What's new

DabLab Reloaded-- back to vertville

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Seems I read somewhere that it has to be dyed for poison reasons. I think it was if it was sold retail or some crap. Been a while and I am almost half as old as Mr.D so give me some slack.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Day 35

2eyaOs2.jpg

DIZdZbd.jpg

x54ehyL.jpg

AI49Zfy.jpg

pSWYXN0.jpg

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
Man!!! your gonna have some big ass buds!! I really like the looks of room B, prolly could have done with a couple less plants huh? I do the same thing, always plant too many and then can't bring myself to kill them if nobody wants em' . I can't wait to see what the yield is for room b....looks awesome!!

mr. gt

im interested in how much you get at the circle vs more lights. looks great man just like I was thinking on the circle. Have you invested in a lumen/light meter yet?

DabOnDabs

Veteran
If you use Jacks in Coco:

Perlite is a crutch. Dont use it, except for the bottom inch or so of your pots for better drainage

Use bagged, pre washed coco. Dont wash further

300PPM Jacks, 300PPM Calcnit for veg ----> week 2 of flower
360PPM Jacks, 240PPM Calcnit for flower week 2 ---> flush
180PPM Jacks, 120PPM Calcnit for week 1 of flush
90 PPM Jacks, 60PPM Calcnit for week 2 of flush

Straight FIYA

-Dabs

LSWM

Amazing thread! Just finished reading it front to back! Great info from some veterans, as well as great talk about nutrients! The N-Tox/Claw is something I've been having trouble with on certain strains fairly consistently. Running 6/9 HEAD, Maxibloom, or with Jacks Hydro + CalcNit.

One thing I noticed that you seemed to miss the point of, Dabs, was in the following quote:

This topic of leaving the micro in until later or even till the flush is interesting. Although I'm very satisfied with my current feed schedule, I must say that it does make sense.

GH designed the system to work hand and hand thru to the end of flowering, but I assume h3ad and rez's ideals are to use the least amount of nutrients possible while still achieving quality. 6/9 is definitely a cost effective way to grow some dank.

You know their results are also based in coco, might have something to do with cutting it earlier than GH suggests

At some point in time the plant requires little to no N. This point might arrive at different times for different strains.

Are you using bloom booster?

I use the KB powder and it does contain ammoniacal nitrate which accounts for 2% N. Maybe the 3 doses I blast them with is enough to get her thru with what they need?

If added calcium your wanting I would not rely on tap water content as a source.

I would just pick up some GH CALiMAGic. It's clean and uses minerals for optimal plant uptake. I only use 1/4-1/2 tsp per gal increments. The ppms at that ratio, only add 130-170 ppms.

Most people claim that 6/9 doesn't need cal mag, but I believe otherwise. My garden has seen nothing but benefits from adding it. Even with me using dechlorinated/tap.

:laughing:

First of all, thanks for posting and thanks for your input.

For the sake of arguement im going to disagree with you on the cal/mg. While i certainly agree that both elements are crucial to a sucessful harvest, I also believe that the way calcium is added to nute systems is also what makes them unsucessful. In Cal/Mg the Ca is delivered as a calcium nitrate, which I'm sure you know also adds N. I'm trying to get away from the n, which is why im hesitant to add it. I have run gh nutes before, and had great success (after i dropped the cal/mg.) Anyways, Im gonna try it as is, and try to get my K:Ca:Mg ratio as close to 3:2;1 as I can with the addition of tap water and see how that goes.

Look at the GA of CALiMAGiC. It contains no CalcNit. The only nitrate available is from MagNitrate. The Calcium is found as Calcium Carbonate. I picked up a bottle to use as a replacement for CalcNit in order to try and reduce N-Tox, but still haven't got around to using it. Also, after reading the thread, I'm thinking that just lowering my EC may reduce the N-Tox altogether and that a profile change may, or may not be necessary.

Thanks again for the great thread, Dabs, and everyone else involved.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
The CALiMAGiC has a low PH. It uses Phosphoric acid to get the Calcium Carbonate to go into suspention. Keep that in mind if you use it.

Latest posts

Latest posts