What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dakines NEW Fresh Start-Multiple Strains

Dakine

Veteran
That GSC S1 #1 looks like a cookie plant. I bet ya she makes cookie style buds for sure. The #2 looks more like a hybrid type plant. Interested to see what she holds.

Haha I hope she produces just like the Forum Cut bro.. I wonder what Pheno #2 is going to be like? Its kinda hard to say since we dont know for 100% fact on what the lineage is for Cookies..

So I was checking my Jars today, 2 out of the 4 Vermiculite&Brown Rice Flour Cake Jars got contaminated. Im going to try and take the contaminated parts out and see if I can crumble the cake up and mix it into some coco.. But Another Oat Jar is actually showing Mycelium Growth/ Colonization even though its been A fricken month without any signs!!

My fricken top dry layer of verm got disrupted somehow and fell onto the sides of the jar. I think its because of the Jar that i used. Im super suprised the contaminates the dry layer is there to stop, didnt create A Fungus/Mold fest immediately..

BRFTek/Cakes

Hopefully these 2 Oat Jars Colonize completely without contamination. Ill mix it with some hydrated Coco and fill up A small Bulk Tub

Dakine

Veteran
TnT I told you my side project that I hopefully can turn into A big project lol.

OH ALERT (TnT Testers!!) - If any of you grew out AsDog x BHB3k , OR (Blueberry x SS199) x BHB3k. Can you look for A Couple nice pictures? 2 in Veg, and 2 in Flower. Beginning and Ending of Flower preferred!

Thanks

Dakine

Veteran
GSC(forum) s! Plant/Phenotype #1

GSc(Forum) s! Phenotype #2

Heres GSC (forum) s1 Plant/Phenotype #2 After I took off A couple Fans Blocking ALOT of light

Dakine

Veteran
Check out the Fan leaves of the 2 different Dominant Phenotypes of (unverified) GG#4 x SB

Silver Haze x Sour Bubble Fan Leaf

Heres some Fans of GSC s1 Pheno #1

GSC(forum) s1 Pheno #2

A pic of comparison of GSC s1 Pheno #1 Fans On Top and #2s Fans below!

Dakine

Veteran
Alright you guys, so if you dont know. I've been trying A new/different angle of growing Korean Nature/Natural Farming.. Master Cho is the guy who brought this to light in the US/Hawaii.. Which is how people from many states now know about this style of growing/lifestyle..

ITs mostly just being fully organic,not using much bottles if any at all,but harvesting/collecting Indigenous Micro Organisms,Harvesting any Nutrients/Minerals needed from nature lol.

From The Book That Is SUPEr Hard to Find A Hard Copy Of.. Lmk if you find some book by Master Cho !!!

Natural Farming (NF) has a concrete approach as to how best to practice farming while observing and respecting the laws of nature utilizing only what nature provides. NF has farming inputs that are proven to be very effective in the cultivation of crops. These inputs can increase yields better than the harmful commercial fertilizers and pesticides.
Anyways ill explain more about it each time I try something. First thing im doing, and which you should actually do if you get into it as well.. Is creating IMO-1 which is the first step at collecting (I)ndigenous(M)icro(O)rganisms...

Natural Farming promotes the use of Indigenous Microorganisms (IMOs). The microorganisms that have been living in the local area for a long time are best for farming because they are very powerful and effective. They have survived and can survive the extreme climatic conditions of the local environment much better than artificially produced microorganisms, which are cultured in some foreign or artificial environment. And since they are already available in the field, they are considered the best inputs for conditioning the land. Organisms that are found under the heat of the sun are largely different than those found in shaded areas such as under the bamboo trees. Dr. Cho advocates that it is better to culture microorganisms from different areas in order to collect different kinds of microorganisms (Microbial Diversity).

It is also good to culture microorganisms at different weather conditions and to mix different types of microorganisms. In “Non-Chemical” agriculture practices we do not feed the plant. We nurture the soil and the soil nurtures the plant through the IMOs.

Dakine

Veteran
Steps Making IMO-1

Steps Making IMO-1

Microorganisms have two major functions in farming:

1. Microorganisms decompose complex organic compounds such as dead bodies of plants and animals and wastes into nutrients, making them easily absorbable by plants.
2. They can create compounds such as antibiotic substances, enzymes and lactic acids that can suppress various diseases and promote healthy soil conditions. IMOs are used primarily to create fertile and healthy soil condition that is ideal for farming and to prevent plant diseases. In Natural Farming, IMOs are used in treatments applied to the soil in order to improve its fertility and health. The best material that can be used in culturing IMOs is steamed rice. The rice should not be too soft or too sticky since aerobic micro organisms do not prefer to live on it. Hence, it is best to use left-over rice. In making IMOs using plastic as containers should be avoided. Containers made of Wood or Bamboo is recommended. Collecting IMOs: Indigenous Microorganisms can be collected in many ways and in many places. They can be collected from surrounding hills and mountains. It is also possible, to a certain extent, to collect specific types of microorganisms.

COLLECTION FROM NATIVE SOIL
Materials / ingredients needed

-1.Wooden box (made of Natural wood / bamboo / cedar, etc) -2.Hard-cooked rice (Less moisture to collect aerobic microbes) -3.Porous Paper (paper Towel)
-4.Rubber band / Thread
-5.Container Box / Basket made out of Bamboo
-6.Jaggery / Brown sugar (Unrefined sugar)
-7. Glass jar / Clay pot How to collect IMOs

-1. A wooden box of Length 12 inches x Width 8 inches Height 4 inches is made with ½ an inch thickness wood.
-2. Fill the wooden box with steamed rice. Its moisture content will attract the indigenous microorganisms living in the local soil. Allow adequate air supply by not stuffing the rice higher than
3 inches (do not hard the rice in the box). Without sufficient supply of air, the anaerobic IMOs will get collected. Aerobic IMOs are more commonly recommended.
-3. Cover the wooden box with white plain paper (avoid news paper) and use a rubber band or thread to hold the paper to the box. Paper allows air to pass through.
-4. Mark an area 12 inches x 8 inches in the soil and excavate 2 inches of soil. Place the rice-filled wooden box in this pit, where IMOs abound, such as in a forest / field or at the site where many decomposed leaf molds are found. Cover the box with leaves. press 10

NOTE : It will take 3 days in summer and 5 days in winter. You can experiment based on the climate of the place where you live. Black molds on the steamed rice indicate that you have exceeded the number of days
-5. The container box or basket is placed on this set-up to protect the wooden box from stray animals.
-6. Prevent rain from getting through by covering with leaves. (use plastic sheet only if necessary during excess rains) At 20°C, it will take about 5 to 6 days to grow the microbes in the box filled with IMOs. Collection will be faster if the temperature is higher than 30°C to 35°C it will take 2 to 3 days
-7. After 3 days the rice will be covered with microorganisms. Move the IMO formed rice to a clay pot / glass jar. The IMOs thus collected is called as IMO-1.
-8. Mix jaggery with the IMO-1 in 1:1 ratio. For Eg 1 Kg of jaggery should be mixed with 1 Kg of IMO-1. This mixture of brown sugar and IMO-1 is called as IMO-2. The closer the state of sugar is to nature, the better. The less process the sugar has undergone, the more effective it is. Therefore, white refined sugar is not recommended. Brown sugar is advisable, but crude and unrefined sugar (jaggery) is better.
-9. Cover the container using paper and hold in position using a rubber band or thread.

So that was instructions on how to create IMO-1 and then IMO-2. IMO-2 is Shorter/Easier of A process to make. Which is why I added it.. I actually made the enviroment that I placed the rice containers in.. I put used Soil into A big Container and filled it with fresh Fan Leaves and Stems, I also put dead leaves and dry stems from harvesting.. I mixed all of that into the first 2 inches of used soil and watered it with my Barley SST with 1/4Tsp of Molasses and 2 drop of MammothP mixed into 1-Gallon of Water.

:dance013: I watered it for 2 1/2 days before making my Hard Cooked Rice. Then when it was done cooking I put the rice into containers and covered them 3/4 to the top with soil. Just to the point where soil was on the outside rim. I did that so I could actually have leaves touching the rice under the Paper Towel.

Attachments

• imo 5-22-17.jpg
    imo 5-22-17.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 13
  • imo-1 5-22-17.jpg
    imo-1 5-22-17.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 9
  • Barley After Rinse.jpg
    Barley After Rinse.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Barley Soaking.jpg
    Barley Soaking.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Barley in Blender.jpg
    Barley in Blender.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 12

TnTLabs

TnT I told you my side project that I hopefully can turn into A big project lol.

OH ALERT (TnT Testers!!) - If any of you grew out AsDog x BHB3k , OR (Blueberry x SS199) x BHB3k. Can you look for A Couple nice pictures? 2 in Veg, and 2 in Flower. Beginning and Ending of Flower preferred!

Thanks

nice one bro... hit up DTOG and post this in my thread...
bless

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Here's a couple shot's of them in veg.

picture.php

picture.php

(the one in the green container is ASD x PU x Chem DD x BBHB3K)

Early flower

picture.php

Dakine

Veteran
Hey you guys!!

First Picture is going to be the 2 GSC (forum) s1s in Veg. Pheno/Plant #1 is on the Left and Pheno/Plant #2 is on the right in the first picture!!

Second Picture is going to be of GSC s1 Pheno #1.. The Thicker,Bigger,Darker Girl. Who also has Bigger internode spacing and VERY Wide/Broad Fan Leaves..

Third picture is GSC s1 Pheno #2. This is the smaller lighter green girl. Her fan leaves are much smaller in all aspects and the edges arent as defined/pronounced as her sisters.. BUT she REEKS of Dankness. A stem rub gives hints of sweet smells lol, its still kinda hard to describe.

Attachments

• Garlic OHN.jpg
    Garlic OHN.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 10
  • GSC s1 Pheno#2 5-24-17.jpg
    GSC s1 Pheno#2 5-24-17.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 11
  • GSC s1 #1 5-24-17.jpg
    GSC s1 #1 5-24-17.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 11
  • GSC s1 Group Shot 5-24-17.jpg
    GSC s1 Group Shot 5-24-17.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Aloe Vera Fpj.jpg
    Aloe Vera Fpj.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 13

Dakine

Veteran
Alright, I think its about time for A small update yah? I took all of the pictures right before I gave them A trim and maybe slight training if needed. I also took 1-2 cuts off of each plant. They will veg for ATLEAST 1 more week before going into flower.

GSC(forum)S1s, Pheno/Plant #1 is on the Left and #2 is on the Right..

(Unverified)GG#4 x Sour Bubble Plants. First Picture is of Pheno/Plant #1 on the LEft and #2 on the Right. I swear #1 is Male lol. Hasnt shown pre sex yet, but just look at its structure!?! Everything got A trim right after pictures got taken!!

GG#4 x Sour Bubble Pheno #1

I let one of the Supplemental LED&CFL bulbs get to close to the side of GG#4xSB Pheno #2 which made her think those where stronger, which is why she's leaning..

This is the Calyx and Pistils on GG#4 x Sour Bubble Phenotype #3

Dog Star

Veteran
Some of mine Silver Haze x Sour Bubble showed sex,still i waiting for Fake GG#4 x SB
to show what they are..

If those is male you showing than he gots a lot of traits of Fake GG#4,its a good idea you taked clones from all of them... look just how nice branched he is,nice structure..

Dakine

Veteran
Some of mine Silver Haze x Sour Bubble showed sex,still i waiting for Fake GG#4 x SB
to show what they are..

If those is male you showing than he gots a lot of traits of Fake GG#4,its a good idea you taked clones from all of them... look just how nice branched he is,nice structure..

Hey Doggie!! So im not to sure about GG#4 x SB Plants/Phenos #1,#2,and#4 yet. #3 is Showing Pistils, I posted her picture in my last post lol. You can see the pistils from the pre sex calyxes.

BUT I think #1 is A male just because of the plants structure. BUT now that you mention it, it might not be A male because of his structure, because his structure is actually just Traits from the (unverified)GG#4!! That makes sense now!

I for sure have 1 Female of Silver Haze x Sour Bubble, not to sure about the other 2 plants yet.

SO for the plants I know are Males, im going to take cuts. Once I have A rooting cut im going to flower the Main Original Plant from Seed and try to harvest and store its pollen for later.. Im gonna keep that pollen seperate from their clones pollen.

EDIT- OH Yeah! Doggie that First picture of (unverified)GG#4xSour Bubble Plant #1 has some nice branching. It kinda looks like I topped or trained that plant yah? It naturally grew like that for some reason lol. Plant #2 has Massive Long Fan Leaves that block ALL lower growth from getting any light lol.

Dog Star

Veteran
Ya man, Fake GG#4 x SB really needs time to show sex,they are slow in this part of grow..

but you will sees after you encounter sex and repot them in bigger final pots they
will jump fast and i expect some nice sized plants with here and there some squat
plant that will look like gnome bodybuilder full of buds.

Still i love more branched phenos... its usually better structure,better yield than squat ones so i love to keep those ones that have strong arms.

Before few days Stardog showed me from mine cross with BBI x SB plant short like 75 cm
but full of nice hard rock buds,says he liked it..

this kind of plants are perfect for low ceiling grow spaces.

Dakine

Veteran
Check out These Worm Castings!!

So im getting closer to finally being able to understand enough to start my project on getting rid of 99% of my store purchased Bottled Nutrients!! A couple of Ferments im making and OHN, Originally Taught by Master Cho. Korean Nature Farming!

Just started this Unripe-Half Ripe Mangoe FPJ.. Its meant to be used around the middle of flower since the Mangoes arent ripe, but are very close to being Half Ripe!!

Next Up Is A Fresh Garlic Ferment AKA (OHN) Oriental Herbal Nutrients), Gonna make A Ginger one Next!!- I Crushed them with the Sugar Added...

Gonna Cut these Ginger Pieces up and plant em.. So I can have my own Al lNatural Organic Ginger to Ferment! I also have Tumeric at this rooting stage as well!!

Here is some Corn I got to Make an SST with. Kinda expensive, but ALOT cheaper then paying for A bottle with Enzymes and massive amounts of cytokinins.