What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CryptoCurrency

painter66

I see india have made it illegal to trade crypto and to even hold any crypto is punishable up to 10 years in jail. they must use the banking systems crypto only.
will other countries follow this?? the banking system must be shitting it seeing how they would loose so much revenue. Nigeria is the second country after USA that use's bit coin exclusively as there banking system is so corrupt and useless.

Cuddles

I see india have made it illegal to trade crypto and to even hold any crypto is punishable up to 10 years in jail. they must use the banking systems crypto only.
will other countries follow this?? the banking system must be shitting it seeing how they would loose so much revenue. Nigeria is the second country after USA that use's bit coin exclusively as there banking system is so corrupt and useless.
this is nuts . India: a country that does nothing to punish rapists and paedos but 10 years prison for crypto... it´s just the wrong way around

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
When govt's go broke, as they ALL do, competition against the coin of the realm (fiat) is forbidden. They also confiscate people's assets, like the cops do in America. The gold they so love in India was taken also, as I recall.

The way they confiscate the wealth is via inflation. Here is a post at a metals message board which is pretty educational. BTW, in 2008 turbo timmah (the tres secretary) said the USofA would go along with the SDR being the reserve currency. Got preps, land, water?

https://www.investorvillage.com/smbd.asp?mb=144&mn=231501&pt=msg&mid=21732262

Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
It is interesting to go back to the beginning of this thread, which is roughly a year, and see how opinions change. Crypto is real and people are making real money. Don't miss the boat!

​​​​​​Say I have 300m shares of SHIBA. It goes up to even a quarter. What's that math add up to?? So for what I consider play money it's worth a shot.

I like Ethereum for long term. Over the last few years bought some of all crypto. None have lost money. My investments have more than gone pure apeshit so I'm having a blast with it.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
You ought to sell some and buy gold and silver with the proceeds. Better yet, buy the metals and pay with crypto.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It so easy to buy Crypto today.. Even Paypal lets you buy/sell crypto. They only offer 4 types. They are adding the ability to transfer your Paypal Crypto to a 3rd party wallet soon.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
this is nuts . India: a country that does nothing to punish rapists and paedos but 10 years prison for crypto... it´s just the wrong way around

Same thing happened when they abolished the gold std.

Green Squall

Never thought I would have gotten into crypto, yet here I am a year later holding a healthy amount of ADA, SOL, DOT and ATOM.

Sold SHIB because I saw it more as a short term gamble rather than something I was going to hold on to long term.

EDIT: Anyone own ENJ (Enjin.)

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I bought my first cryptocurrency few weeks ago. Grabbed some Shiba right before it tripled in value. I pulled a couple hundred out right away and watched the rest grow to where my 400 investment was worth 997. Part of me is kicking myself for not pulling it all back out. Part of me is learning patience. Hoping it works.

BudToaster

Veteran
i just started looking into NFTs ... i have created some assets over the years that may be suitable for this - wrote a couple of Apple II programs in 1979, 1981 that each have (minor) traction on YT, and as with everything else these days, marketing is king - ultimate goal is to buy a Tesla.

for marketing ideas i am reading Edward Bernays 1928 book Propaganda - where Goebbels learned his chops.