What's new

CryptoCurrency

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
It was a drive to invest in green energy. They put the cash into renewable energy production in order to comply with E.U. laws on emissions on the E.U. timetable. Given we leave the E.U. at the end of the year, I'm not sure the political will will be around for long. It used to be 10% p.a. locked, then they reduced it to 9 for new investors. I've never had enough cash to buy govt bonds, minimum investment of 10k chunks.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Haven't looked into them much, just remember them looking good value. Any UK govt bond is guaranteed by the UK govt. Treasury pays out on them.
As I said, I can't afford them, so didn't look at how long they were available for or if there were restrictions on who could buy them. Just remember the rather large add for them in the daily mail paper. Looking at the stock market, there are better buys anyway with no restrictions and lower minimum values. IShares are a good way to spread risk.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
USDC is paying 8.6% right now in BlockFi.
USDC is a stable coin.
You can earn while you sit in or on cash.
It keeps getting better all the time.
https://blockfi.com/?ref=7fd50399

all these int. rates are great, provided you get paid..BUT... my question remains.. how do u buy these coins without a paper trail

if i want to buy 100k , how do i get the $$$ to bitcoin/usdc or whoever... if i had 100k in cash, do i meet someone in an alley and give him the cash?? - alt i have it in my bank acct, or stock acct... it has to be transferred... well there is a paper trail... this is the part i need an answer to

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Put it in a brown paper bag and mail it to me lol.
The real question isn't how do you buy it without a paper trail, but once you have received it from wherever, how do you get your cash without the trail. If you have cash in the bank already, you have already done the hard part, why worry about the trails? If you are looking to clean or hide cash, crypto isn't the way. There are lots of ways, but that would require a different thread and that thread would be a breach of TOU.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
all these int. rates are great, provided you get paid..BUT... my question remains.. how do u buy these coins without a paper trail

if i want to buy 100k , how do i get the $$$ to bitcoin/usdc or whoever... if i had 100k in cash, do i meet someone in an alley and give him the cash?? - alt i have it in my bank acct, or stock acct... it has to be transferred... well there is a paper trail... this is the part i need an answer to

Yes. You do get paid. The first business day of the month. I found BlockFi to be extremely beneficial over the past two months. I like it.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Okay, if you are into my crypto recommendations, here is one to gamble on. They "painted the tape" with it a few weeks ago. I moved on it this morning.
OMG network
Bitcoin USD 10,258.85 -69.10 -0.6691%
Ethereum USD 364.77 -3.31 -0.8994%
Chainlink USD 12.41 -0.15 -1.1637%
OMG Network USD 3.7302 -0.1312 -3.3972%
Basic Attention Token USD 0.2608 -0.0049 -1.8288%
Enjoy as we approach "Crypto Royalties" Autumn

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Just read on the Yahoo crypto page that one of our holdings Chainlink (LINK) is up 1,000% since the crash. I am feeling a lot better since I "schnitzled" a bit to help others around me out.
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Hi ya' kids, hi ya', hi ya'!
The time has come to make a decision. After careful study and research, it appears that BASIC ATTENTION TOKEN (BAT) has shifted gears. I do not like it.
Therefore, I am recommending you EXCHANGE your BAT for the OMG Network. It appears to have a more stable platform and the future price appreciation is a better bet than BAT at this time.
We have done well up to this point. Schnitzel a bit and pay a bill or help someone you know who is less fortunate. You will be a GOOD AMERICAN. After all, we are all Bozo's on this bus. Keep the Faith!!!

gladysvjubb

Veteran
This rather tells it all does it not?
Trading activity
The percentage of Coinbase customers who increased or decreased their net position in BTC over the past 24 hours through trading.
Last updated 9/22/2020, 3:40 PM
70% buy
30% sell
Typical hold time
92 days

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Recommend adding to Chainlink (LINK) right in here.
We are coming out of a 3-4 week intermediate decline.
I do believe the next stop for LINK is in the 30's.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Put it in a brown paper bag and mail it to me lol.

sorry but all my brown bags i'm using to dry my weed...:peacock:

If you are looking to clean or hide cash, crypto isn't the way. There are lots of ways, but that would require a different thread and that thread would be a breach of TOU.

this is where it confusing... personally i don't have cash to clean or hide... wish i did... so why would i buy crypto... if i want to buy a car , i buy a car , whether its cash, or i take a loan... its above board

the only reason i can see to buy crypto is to clean/hide $$... n then i go to my orig question of how to buy it... anyway u buy it, there is a paper trail... do i sound confused ..yes i am:confused:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Yes if you buy it there is a paper trail.
The reason to buy it, is to sell it to someone else for a profit. People who buy it are gambling. Plenty of people play poker, bet on horses etc. Its not the same as buying shares in a company.
Once it is bought though, it can be transfered into an electronic wallet. This wallet maybe held on someone else's server, or on your own device. There are many devices, and many places you can hide your device. If you have debts, and the bailiffs come, you have a hard time hiding your house, your car or Picasso paintings, your crypto on the other hand is pretty easy to hide.
Once you have your crypto hidden, you can transfer it to another wallet at will. This can be another of your wallets, or someone else's. Some Cryptos still leave trails, some don't.
Cashing your crypto in, leaves a trail. Whether you came by that crypto from trading profits, or from profits of trading illegal items, is unprovable, normally. This is where some see the attraction.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Crypto is in it's infancy.
The World Economic Forum says the right crypto's will grow by 295,000% in the next 6-7 years.
I will gladly take growth like that. And I have been since March with spectacular gains. Lots, lots more to come.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Bitcoin USD 10,619.57 -49.74 -0.47%
Ethereum USD 338.96 -3.16 -0.9238%
Chainlink USD 8.696029 -0.305038 -3.3889%
OMG Network USD 3.1286 -0.1359 -4.1634%

We have been going sideways for a month (4 weeks).
Hang tough and add more if you have the funds right in here.
We should resume the upward track shortly. Especially when "Crypto Royalties" are announced.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
The buyers are starting to come in briskly.
We are in the correct issues.
Billions coming in and they are advertising it.
Enjoy the ride!!!