What's new

DabLab Reloaded-- back to vertville

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
arent you using the bloom booster arminus? How is that workin out?
I was on my last run at the last site, and seemed to be doing the trick, but it got cut short by at least two weeks for the bulk of that run. I was able to finish a Super Lemon Haze that was super dense, and covered in resin.
My current room in flower has been the standard Hydro/Cal Nitrate, in equal parts by volume (9-10 tbsp of each for a 60 gallon tank). I hit this run with the 5-50-18 booster at the start of week 5, and got some early yellowing from a couple strains, so went back to Hydro/Cal Nit. At next refill, I will use the more balanced booster for the last couple weeks.
Once I am more fully established, and get a couple runs under the belt, I will have the freedom to experiment more, but for now, it's the safe bet. I expect to have at least one room converted to vert in less than 6 months.

Mister_D

Veteran
Yeah! What he said... My predecessor used the full H&G line, with all the expensive additives. We were in a room the other day and he was looking at the solution, and asked if I was feeding just water for some reason. I replied, nope, full strength solution hahaha

What's really going to a be a great moment is the look on his face in a couple months when your first crop comes down, and smashes his best yields :laughing:.

Jacks doesn't come with pretty bottles, a million dollar marketing campaign, funky dyes, or a laundry list of bullshit additives with a price to match. Nope none of that, it's just dirt cheap, ph stable, and works fucking awesome :biggrin:

Arminius

Veteran
What's really going to a be a great moment is the look on his face in a couple months when your first crop comes down, and smashes his best yields :laughing:.

Jacks doesn't come with pretty bottles, a million dollar marketing campaign, funky dyes, or a laundry list of bullshit additives with a price to match. Nope none of that, it's just dirt cheap, ph stable, and works fucking awesome :biggrin:
Haha!! It will be sooner than a couple months. The first room will start coming down in 2 more weeks, finished in 3. Even with my gaps, due to lack of plants, I should still hit his baseline. In 7-10 days I will flip the second room that will definitely beat his best. Even if I only hit .6 gpw, it will be the previous record. I have a hard time not getting at least 8 units off 6kw. The second room will be at least 9 units, and by that time the Glue will be in flower...
Been doing dabs all morning in the rain, so I guess it's appropriate that I rambled in this thread, right? lol

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Haha!! It will be sooner than a couple months. The first room will start coming down in 2 more weeks, finished in 3. Even with my gaps, due to lack of plants, I should still hit his baseline. In 7-10 days I will flip the second room that will definitely beat his best. Even if I only hit .6 gpw, it will be the previous record. I have a hard time not getting at least 8 units off 6kw. The second room will be at least 9 units, and by that time the Glue will be in flower...
Been doing dabs all morning in the rain, so I guess it's appropriate that I rambled in this thread, right? lol

ramble on dabber, ramble on.

I did a fat dab this morning and drooled /coughed/ swallowed / been burping up smoke for a couple hours now.

The dude who was supposed to blow my dabs for me bailed, and it leaves me with 6lbs of sugar/lowers that im not sure what to do with.

I cant run 6lbs by hand...not with the equipment i have :(

Good luck with that :S I'd suggest Home DePot but I'm guessing you're not a fan of pvc pipes.

Gotta love folks' dedication to their jobs in this industry...

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Good luck with that :S I'd suggest Home DePot but I'm guessing you're not a fan of pvc pipes.

Gotta love folks' dedication to their jobs in this industry...

Ya..exactly. Play first, work later seems to be the general motto.

No PVC for me. Im looking into getting a couple 1/2lb stainless extractor tubes and a tank of n-tane. Got quoted for 675$ out the door for a 23lb tank of N-tane, including the tank. I think i could also rent the tank, and get it for like $275 out the door.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
WvXdHpu.jpg

b8Be7IR.jpg

cxt4FH0.jpg

lvtokerr

Hey bro I talk to hash dudes all the time when ever I can at work. They say that the n tane from airgas is a rip off. When I bought my bottle back when I had a tami it was only 500bucks out the door. So i did the math compared to p5 and it was over 10x as expensive. I still have it 3/4 full sittin my back yard with out a tami. Tami was wayy too much work as it was the 2oz model. Before tamis got super popular with the med scene you could get the whole bottle from air gas for 250. I also found out that buying the liquid siphon hose is a scam as you can just hold the bottle upside down and thats common practice.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
its more expensive because its better, and doesnt have a bunch of bullshit in it like most brands of canned butane

First off, bravo. You're doing something we all wish could do. I strive to one day run one of these big setups. I wish you the best of luck.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Hey bro I talk to hash dudes all the time when ever I can at work. They say that the n tane from airgas is a rip off. When I bought my bottle back when I had a tami it was only 500bucks out the door. So i did the math compared to p5 and it was over 10x as expensive. I still have it 3/4 full sittin my back yard with out a tami. Tami was wayy too much work as it was the 2oz model. Before tamis got super popular with the med scene you could get the whole bottle from air gas for 250. I also found out that buying the liquid siphon hose is a scam as you can just hold the bottle upside down and thats common practice.

You're in colorado right? Wouldnt suppose you would wanna get rid of that tank....?

Arminius

Veteran
ramble on dabber, ramble on.

I did a fat dab this morning and drooled /coughed/ swallowed / been burping up smoke for a couple hours now.

The dude who was supposed to blow my dabs for me bailed, and it leaves me with 6lbs of sugar/lowers that im not sure what to do with.

I cant run 6lbs by hand...not with the equipment i have :(
Maybe something like this to handle your most unfortunate position? Handles 1.5 to 2 units per run, with a 2 hour max recovery time.
picture.php

DabOnDabs

Veteran
That looks nice, but very expensive and blowing it is the least of my issues. Need a pump and oven too.. serious $

JointOperation

with 6 pounds to process. u can grab tubes.. a vac.. and an oven.. and still make BANK... and its usually a 1 time buy.. then after u do another run.. u buy a closed system.. and then your all set.. this is what im trying to do as of right now.. i got everything but my vac and chamber.. all i need is to wait a week or 2.. until i can have that shipped out.. and then one day wen im not working.. i will start blowing and making my money back.. plus some.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
with 6 pounds to process. u can grab tubes.. a vac.. and an oven.. and still make BANK... and its usually a 1 time buy.. then after u do another run.. u buy a closed system.. and then your all set.. this is what im trying to do as of right now.. i got everything but my vac and chamber.. all i need is to wait a week or 2.. until i can have that shipped out.. and then one day wen im not working.. i will start blowing and making my money back.. plus some.

Its lookin like I'm gonna have to do that..

Ive been trying to shop for 36'' long stainless tubes...But the parts are out from glacier tank, and yea.. Super hassle.

Latest posts

Latest posts