What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Damn it stinks in here!

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
You'd figure he'd be an expert in spoting floppy balls.you should try and get a cut of that to Louie so it gets a fair shake all though I can't imagine anyone more qualified to do that than you...maybe it's just a dud cut ?

Stardog

No, it's a great cut. When Louie runs it, it comes out fabulous. I'll go and pick one or two up and run mine in soil or something and see if anything changes for me. Zen runs it great as well so something I'm doing isn't quite right.

Scrappy-doo

Amazing germ rates on these super old X-18 seeds. 8/10 in dirt after 48hrs. Looking like I might even get 10/10

picture.php

Running a lot of seeds this round. One in particular that really has my attention is this Chocolate Trip F3 from Bodhi's open pollenation.

This girl is only 35 days into flower and blowing away everything else in the room in the frost dept. She looks weeks ahead of all of them.

picture.php

picture.php

Scrappy-doo

Another fast n frosty finisher I have in another room is this GromDigi F2. She doesn't smell at all like I'd expect for a Grom/Blueberry hybrid. There's a tiny bit of berry menthol covered heavily with animal musk and camphor. Here she is @48 days:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

gmanwho

Veteran
those the grom blue digiberry? havent seen dankfrank in abit. either way.... beautiful plants!!!

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I put 2 Mango Dump Truck(that's what those F3's are getting called in my grow, lol) in soil a couple days ago. They were both cracked last night. Should be above soil today. Wish I had the room to do more than 2. But they will have to do for now.

Scrappy-doo

Hey George, I don't know what real cheese smells like, but these Jalalabad afghani's are smelling A LOT like those Exodus seeds you were running a few years back. As much as that Chocolate Trip stands out with her frost, these are real standouts in smell compared to the rest of the room. At only 30 days the stink is strong with them.

picture.php

Scrappy-doo

DTOG yeah those mango dumptrucks are gonna have to wait until winter at least over here. Too much other stuff running from seed atm it's gonna be a busy summer. Glad to see someone giving them a proper run though. Don't recall seeing any journals here with MNH yet.

Gman yes those are Dank Franks Grom Digi made into F2 by Genetic Freaked. I have another one going, need to get some pics up of her. No idea where Frank went but I miss seeing him posting.

Jonny Lan

DTOG yeah those mango dumptrucks are gonna have to wait until winter at least over here. Too much other stuff running from seed atm it's gonna be a busy summer. Glad to see someone giving them a proper run though. Don't recall seeing any journals here with MNH yet.

Gman yes those are Dank Franks Grom Digi made into F2 by Genetic Freaked. I have another one going, need to get some pics up of her. No idea where Frank went but I miss seeing him posting.
killing it!

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
Hey George, I don't know what real cheese smells like, but these Jalalabad afghani's are smelling A LOT like those Exodus seeds you were running a few years back. As much as that Chocolate Trip stands out with her frost, these are real standouts in smell compared to the rest of the room. At only 30 days the stink is strong with them.

View Image
I would try to find out what real cheese smells like if I were you...that Afghan looks a lot like the lemon skunk I ran and a lot like the ancient Afghan I tested for Steele savage way back when too...

Scrappy-doo

Here's Grom Digi #1 at 56 days

picture.php

picture.php

Really nice digiberry muffin smells. She's more or less done but I have seeds cooking so she'll stay for another week or 2. This girl had a nice surprise for me... Ballsacks tucked right under some of her lower flowers. Sprayed herself real good and pretty much everything else in the room to a lesser degree. I'm not that mad though. Was hoping for a male and got just these 2 females. Now I'll have a bunch of seeds to look thru one day.

gmanwho

Veteran
looking potent scrappy!!

Damn ball sacs when you dont want them to appear. You think it could have been environmentally induced? or she's just semi unstable?

In semi unstable plants, not full blown hermaphrodites, Been brain storming a little to figure out why its always the lower lower sites that will show balls.

Do u think its light photosensitivity of the genetics? being that there is low low light there from the upper canopy blocking. therefore that region of the lower nodes/sites of the plant thinks it may be in total darkness? then that section of the plant wants to automatically go into the " oh shit im dieing, must reproduce for next season" ?

with that thought, would maybe low wattage fluros facing up from the ground into the lower darker canopy possibly prevent those sacs from forming??

think that would be cool experiment..... anyways just thinking outloud. im a fan of the digiberry....

(awhile back df gifted a bunch of grom crosses, the last of the digiberry's, an something else i wanna say snoman or something like that. should be getting into those this fall winter)

Scrappy-doo

Gman- I think you might be on to something. I had always thought balls were just the genetics but I had this happen in another garden last run with tried an true plants. We're talking ecsd, chemD, corey haim and others... All at the same time. This was in the 1800 watt hps tent. My friends said they couldn't handle the electric bill so the last run I went from 3x600w to 2x450w and those plants grew balls on the lowers too and that's never ever happened to me before with any of those plants.

This plant was in my closet and nothing else did this but it's possible. She was directly under the light which actually gets the least amount because hood design throws light sideways. I also defoliated her which could have stressed her out. Never had this happen with the grom or digi lines before so I don't know. Might reveg and try again. I'm real happy with the flowers so far. Both these Grom Digi's look great, smell great, finish fast, and yield good. Definitely will be going through the seeds at some point.

gmanwho

Veteran
Ya im wondering if she is just photosensitive. plants can do some weird things with light influence or lack there of.

i notice in your photo , all the lowers sites. i also feel some plants can do weird growth patterns with to many lower sites sucking from the "system". the lower sites end up getting neglected due to less light an not pulling their weight so to say. then they get less attention from the "system". lack of hormones or an ncrease of certain hormones?

f'ing plant hormone's. always trying to learn more. hope she revegs for u...

still reminiscing of stardogs digiberry , or was it a digiberry cross? i forget. was some years ago.

bwell

Miraculous Meds

Hey scrappy, heres a couple pics of the corey cut. Smells like the creamy sour you described.
picture.php

picture.php

And here is a plant that I think is corey as well, but I had labeled as chem d. What do you think?
picture.php

picture.php

Scrappy-doo

Looking great MM slayin it!

I have a silver snowman a few days behind yours I just took some pics of. Your chemd is most definitely corey...

Miraculous Meds

In comparison, this is the chem d cut, smells of garlic and diesel mid to late flower.
Corey seems to get a little bigger and is more vigorous.
picture.php

picture.php

And one of my new favorites. lhb cut
picture.php

picture.php

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Awesome pics in here guys, all those plants look lovely!

The digiberry is a bit prone to herms from what I remember VG said on the Bluedigiberry thread, I also encounter a few hermies on the BDB line but also some great canna!

Hope you get a nice pheno!

Peace!

Latest posts

Latest posts