What's new

Crossing a IBL with a Landrace?

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
If you ask me there is alot of good info in this thread. People are going to have thier opinions no matter what. All I know is why would a breeder put IBL beside his work if it isn't an IBL.

TAG-monk

Reign of Terror said:
there was no need for that useless rhetoric, esp the tone you used it in...

you couldve simply said, a lot of the things you guys are saying is ridiculous, wheres Og bub?

but i guess being a dickhead is just you, right?

ROT - Right.

daytripper- Now man, please stop beeing ANAL COMPULSIVE. Reeferman dont know much more then any other freaking person here what neville used to inbred the NL#5. But he has, and the result is THERE IS AN NL#5 IBL. And if your knowledge is that big,.. then give us info? your not the skunkman, your not anyone well known in this communauty so you cant pop here, dismiss the thread and dont help.

I

indicalover

I believe that Reefs NL5 was NL5xNL and inbred from there by a grower in California. There are a couple of NL threads at his site and that is what on of his posts indicated.

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
TAG-monk said:
ROT - Right.

daytripper- Now man, please stop beeing ANAL COMPULSIVE. Reeferman dont know much more then any other freaking person here what neville used to inbred the NL#5. But he has, and the result is THERE IS AN NL#5 IBL. And if your knowledge is that big,.. then give us info? your not the skunkman, your not anyone well known in this communauty so you cant pop here, dismiss the thread and dont help.

Nice! :asskick:

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
Daytripper said:
Certianly Neville will confirm RM's statement, right?

i reads this whole thread and I considered quoting reply's and posting corrections. I won't though, so as not to step on toes. Canna politics and economics take precedent.

Instead of getting angry at the misinformation I veiwed this thread as a comedians veiw of cannabis breeders.

There is some correct info put forth, but based on the 6 pages of this thread cannabis breeders could not screw in a light bulb, collectively.

All your advise is like a virgin telling how to get 2 women into bed for a threesome.

I've deciced the time is right to exploit the market.

Where are your experts? Bring RM or OG BUB, LOL

You may want to consider brushing up on your p.r. and marketing skills then. :wink: :biglaugh:

Telling your potential customer base that you plan on exploiting them isn't exactly good business. :nono:

Peace,
Beans

tiedye420

Guess what
NL 1 and 5 are just numbers of a plant, my guess is educated, and that would be that 1 and 5 are phenotypical expressions within a strain.....
The strain NL, came from california, neville got it from here, sacred seeds possibly- from what i read about it......
Reefer got his from a cali breeder also....
If you guys were really after a GOOD nl i'd suggest finding the cali version, It would have the complete genepool in tact.
Good luck and hope this helps, probably just gonna start a massive flaming again but that is my opinion and im keeping it...Flame on.
tiedye420

tiedye420

Also crossing #1 with #5 would insure more of the genetic markers of the strain come through, both good and bad im sure....
IMHO, what's the point in selecting for 2-3 or even 2-3 dozen traits, if your going to lose hundreds of traits along the way...
Like travelling on a path collecting marbles, and putting them in a sack with a hole in it.....
tiedye420 ( beginning to feel like "lurker" mode may be advantageous to my level of concentration after all, and well maybe the "older school" is rubbing this off on me.)
So flaming will only cause me to light my pipe in silence and chuckle. L.O.L.
later

TAG-monk

Nah, sacred seed has nothing to do with the entire NL lineage at all. (sacred seeds = the skunkman...nobody else, BTW)

As far as i know, northern light is from seattle, washington. Neville got them as clone, directly in the USA. And i dont think there is any other NL clone anywhere, anyway..

I

indicalover

It is funny how much confusion there is with the name northern lights. The different NL lines are just that, they are not expressions of the same genetics, according to these pages from Seed Bank catalogues that is. Neville states that the NL1 is a true breeding afghani, the most indica like afghani that he has ever grown. I also read that NL1 is an Afghani IBL on the Sensi Seeds forum, the post was by one of their moderators.

ROT, in reference to your previous post about RM NL5, this is the conversation from a PM between myself and RM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indicalover
Hey brother, how are ya. I was hoping you could clarify the breeding background on your NL. It is listed as an IBL and also as being NL5. I read previously that it was NL5xNL1. Could you clear this up and let me know the breeding background as to how it became IBL. I am getting ready to order an NL is on my list. Thanks man.

Then the reply from RM

I have had 2 differnet nlès the nl5 is a nl5xnl ibl the other is a f-1 between the ibl and a cutting of nl#1 that testes 22% thc its killer thats rm nl hope that helps

Last edited:

zamalito

Veteran
I used to get in arguments with daytripper all the time. Lets see....

There was the time when he talking about how effective cl-one and sts were in causing sex reversal. When I asked him about his experiences with it he said ," I have more experience than I care to discuss." But then around the same time he was making posts as heirloom on the ***** forum and it turned out he was testing it for the first time and never got the shit to work. I guess "more experience than I care to share" means, "I'm trialing it for the first time right now and can't get it to work."

Or then there was the time I'd gotten in an extensive argument with him on the effects of environment on chemotype which in retrospect I think we were both wrong. However in the forum he got upset and like a winey little baby erased his posts and talked about how he "studied under" tazz (whatever the hell that means).

Though I have to say I do agree with daytripper that a lot of people are making a lot of money in this community by artisticly and creatively bullshitting us.

Reign of Terror

ok so now what is the expresions of #5 vs the others and what others ones are there except #1 and #2 (dont include Nl#9, sounds fake to begin with)

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
I remember the days growing and smoking NL#5 such big buds and a taste with such great potentcy it was nice, but times roll on. 30 years from now we will remember the hybrids that we grow today and say, man wish we had them. Take care and of course smoke up!

buckeye

G

Hmmmm (As Herb sparks the spoon and sets back for a spell)

Hmmmm (As Herb sparks the spoon and sets back for a spell)

So the answer is Yes you can create an F1 using Non (not Un) stabilized genetics and Yes using IBL or Stabilized or LandRace or acclimated genetics will create a more stable hybrid than using an already hybridized strain(s). Yes F1s grow with hybrid vigor and subsequent Filial generations or backcrosses lose this. Now to really set things off ... Someone mentioned an F5 C99? This can't be correct. C99 was introduced in seed form from Cubed Genetics (Jack H.F X Unknown M)Bagseed F X Mass Super Skunk male (the true F1 in the Cindy/Princess process) and then subsequent male backcrosses to the Original mother. Gypsy's "F2" from GN03 was simply the next generation of C99 and whomever claims the F5 has the 4th generation after the BGs original. That being said C99 is an IBL. Made from hybridized stock. There's 2 ways to stabilize a strain IMHO (a strain to me is seeds to work with from the same true breeding parents whether they be Out or In crossed or something proven in my garden to be Like others of the same supposed strain). You can cube it like Soul did (slamming it full of the mothers genetics) or you can Selectively Inbreed it.

Last edited:
G

I dunno about all of that ^, closet funk. It seems to me the Nirvana Standard at SeedBoutique.com are mostly crossed with Skunk#1 Ibl. I asked DocLeaf about the Chitral as a landrace, and naturally they mixed it with Skunk#1 Ibl. It seems to work for them. It seems that landraces near there place of origin display the same plant over and over, like you would expect and Ibl too. Moved away from there place of origin one can expect them to display differently. So you may have a mess. I would say most agree here that if the landrace was worked with, then crossed you could expect good results.

The only way to put all this (seemingly) BS aside is to try it. Despite all the obvious negative vibes in the thread, I wish you the best in all your efforts. If you need any help with anything you know where to reach me.

Later heated dudes.

Aslo look at the thread title. I see the letter L twice and N twice, not once do they come together to make NL, he started the thread with a good question, and its ending with alot of BS on Northern Lights. Stick to the subject eh? Were a little off topic.

Hope This Helps

Last edited:

Reign of Terror

well nl will always be a debated topic as it is in the air.

someone posted what are thought to be IBL's which relates to thi thread in a way

someone disagreed

and a new conersation was made

this thread basically ended anyways, sooo bringing it back to topic wont bring it back to life :)

Have a good one,
Reign

G

Ill just ignore that, since it too is off topic ;) :D but i hear ya ROT :p

So Clost Funk, if you find anything out, or start a project or anything be sure to visit back and post your findings.

Have a good one bro.

Latest posts

Latest posts