be free/no restriction on passing out cuts or seed if i have anything to do with it.

I am not doing this for the cash or recognition. I am doing it for love of it .i will bring it back with or with out help or die trying . i am teired of all the rks bullshit threads on every site/server. So lets call the search for pot#3 instead lol;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts