What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cuomo announces for legal recreational

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
might be dead, might not be dead
didn't see the Cuomo was backing away from legal
get the impression the state is already counting on those tax revenues
i don't begrudge them some tax revenue, just be fair
most people will just want to buy, a few like to grow, not going to cost the state anything

"I don't blame people for making money. I blame them for being inhuman dickheads."- Buzz Osborne

BicycleJoe

In New York City I do not believe the way it is now anybody with a perpetual grow will be hassled as long as they’re not selling weight and just growing for their own use and immediate family. Once it goes legit state wide we will have all kinds of regulations and enforcement of those regulations in my opinion it will just be a big fuck up the ass for all the people who have been getting along fine without the government. Pretty much if you don’t smoke in public nobody bothers you in New York City. I’ve heard as much from local precinct captain in the community meetings that I attend. Even so he says that he stands against legalization.

shaggyballs

Veteran
In New York City I do not believe the way it is now anybody with a perpetual grow will be hassled as long as they’re not selling weight and just growing for their own use and immediate family. Once it goes legit state wide we will have all kinds of regulations and enforcement of those regulations in my opinion it will just be a big fuck up the ass for all the people who have been getting along fine without the government. Pretty much if you don’t smoke in public nobody bothers you in New York City. I’ve heard as much from local precinct captain in the community meetings that I attend. Even so he says that he stands against legalization.

Or maybe the home grows will be seen as competition therefore need to be eliminated also killing the black market.

If you have the potential to help the black market you will be going to jail.

And most likely on felony charges too.

But we shall see.

Cali and Co. are busting more and more growers everyday.
Oh and snitching on your neighbor is the new trend too.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
In New York City I do not believe the way it is now anybody with a perpetual grow will be hassled as long as they’re not selling weight and just growing for their own use and immediate family.

i wouldn't want to be growing '1' plant in nycity and getting caught... u will be fuk'd....

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Before legal here )(last year), if cops found a plant in your yard, they'd just tell you to pull it out. There was huge hesitation to charge you with 4 or 5 plants because judges were tearing a strip of prosecutors for wasting the courts time. Eventually, cops would charge and the crown (prosecutors) would drop it. Don't be surprised if you start seeing the same thing.

Blest_II

My wife is an overly law abiding citizen. So if I can't figure out how to legally grow, I'm screwed.

no you wont.

under an ounce is decriminilized in nyc and growing one plant is a slap on the wrist

I've never seen anyone growing only one plant before.

igrowone

Veteran
My wife is an overly law abiding citizen. So if I can't figure out how to legally grow, I'm screwed.

let me introduce myself, i live up to my user name(usually)
i would prefer far more than 1, but that's my comfort zone
in NY law a small plant like that falls into the class b misdemeanor category
however, you know how it works
if they want to get you for more they can find a way

Blest_II

Loooool. When you say one do you mean a tree 5+ft? :biggrin:

I've got some history with the legal system and growing, so I feel ya.

igrowone

Veteran
Loooool. When you say one do you mean a tree 5+ft? :biggrin:

I've got some history with the legal system and growing, so I feel ya.
it goes by weight, and the weight is around 1 oz or so, been a while since i looked
was hoping for better, that's the hope the thread is about
a 5 foot tree will be a felony, not likely it will end as a felony, but that's at the discretion of leo

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
it goes by weight, and the weight is around 1 oz or so, been a while since i looked
was hoping for better, that's the hope the thread is about
a 5 foot tree will be a felony, not likely it will end as a felony, but that's at the discretion of leo

100% correct - that '1' plant will cost u thousands of $$$ in lawyer fee's.... u will be in court (if u r lucky) 2-3-4 times...

bigtacofarmer

Veteran

Grow some mushrooms. When she finds out how much trouble they can get you in tell her you will stop growing mushrooms if you can grow weed. Then eat the mushrooms with her and live happily ever after.

igrowone

Veteran
sigh, an announcement by dandy andy cuomo
it's over for this year, or so he says
he blames the senate, i'll take it with a grain of salt
it may well be over, but seen this tactic many times
might be some bargaining still going on

Dick Dankerson

Before legal here )(last year), if cops found a plant in your yard, they'd just tell you to pull it out. There was huge hesitation to charge you with 4 or 5 plants because judges were tearing a strip of prosecutors for wasting the courts time. Eventually, cops would charge and the crown (prosecutors) would drop it. Don't be surprised if you start seeing the same thing.

Yes I have to agree that this scenario could easily play out down here. Thanks for giving your prospective :)

Dick Dankerson

sigh, an announcement by dandy andy cuomo
it's over for this year, or so he says
he blames the senate, i'll take it with a grain of salt
it may well be over, but seen this tactic many times
might be some bargaining still going on

Yea he pretty much threw his hands up not only blaming the Senate but also blaming New Jersey . Shows what an excuse making nothing he really is.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Yes I have to agree that this scenario could easily play out down here. Thanks for giving your prospective :)

a young cop, looking to make it up the ladder comes across your grow of 1-2-3-4-5 plants - u are def getting arrested ... and as i said open your wallet... its going to cost you

Dick Dankerson

So the days are winding down and hopes for legalization in NYS will have to stretch to 2020. I honestly think something will happen on a federal level before NY ever gets it act together.:dunno:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
why is it not coming up for a vote??? the dem's hold the governor,senate and legislature... so should be a no-brainer..BUT..

while the bill is widely supported in nycity, upstate and long island is a diff story.. so the rural and long island dem's are worried that should they vote yes , they mite lose the 2020 election... so its not a health issue/etc... they want to be RE-ELECTED next year.. fukin low-lifes

Latest posts

Latest posts