What's new

DabLab Reloaded-- back to vertville

LSWM

The CALiMAGiC has a low PH. It uses Phosphoric acid to get the Calcium Carbonate to go into suspention. Keep that in mind if you use it.

What are you warning against? Mixing into concentrated reservoirs? Throwing off Nutrient Ratios? Precipitation at normal hydroponic pH ranges?

I still have yet to use it, but if/when I do so, the plan was to add CALiMAGiC to my RO water first, which would add alkalinity via carbonate, and I'm sure drop the pH as well. Then I would add Micro, Maxi, or Jack's, and follow by adding Bloom or CalcNit depending respectively. Obviously waiting for each to dissolve/mix completely before adding the next. Would this create an issue?

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Amazing thread! Just finished reading it front to back! Great info from some veterans, as well as great talk about nutrients! The N-Tox/Claw is something I've been having trouble with on certain strains fairly consistently. Running 6/9 HEAD, Maxibloom, or with Jacks Hydro + CalcNit.

One thing I noticed that you seemed to miss the point of, Dabs, was in the following quote:

Look at the GA of CALiMAGiC. It contains no CalcNit. The only nitrate available is from MagNitrate. The Calcium is found as Calcium Carbonate. I picked up a bottle to use as a replacement for CalcNit in order to try and reduce N-Tox, but still haven't got around to using it. Also, after reading the thread, I'm thinking that just lowering my EC may reduce the N-Tox altogether and that a profile change may, or may not be necessary.

Thanks again for the great thread, Dabs, and everyone else involved.

What are you warning against? Mixing into concentrated reservoirs? Throwing off Nutrient Ratios? Precipitation at normal hydroponic pH ranges?

I still have yet to use it, but if/when I do so, the plan was to add CALiMAGiC to my RO water first, which would add alkalinity via carbonate, and I'm sure drop the pH as well. Then I would add Micro, Maxi, or Jack's, and follow by adding Bloom or CalcNit depending respectively. Obviously waiting for each to dissolve/mix completely before adding the next. Would this create an issue?

I thought pretty much all of the calmg products were calcium nitrate, and I didnt konw that so thank you:huggg:

I've got it figured out with the jacks tho, so no need. This round is looking ridiculous.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran

It is not a big deal. Just that I believe it has a PH of 4 so you may need to adjust your PH because this will lower it. So maybe back off on you PH down if you use it till you know how much it will lower your nute mix. Just a precaution.

thewhitelotus

Veteran
If you use Jacks in Coco:

Perlite is a crutch. Dont use it, except for the bottom inch or so of your pots for better drainage

Use bagged, pre washed coco. Dont wash further

300PPM Jacks, 300PPM Calcnit for veg ----> week 2 of flower
360PPM Jacks, 240PPM Calcnit for flower week 2 ---> flush
180PPM Jacks, 120PPM Calcnit for week 1 of flush
90 PPM Jacks, 60PPM Calcnit for week 2 of flush

Straight FIYA

-Dabs

Thanks Dabs! I quit using perlite in with my coco and now i use strictly 100% coco....pre bagged. Ive tried H&G coco, Bcuzz, and currently Ductman Coco, which i really like.

LOVING the jacks + calnit so far

mr. gt

hey cmon. im soo interested in the update of the full circle vs wall style

plus you have them side by side almost....

DabOnDabs

Veteran
What more would you like to know??

Its nearly impossible to get good pics in that thing. I'll take budshots and post #'s when its done.

I DEFINATELY found a keeper hemlock. Stinkiest plant in the garden by far. By herself shes outsmelling the rest of the room. Its the only scent I can detect upstairs. No more blueberry pancake. Just hemlock. 1 plant.

The citrix is looking/smelling good too. Can definately see the LA CON influences in both buds (share same father as hemlock)

Scotts OG and Leeroy TK are absolutely FLAME. Solid white buds. Doesn't look like they'll be the heaviest yielders but we shall see. I'm really pumped to bring down that crop but its still a good 4.5 weeks out

where did you get most your genetics from? Can't remember...

So far I have only started from seed as am too paranoid to import clones from others due to pest problems... Only runnin 2 strains right now but definitely wanna do some strain-hunting.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Local. I got the RP from the Clinic, RD from river rock, Sin City at the cup, and ya.

But, you are right. The whole scene sucks huge dick out here. When dispensarys only have to compete with each other @ 500-1000 lights a pop, the quality is lacking. Similarly, all of the good bud gets put on the rec side at the shops too...

Not to mention, what is this shit they're selling as wax/shatter/bho in most dispensarys also...? Does nobody quality control this shit? Wax is green, shatter is like honey, unstable, underpurged, etc etc...

Seen some place that just open blasted, whipped it up in the pyrex and threw it on the shelf. What the actual fuck is going on.

Mister_D

Veteran
Local. I got the RP from the Clinic, RD from river rock, Sin City at the cup, and ya.

But, you are right. The whole scene sucks huge dick out here. When dispensarys only have to compete with each other @ 500-1000 lights a pop, the quality is lacking. Similarly, all of the good bud gets put on the rec side at the shops too...

Not to mention, what is this shit they're selling as wax/shatter/bho in most dispensarys also...? Does nobody quality control this shit? Wax is green, shatter is like honey, unstable, underpurged, etc etc...

Seen some place that just open blasted, whipped it up in the pyrex and threw it on the shelf. What the actual fuck is going on.

It's called greed bro :moon:

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Pics or it didnt happen right?

^_^

tFMIXnw.jpg

278NVSg.jpg

OjAyuPJ.jpg

SpXi6F3.jpg

5lmfOqV.jpg