What's new

Crossing a IBL with a Landrace?

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
another off topic question real quick before we get back on :p

what would you call a cross between a female mexican brickweed bagseed and a male nirvana skunk#1?

hybrid?
poly hybrid?
s1?
f1?

Reign of Terror

s = feminized generation, hermie seeds

f = filal generation, inbred seeds

ibl = fully stabilized and truebreeding strain, no variences (f6 and your pretty set)

hybrid = any cross

poly-hybrid = a multiple cross for example (alcapulco gold x thai)afgani is a poly hybrid unless you stabilized the alcapulco gold thai cross and the afghani is stabilized, then it would be a true f1

your cross is a hybrid, skunk is ibl, mex bagseed is shitty genetics, anything outta mexico nowadays is completley differnt from the past so its very waterd down

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
super thanks for clearing that up for me ROT. :) i'll have to send you some of the shitty genetics once they finish flowering. i think you'd enjoy!
oh hey while i have someones attention, what about the plant in the left rear of that pic? its a cross between Master Kush x Skunk #1. im guessin hybrid, or hybrid f1, or just f1?

thanks bro peace!

I

indicalover

Hey ROT, the NL5 is Afghani and Thai, I assume that the Afghani is NL1, but I don't know. NL1 is supposedely pure Afghani, and NL2 is a Hindu Kush and Thai. Not much Thai in either 5 or 2. I have heard of NL6 from trichome technologies, and NL5x2 from the seed bank, I have rarely heard mention of NL3, but don't know anything about it. I think it may be another name for NL5x2. Hope that helps

Later

Last edited:

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
Reign of Terror said:
s = feminized generation, hermie seeds

f = filal generation, inbred seeds

ibl = fully stabilized and truebreeding strain, no variences (f6 and your pretty set)

hybrid = any cross

poly-hybrid = a multiple cross for example (alcapulco gold x thai)afgani is a poly hybrid unless you stabilized the alcapulco gold thai cross and the afghani is stabilized, then it would be a true f1

your cross is a hybrid, skunk is ibl, mex bagseed is shitty genetics, anything outta mexico nowadays is completley differnt from the past so its very waterd down

Hey Reign of Terror, :wave:
Not 100% sure but I don't think the above comment is entirely true, after all, the first filial generation (or F1 generation) is an outcross of two unrelated lines but....
Subsequent filial generations are produced by crossing within the previous filial generation, so beyond the F1 cross you're right about them being inbred, or at least thats how I've understood it. I could be wrong though. (I've only really skimmed through Clarkes' Marijuana Botany)

Peace,
Beans

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
It's all good with some people being off topic. The purpose of this thread is to learn and learn and so far I have. I'm sure I'll have a ball with my landraces and future crosses. Thanks for any comments.

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
My lil 1/2 cent.
Tom Hills CalJax was a Haze x Deep Chunk cross that ( when was being tested hermied ) Not real bad, but none the less.
The Haze was Dominate no doubt.
Heavenly scent from the Haze and small rock fuckin hard nugs from the DC.
I loved that plant.. cept she hermied,.

For what it's worth
Sin

zamalito

Veteran
I think ROT meant that the pollen donor of an s1 seed has to be a genetically female plant that's producing pollen that's pollinating a genetically female plant. In that sense s1's are hermie seeds though the s1's themselves arent necesarrily intersexed.

Reign of Terror

thanks Zam, that is what i meant ans beans420, thanks for correcting me, i didnt know how to explain it and i thought someone would understand from saying that but i guess now lol, thx for the corrections

G

Reign of Terror said:
backcrossing is not inbreeding at all
Bullshit! What is it then? If you produced offspring with your child or parent would it be Inbreeding? Inbreeding is not inclusive to siblings.

Last edited:
G

Feminized seeds aren't always selfed and Yes they both are a hermie pollination or a chemically induced reversal. Feminized or Selfed seeds should not be considered in this discussion. They do not apply when speaking of IBLs, true breeding parents and the methods of stabilizing genetics IMHO.

Last edited:
G

MB420 zup my brother? How you been? You got it mostly right too. HeHeHe. Well it isn't really an Outcross to create the F1 Hybrid it is simply the P generation. The initial plants used in an unrelated cross of 2 true breeding parents. It's just a cross. And they have to be unrelated or it's not a hybrid. Skim some Mendel ... Clarke only applied this to MJ but it goes for angiosperms (flowering plants). Mendel conducted his initial experiments on peas. In and Out denote subsequent crosses within an established (or stabilized if you will) strain/breeding project. An Incross being to a relative or Outcross to a stranger. And yes once the filial chain is broken it is broken.

Reign of Terror

like i said, backcrossing is not inbreeding, AT ALL!

backcrossing - To cross (a hybrid) with one of its parents or with an individual genetically identical to one of its parents.

inbreeding - The breeding of related individuals within an isolated or a closed group of organisms or people. The continued breeding of closely related individuals so as to preserve desirable traits in a stock.

backcrossing is to make more genetically alike or to introduce new genes and reinvigorate a strain of any sort of genetcs. inbreeding is to stabilize.

p.s. why in the world did you think they were the same???

Reign

mace_ecam

ROT, backcrossing is inbreeding, too.

After all, if you made your mother a baby, wouldn't that be inbreeding? :D

Just look at the trailer parks, or even Tasmania for that matter..

Last edited:

Reign of Terror

no because it doesnt stabilize traits

i could backcross strawberry cough 20 times to essentially have it be 99% pure strawberry cough. but i didnt stabilize any genetics, i just increased the percentage of strawberry coughs genetics.

Guest423

Veteran
that is true rot, people have crossed the same parents of certain strains forever but that doesn't make it an ibl....every strain would eventually be an ibl then.

be nice to the trailer people mace

Last edited: