What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Damn it stinks in here!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
I had both, some plants with a few nanners, some full balls, however, I did put quite a good amount of stress on them, high heat, hot soil mix, and the timer got screwed for a day or two... So that definitely helped... However, I got some lovely plants as well and they were awesome, wish I was able to keep a few from my first run back few years ago...

I got 2 BDB f2s right now that are getting ready to go to flower on their second run, one is a wild looking sativa one that smells crazy and the other is a bulkier one, that tastes amazing!

Keep us posted, would love to hear a smoke report on that lady!

Best vibes, peace!

Scrappy-doo

I really hope Frank puts out another Digiberry line. Before he disappeared I believe he said he's planning a couple projects with the Digi BX2.

Speaking of which... Here's my keeper pheno of SSSDH x Grom/Digi aka Silver Snowman at 48 days right before harvest. Yet another fast finishing pheno from Genetic Freaked('s) Snowman male.

picture.php

She has a delicious pure bb muffin smell. First run with her it finished with some other notes added on top but this run she kept it straight thru till the end. Great effects also.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Damn that looks great, sticky, and super quick finisher, I think Ive only came across one plant that finished around that time, but sure is nice...! Looks awesome dude!

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
you mentioned a few pages back you were surprised to find the menthol/camphor in the grom/digi genetics.

i came across that terp profile in the cbdb f2 in a single plant---the 12 week sativa expression.

in the snowman crosses it was present in almost every individual. loved it in the OGx cross---paired up with chemmy halitosis it stained every grinder it touched with that oily stink.

no trace of it in your silver snowman keeper?

Scrappy-doo

Not one bit Heady! :)

However she's the only offspring of the Snowman I've run that didn't carry it over. Her sister as well as both Grom Digi f2's are heavy with it. I also do remember one particular cbxdb f3 that also had it. Same as you it was more of a sativa pheno. I guess that means it must be coming from somewhere in the digi line. Come to think of it I remember when I ran f13 years ago there were some hints of it in one particular pheno in those as well.

Miraculous Meds

you mentioned a few pages back you were surprised to find the menthol/camphor in the grom/digi genetics.

i came across that terp profile in the cbdb f2 in a single plant---the 12 week sativa expression.

in the snowman crosses it was present in almost every individual. loved it in the OGx cross---paired up with chemmy halitosis it stained every grinder it touched with that oily stink.

no trace of it in your silver snowman keeper?

I grew a few ogx x sm and got a nice keeper. Very chem up front, but with a cure you can discern the gk and bubba notes from it. Very nice smoke. I know what you mean about the stink though. I cant leave a bud of it out or I smell it mixed with anything else im trying to roll or smoke.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Hey Rasputin! You ever end up running those Carolina Blue x Digiberry seeds?

Not yet. Popped a bunch of other stuff late last year that kept me busy last winter and into the spring. I'm thinking of popping them this Fall, you and gman have both piqued my interest on them.

When I start them I have to be able to make good use of the males. I'm going to do a repro on the CB x Digi for sure, and then tag some stuff I have around. Got a couple things that will be interesting to pair with a solid Blue line.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Make as many as you like and spread them as far and wide as possible. IF they sprout for you.

I just tried 18 BKGK Bx1 and 18 Digi Bx2 and got zero strike rate on them so far. They've been in dirt a month. My fingers aren't crossed. I have more so I'm not stressing on that.

The Carolina Blue x Digi Bx1 - Blue Sat 2.2/Grape Krush x (Digi x Digi/Sour Bubble Bx2) - didn't pair quite as well as I'd hoped, but at the same time, there have been some amazing plants to surface in the line. Both parents seemed "dominant" in there respective multiple outcrosses, and rather than blend seamlessly like a standard F1, it's as if they compete and the expressions are all over the place.

To address mention of hermies, I think it was in this thread. It's entirely possible. It is the primary reason Chili B never shared Digi work in any wide spread manner because he didn't want to deal with being accused of ruining someone's garden with stray pollen. Digi is a very sensitive plant. NOT as sensitive as Jack's Cleaner, but close. She is a quick flowering clone, 52-55 days. 56-60 days, can be taking her too long and she'll start to nanner. If she is root bound, she is more likely to toss nanners. If she gets too cold (below 60f) she'll nanner. She doesn't like heavy nutrient loads, so if you try and push her too hard to make her yield, she'll nanner. However, grow her right, and she produces some amazing flowers, nanner free, that have the best effects and flavors.

The Digi Bx1 male, I selected, ie the "sawtooth male" had some sour bubble influences for sure, but really, was the best candidate I could find that passed the blueberry muffin flavor with crazy consistency. Even better, there was a lot of plants that had the sort of 3rd spin in a field of flowers anti-anxiety, forget the world sort of effect, that I loved about Digi. Keep in mind, Chili crossed this male to about 20 plants. I crossed her to about 12. How the sawtooth performed was very well understood.

The goal, with Carolina Blue + Digi Bx1 was basically just to give CB some increased flavor and much better side branching, with the hopes of eventually getting rid of her auto-flower tendencies. Carolina Blue had a lot to love, but she made almost zero side branches. They stayed very close to the stem and short. She also liked to start throwing pistils in veg, even under 24hr light when she got too close to the lights or got root bound or generally, just ready to flower. She'd never really make any calyxes and go into full flower, but she'd grow hairy. This didn't prevent flipping her, because then she flowered hard and stacked. But, this sort of 1/2 way into flower made taking clones hard because they behaved as if they needed to reveg while trying to root. Long story short, great weed, very hard to keep. It was just a mix of the two best blueberries Phillthy and I were working with that had different perks and minuses, like all cuts in one way or another.

Anyway. One of the best plants I'd seen from the line was found by Scrappy. The others by Spadednfaded and Chaco. All three of them completely different. The one spaded found was probably closest to what I expected to find in the line, but I never found a plant like it. I think I only ever sorted 40 of these and didn't keep any thinking there was better yet to be discovered in the line.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not really. The longer they sit, the less likely they'll germinate. It think one of my errors over the years was always waiting for the right genes to be in house to sprout certain seeds rather than just sorting.

I've gotten old seeds to sprout without much effort. I just need to take the time to thin the collection. Either they sprout or they don't but the "I have that in the fridge" mentality has to change. These things need to see dirt.

I've currently got tails on FBPK seeds, that are older than the Digi Bx2, and they are still just soaking in a kelp, alfalfa, ewc, azomite, gypsum "tea".

I know the nutrient reserves of the endosperm have to be low. I've spent a lot of time studying in the past few months on how to start old seeds short of using lab chemicals. Just understanding a seeds basic metabolic functions and processes has been a huge help.

dank.Frank

Miraculous Meds

Not really. The longer they sit, the less likely they'll germinate. It think one of my errors over the years was always waiting for the right genes to be in house to sprout certain seeds rather than just sorting.

I've gotten old seeds to sprout without much effort. I just need to take the time to thin the collection. Either they sprout or they don't but the "I have that in the fridge" mentality has to change. These things need to see dirt.

I've currently got tails on FBPK seeds, that are older than the Digi Bx2, and they are still just soaking in a kelp, alfalfa, ewc, azomite, gypsum "tea".

I know the nutrient reserves of the endosperm have to be low. I've spent a lot of time studying in the past few months on how to start old seeds short of using lab chemicals. Just understanding a seeds basic metabolic functions and processes has been a huge help.

dank.Frank

I don't want to get too far off topic here in scrappys thread but whats your thoughts on forcing the embryo out physically? I mean options like cracking the seed with a real slow and steady press, or razor blade slicing it open. Ive done the razor method, and pulled out what looked like healthy embro's, only to have them rot on me in a paper towel or straight into coir. Ive tried this on several older seed batches and haven't had luck. I wasn't as clean and sterile as I am now, so maybe I need to test more with it. But I still have a few of the bkgk and want a solid way to try and get a few to germinate. The ogx x sm germ'd no problem, those must have been fresher I guess? Its weird how it works, ive cracked some 20 year old beans from Dj, and got 100% germ before too. Guess its a lot of things that can make it go right or wrong.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes. Genetic Freaked made the Snowman crosses about 3-4 years ago if I'm not mistaken. Might not be that long. The other seeds are 5-6 years old.

I've used exacto knives to extract the embryo and have always had the same experience you did, no matter how sterile I kept things. Nasty mushy stanky rot. I know there are people smarter than myself, with more access to the right stuff, that can likely get these things to germinate. Worst case scenario, we start back at square one, hit the Digi clone with pollen.

The Digi Bx2 really is Chili B creation and work. I just selected a male and shared the pollen. I just happened to be someone willing to walk down the Digi path with him.

The ChemSour x SSCDH line is Phillthy's creation and work.

The FBPK is the heart and soul of my own work. I'm equally excited to see tails kicking on that line as I would be any of the others. The only difference, I have a couple hundred FBPK seeds and barely any of the others.

dank.Frank

Miraculous Meds

Yes. Genetic Freaked made the Snowman crosses about 3-4 years ago if I'm not mistaken. Might not be that long. The other seeds are 5-6 years old.

I've used exacto knives to extract the embryo and have always had the same experience you did, no matter how sterile I kept things. Nasty mushy stanky rot. I know there are people smarter than myself, with more access to the right stuff, that can likely get these things to germinate. Worst case scenario, we start back at square one, hit the Digi clone with pollen.

The Digi Bx2 really is Chili B creation and work. I just selected a male and shared the pollen. I just happened to be someone willing to walk down the Digi path with him.

The ChemSour x SSCDH line is Phillthy's creation and work.

The FBPK is the heart and soul of my own work. I'm equally excited to see tails kicking on that line as I would be any of the others. The only difference, I have a couple hundred FBPK seeds and barely any of the others.

dank.Frank

whats the fbpk?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gross Domestic Product x BKGK/Digi Bx1.

Same male that was used to make the BKGK Bx1 taken to an old Norcal purple kush cut that predates any of the grand daddy lines. BKGK Bx1 was about preservation. I considered the FBPK about progression.

Slow growing, purple almost black, very potent, resin covered, true kush type plants. Very unique terps, like barrel aged plum/berry brandy or something. The berry notes really changed the classic purple flavor into something very complex.

Fruity Berry Purple Kush grown by Groady Ho a few years back.

picture.php

picture.php

dank.Frank

Scrappy-doo

Great pics Frank! Damn I'm kicking myself for giving those away. I wasn't able to grow at the time and afraid they would lose viability so I shared them in the hopes get a chance to live. Don't think they even got run. So sad...

Here's my Cannatonic at harvest. This girl smells like cherry cough drops. Tastes like them too.

Day 62

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Scrappy-doo

Here's my GSC forum cut @38 days

picture.php

She's surrounded by a bunch of Dosidos f2 males. Moving clockwise from the bottom left we have males # 1-7.

picture.php

#4 has my attention

picture.php

Liking #6 as well

picture.php

Opinions are welcome on these. I'll probably make a mixed batch of pollen with all of them and keep one or two for more specific crossings.

Scrappy-doo

Chocolate Trip f2 - 62 days. No chocolate smells but I love her anyways. Don't have a copy so fingers crossed on a reveg. If not, she's got a bunch of f3 seeds in her.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts