What's new

Δ9-THC's closet 4 bucket DWC

dungeon420

Δ9-THC said:
Heh. It sounds plausable. Only thing is... Metal halide ballasts dont' have an ignitor, which the Sun Agro ballast will. I'm in the aquarium business as well, which is why I have PFO HQI ballasts laying around, haha. I used to do a bit of aquaculturing corals.

I know it works for a fact. Just trying to help you out. Its worth the cost of the bulb trust me. If my wife would let me I would post pics to prove it but alas she will not let me post pics on here. She's too freaked.

Δ9-THC

Right on, I believe you don't trip. haha. And.. yes, I did read your post(s). I'll pick up a bulb when my pocket book gains some weight. Prolly won't be this grow.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
dungeon420 said:
Did you read my post? a 400W HQI ballast is a 430 Son AGRO . Smoke another one. Stoner...... lol

You are suggesting sticking an HPS bulb of higher wattage into a ballast of lower wattage designated as being for metal halide and mercury vapor bulbs. Whether it works or not is beside the point. Its not an experiment Id be willing to take based on some guy on the net telling me "IT WORKS!!!!!".

dungeon420

ItsGrowTime said:
You are suggesting sticking an HPS bulb of higher wattage into a ballast of lower wattage designated as being for metal halide and mercury vapor bulbs. Whether it works or not is beside the point. Its not an experiment Id be willing to take based on some guy on the net telling me "IT WORKS!!!!!".

Read the last post in this thread here. Its all over the net if you did some research before talking so much shit.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=631126&highlight=son+agro+400+hqi

Oh heres another... lol http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=400221&highlight=son+agro+400+hqi

:woohoo: :moon:

Last edited:

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
I cant say Im much of an aquarium enthusiast so much of those links are gibberish but I still dont see anywhere that it says that an MH/MV ballast runs HPS bulbs. Besides, isnt Son Agro a BULB brand, not a ballast brand?

Btw, if its just a digital switchable ballast then its no different than any other digital switchable in that it can take both kinds of bulbs. Sorry to clog up your thread with this A9. Im done.

Last edited:

Δ9-THC

No worries mate, it's all good. I think my plants are startin to bulk up a little bit. Now I'm just getting impatient!!! Haha! If I decide to run some HPS I'll probably just buy another ballast, considering that they can be had fairly cheap. Hopefully add some bud shots tomorrow. PeacE!

G

I think you hit it on the head IGT.......

I think you hit it on the head IGT.......

If electronic, no difference than any. If not, doesn't seem like it would be best practice even if it works. If it were, it wouldn't be a big secreat.

Peace

G

Delta.... The electornic ballasts are well worth an extra buck....

Delta.... The electornic ballasts are well worth an extra buck....

HPS seem to give me more bud development and less leaves. I have tried both and that is what my results have been.

They definitely will get much more bulk in the next couple weeks.

Peace

dungeon420

ItsGrowTime said:
I cant say Im much of an aquarium enthusiast so much of those links are gibberish but I still dont see anywhere that it says that an MH/MV ballast runs HPS bulbs. Besides, isnt Son Agro a BULB brand, not a ballast brand?

Btw, if its just a digital switchable ballast then its no different than any other digital switchable in that it can take both kinds of bulbs. Sorry to clog up your thread with this A9. Im done.

He has a 400W PFO HQI. If you read the links, you would see that it is actually a 430W SON AGRO HPS BALLAST. For your information the 430W ballast was originally made for SON AGRO bulbs. MFG over the years have come out with different spectrum bulbs thus not all 430w bulbs are SON AGRO bulbs anymore. A little schooling for you my friend.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
dungeon420 said:
He has a 400W PFO HQI. If you read the links, you would see that it is actually a 430W SON AGRO HPS BALLAST. For your information the 430W ballast was originally made for SON AGRO bulbs. MFG over the years have come out with different spectrum bulbs thus not all 430w bulbs are SON AGRO bulbs anymore. A little schooling for you my friend.

Ya know, I find it hard to believe that every PFO HQI 400w ballast ever sold is just a rebranded "Son Agro 430w HPS ballast". Especially when I couldnt find a single "Son Agro 430w HPS ballast" anywhere on the net for sale but I found a bunch of "PFO HQI 400w ballasts" for sale. According to what I read, the ballast you refer to is a magnetic coil, so sticking an HPS into an MH ballast isnt a smart move. Neither is sticking an MH bulb into an HPS ballast. Anyway, my point is just because you *can* do it (likely with one or two varieties of the PFO HQI) doesnt mean you *should* do it and that was the basis of my original objection to your advice. :bat:

dungeon420

ItsGrowTime said:
Ya know, I find it hard to believe that every PFO HQI 400w ballast ever sold is just a rebranded "Son Agro 430w HPS ballast". Especially when I couldnt find a single "Son Agro 430w HPS ballast" anywhere on the net for sale but I found a bunch of "PFO HQI 400w ballasts" for sale. According to what I read, the ballast you refer to is a magnetic coil, so sticking an HPS into an MH ballast isnt a smart move. Neither is sticking an MH bulb into an HPS ballast. Anyway, my point is just because you *can* do it (likely with one or two varieties of the PFO HQI) doesnt mean you *should* do it and that was the basis of my original objection to your advice. :bat:

Whatever dude, you have your right to an opinion even if it is the wrong one. Are you some veteran grow-it-all super master or something?

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Not at all. In fact, Im a new grower on my first crop. Thats where my basic knowledge of "dont stick the wrong bulb in the wrong ballast" comes from. I am, however, an intellectual and a meticulous researcher. Obviously, since you didnt actually speak on anything in my last post shows that you aren't either.

dungeon420

ItsGrowTime said:
I am, however, an intellectual and a meticulous researcher. Obviously, since you didnt actually speak on anything in my last post shows that you aren't either.

Are you implying that I do not know how to grow? LOL I have a little more experience then 1 grow under my belt buddy.

Δ9-THC

Arright.. well stop griping about who has more grow experience on my thread... you're beatin' a dead horse. Thanks both for the input, I think anyone who's up to trying an HPS bulb in the 400w HQI ballast knows that it might be worth a shot now if they're desperate.

Was up brotha, nice grow thus far. Just read from start to finish and

loving it.

you said something about next time letting it veg for longer. . . . .

don't do it!!!! lol. I tryed to be a champ and veg 4 weeks in my freezer(59in)

and man do i regret it. Budsites are have hit the top and started curling back

down!! Come to think of it I did veg for 2 weeks with a 75wHPS while my

400w came in. . . . .probaly the reason why.

anyways, nice grow i'll check back in bit.

Δ9-THC

6 weeks flower. Almost there! (knock on wood)

6 weeks flower. Almost there! (knock on wood)

Sensi: Sup bro, thanks for readin! Thanks for the compliments, and ya.. you're right I probably won't veg longer next time. Flowering is long enough as it is. I think it's better to get your nutes dialed in during flower than to worry about growing a tall plant during veg.

Here are some pics. Things are lookin pretty crystal (albeit not compared to some other grows on here! :bat: ) They sure are stinkin up the joint, that's for sure. I'm guessing I'm not too far off from harvest, since some of the calyxes (that what they're called?) are starting to turn orange. Have a look!

Hopin' this one's got some weight under that foliage!

buddah. :sasmokin:

Blueberry, lookin' pretty much empty.. a small amount of popcorn. This is the plant that had the stem rot at the get go.

some turnin' orange on the grapefruit

blueberry, still lookin' pretty small.

Grapefruit, lookin' pretty good.

G

Delta........

Delta........

Looking good..........
The Blueberry I have is pretty thin compared to what I am use to with the Serious AK-47. Some run and some are clumps. If you would like to see some pics, I will post with your permission since you are the thread orginator. I think I showed you mine way back when the they were veging. My next ones are ready to go and am putting together the whole new system. Its going to be great.

Don't forget you can use the smaller bud leaves and trim to make some nice oil or hash which will add to your harvest. Since you have clones just flower them as soon as they get acclimated to the birthing room. This keeps your light concentrated on the tops and the 12-24 in the light penetrates. I only grow out the plants large when I am growing from seed and want to characteristics and age the plants before cloning. I cloned some even after they were in bud for 40 days. They already have some roots. I did bubble due to space constraints. Anyway if you think about it, anything below the top 12-24 in of the canopy is just trash so don't grow it unless you have lots of space and a few 1k lamps or are doing the above. Hope this helps a bit and let me know if you want to see some of the BB shots.

Peace

Δ9-THC

Ya dude, for sure post some pics of your BB. I may just pitch the clones that I took, I haven't decided yet. Maybe just throw em in some soil and put em on a window sill. I'm planning to make some butter with the trim, since, believe it or not, I've never smoked hash. I guess the only thing left is to gauge when to harvest, and I'm not quite sure how I'm going to gauge that.

I think next round I'm going to get some of those big compact flourescent bulbs for doing the veg. If nothing else, save myself a couple $ on the power bill.

1 question... What does LST stand for??

Latest posts

Latest posts