What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cream Caramel .:|:. Strain Report

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
Tommy, when you said Cream Caramel is a short plant, you weren't kidding! Here's my lone CC at 22 days from seed, the short one in front.

picture.php

It is by far the shortest, bushiest of the group I'm growing right now. With only a couple more weeks of veg, I'm starting to wonder if it's even going to make it up to the height of my SCROG screen.

FYI, rear left is Critical Jack, and rear right is Kandy Kush.

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi mate!

Thanks for your visit and for the lovely pic :thank you:

Yep, short and bushy. Actually, if you have another look at that picture, Cream Caramel doesn't seem that much shorter than the other 2 ladies, maybe a couple of cm (or an inch, maximum). What makes her look shorter is the short internodal distance. Branches are really close to each other, which makes the plant look even shorter.

And yes... doing a SCROG with 3 different strains grown from seed with which you had no previous experience with is really very risky. Hope you're lucky and they can fill the net, I'm a bit curious how it will go, so let me know about it when the grow is more advanced.

You know, she is shorter but the little branches seem more developed than the little branches of the other 2 ladies, so it is possible that she takes a little longer to achieve the net but when she does, you'll have lots of CC branches to fill the net. And you can also put the pot up on something so it gets higher... if you know what I mean ;)

Keep it sweet my friend, kind regards :wave:

|tommy_g|

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
Hi mate!

Thanks for your visit and for the lovely pic :thank you:

Yep, short and bushy. Actually, if you have another look at that picture, Cream Caramel doesn't seem that much shorter than the other 2 ladies, maybe a couple of cm (or an inch, maximum). What makes her look shorter is the short internodal distance. Branches are really close to each other, which makes the plant look even shorter.

And yes... doing a SCROG with 3 different strains grown from seed with which you had no previous experience with is really very risky. Hope you're lucky and they can fill the net, I'm a bit curious how it will go, so let me know about it when the grow is more advanced.

You know, she is shorter but the little branches seem more developed than the little branches of the other 2 ladies, so it is possible that she takes a little longer to achieve the net but when she does, you'll have lots of CC branches to fill the net. And you can also put the pot up on something so it gets higher... if you know what I mean ;)

Keep it sweet my friend, kind regards :wave:

|tommy_g|

Hard to tell from the angle in the photo, but the Cream Caramel in front is barely 6 inches, while the Critical Jack behind it is almost 10 inches. And yes, the side branches are very well developed. Kind of hard to tell in the photo, but those little side branch leaves form a pretty solid bush under the big fan leaves. Short and bushy, indeed.

BTW, I didn't mean to imply anything negative. As far as I'm concerned, a short, sturdy, stocky, bushy plant is ideal. It has the same number of leaves (maybe more) as the CJ, but in a more compact form. A lack of stretch (a short internodal distance) is always a good thing.

As far as filling in the screen, I typically top the taller plants to let the shorter ones catch up. I just topped that CJ and an unusually-tall Sadhu (not shown) yesterday.

Also interesting about CC, at 3 weeks I noticed preflowers already. Female of course (feminized seed). It's like it's champing at the bit to start producing buds!

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
Here's that Cream Caramel's main "cola" at 19 days of 12/12:

picture.php

It is still the smallest of the group. It seemed to stop growing toward the end of veg time (almost 6 weeks), while the others continued. Just now, after almost 3 weeks of flowering, its lower branches are peeking above the SCROG screen. I'm hoping it was doing most of its growing below the soil, and will compensate for its small size with big buds. We'll see.

Last edited:

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hello my friend! Thanks for sharing some news about your Cream Caramel ;)

Unfortunatelly I can't see the pic. I've checked your post and the pic is a link from other forum, so I think you can see your pic because you are registered in that other forum but all the ICMag users that are not registered in that forum can't see it. For what you are saying the pic would not be a good publicity for us over here, hehehe, but we are not here only for the good publicity but also to help eventual problems users have with our strains. Every feedback is positive because we can help growers and sometimes correct our own mistakes, when that's the problem... :)

I'd give you my opinion if I could look at the picture, but even without seeing it if they are only 19 days of 12/12 it is possible that the plant end up producing well. Anyway, with a scrog, there is no place for smaller plants. If it was a sog you could put her up on something so she could get higher and receive the same amount of light as the others. With a scrog it's a bit more difficult, but lets wait to see...

We'll keep in touch, sweet regards,

|tommy_g|

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
Unfortunatelly I can't see the pic

Oops! Guess you can see picts in albums here on another forum, but not vice versa. You should now be able to see the missing bud pict.

Also, in case anyone's interested, here's the CC along with its cabinet mates.

picture.php

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Thanks mate!

Yes, now I can see the pics. Very nice this one of the scrog ;) And yes, the Cream Caramel will only give some 3 or 4 "main" buds. It will be interesting to see how the flowers get in the end, so you can keep passing by to give us the news :)

Hope she produces some good, hard and sweet buds my friend :peppermintstick: Sweet regards!

|tommy_g|

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
Here's the frosty Cream Caramel main cola at day 47 of 12/12:

picture.php

The leaf tips on a few of the larger colas started turning a bit yellow this week, along with losing a lot of it's lower leaves over the past two weeks or so (compared to the others in the cabinet with it). I've also noticed what you can see on a few of the leaves in lower-left corner of the photo, the edges turning just a bit brownish.

I'm using organic ferts (General Organics), and have been feeding all my plants the Bloom formula pretty heavily the past few weeks. I also gave the CC a shot of Grow formula last week when I started noticing the yellowing leaves. This is the only one of the group showing these signs. So I'm not sure if that is nute burn or some deficiency or what. Any ideas?

Just looking at some of the other photos here and noticed that same darkening along the leaf edges, even more pronounced (see 3illmesmart's photos). Maybe it's not something I'm doing?

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi Tony! Thanks for passing by and for sharing that beautiful Cream Caramel flower :thank you:

I'm not sure about it but I would go with the nute burn theory rather than the deficiency theory ;) They don't need lots of nutrients and for what you're saying (even without speaking about dosis) seems like they've been getting lots of food lately. The lower yellowing leaves that eventually end up falling down by themselves if you don't remove them first are not necessarily a sign of N deficiency. When leaves don't get enough light they tend to loose their color and "vigour" during flowering because the plant "realizes" those leaves are useless. If they are subjected to high humidity levels they will yeallow even faster and sometimes can end up getting rotten.

Anyway I think the plant is looking good and I wouldn't worry much about the color of the leaf edges, plant is in her las 1/3 of flowering and what's important now is that the flowers keep fattening up and get mature as expected. Personally I would not feed her again untill harvest, the maximum I would give her would be maybe a half dose of a bloom stimulator like TopMax from BioBizz or BioBoost from Canna. I had plants completly yeallow at that same point of flowering and they kept fattening up until the end even without being fed, so with those dark green leaves you got there I'm sure the plant has more than enough to hang up until harvest ;)

This is just my opinion and personal considerations, you should look also at other opinions and informations and decide for yourself.

Keep passing by mate, your visit is always much appreciated and now I'll be curious to know about how that baby Caramel ends :peppermintstick:

Sweet smokes, kind regards,

tommy

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
I'm not sure about it but I would go with the nute burn theory rather than the deficiency theory ;)

Yeah, I think you're right. I feel like I have a margin of error for nute burn with organics, but maybe not as much as I think. I was only planning on one more feeding anyway, seeing as how there's only 2+ weeks to go. I'll leave the CC out of that round. I don't have or use any bloom boosters, but I do use molasses. I'll continue with that about once a week till the end.

And just so you don't think this is too serious a problem, here's the rest of this beautiful plant (day 47):

picture.php

In my SCROG it's kinda hard to tell what belongs to whom, so I blurred out the other plants. Main untopped cola is on the left (from the previous pict). This plant was the smallest when I flipped to 12/12, with its lower branches just poking above the screen. As you can see, those lower branches have since experienced a major growth spurt, more than just stretch. I'm now pretty confident I'm going to get some nice buds off of this girl.

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Yeah, I think you're right. I feel like I have a margin of error for nute burn with organics, but maybe not as much as I think. I was only planning on one more feeding anyway, seeing as how there's only 2+ weeks to go. I'll leave the CC out of that round. I don't have or use any bloom boosters, but I do use molasses. I'll continue with that about once a week till the end.

And just so you don't think this is too serious a problem, here's the rest of this beautiful plant (day 47):

picture.php

In my SCROG it's kinda hard to tell what belongs to whom, so I blurred out the other plants. Main untopped cola is on the left (from the previous pict). This plant was the smallest when I flipped to 12/12, with its lower branches just poking above the screen. As you can see, those lower branches have since experienced a major growth spurt, more than just stretch. I'm now pretty confident I'm going to get some nice buds off of this girl.

Hi again Tony! :wave:

Thanks for the beautiful pic with only the Cream Caramel flowers visible :tiphat: Yes, she's looking nice and will give a good production ;)

I think that's the best you can do, leaving her out of the final feeding round, hehehe, and even the molasses are not necessary, but if you're used to use them until the end of flowering... it's you decision ;)

Glad to see the plant ended up crossing the SCROG net and giving some good flowers. Keep us updated, that's a nice SCROG work you've got there my friend :smoke:

Sweet regards,

tommy

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
Here's one last shot of my Cream Caramel, taken yesterday at day 61 of 12/12. It's trichomes have just started turning amber, so I'm planning on chopping it today or tomorrow.

picture.php

Chopped the two Kandy Kush yesterday, and the Sadhu and Critical Jack will probably come down later this week.

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
You saw the "before," now here's the "after."

picture.php

Chopped on day 62, the trichomes were mostly cloudy just starting to show some amber. The (untopped) main cola is at the bottom. The buds feel very solid and dense. Total trimmed wet weight is 130.3 g, which should translate into about 1 oz of dried buds.

Not bad, considering I thought it was going to be the smallest of the group. Shows how bad I am at guessing yield while they're alive. So far, out of the four I chopped, the all weighed about the same.

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi Tony! Thanks for the pics, that's a very nice harvest in my opinion ;)

Yes, buds are usually rock solid, hope you also enjoy the taste and effect, once it is dried and with a couple of days of cure...

And I also agree... 130gr wet will end up in 27-33gr dry, very probably.

Enjoy your sweets! ..and don't forget to report about the smoke, hehe :wave:

Kind regards,

tommy

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
I posted a few picts of this plant while it was alive earlier in this thread, and I just wanted to follow up post harvest.

The plant was grown in 3 gal of a typical organic soil mix, and fertilized with General Organics. I fed pretty heavily, and the Cream Caramel was the only one of the 6 plants that didn't particularly like it; during flower it showed signs of a slight nute burn. It vegged for 41 days at 17/7 under 400w MH, then went 62 days at 12/12 under 400w HPS. At harvest, trichomes were mostly cloudy and just starting to show some amber. I cured in ziplock bags for about 2.5 weeks, then into jars for a bit more extra-slow curing. Even after all this time (about 5 weeks), the flavors are just starting to come out. Total yield was 22.3 g.

This Cream Caramel is one that I was really looking forward to trying, and I wasn't disappointed. Of the group (Critical Jack, Kandy Kush, & Sadhu), it is probably the most potent, at least with respect to its body buzz. But it's still not the kind that knocks you out. Buzz-wise it's like a slightly more potent version of Sadhu, which is a good thing since Sadhu is one of my favorites. Flavor wise, it has a bit of a sweet, candy taste, but it's very subtle. It actually tastes a lot like the Kandy Kush, only less. A better cure would probably bring out the flavor more.

So, I'm quite happy with the Cream Caramel, and will definitely grow it again. I still have a couple more CC seeds, and am now thinking about what other Sweet Seeds strains I'd like to try. Mohan Ram, Green Poison, and Sweet Afgani Delicious all look interesting.

picture.php

CRaiNKy

Hello, I am running the Cream Caramel in a RDWC scrog method. One pheno is just MONSTER with crazy vigor, the 2nd pheno is smaller but looks to be more tighter.

sorry for the shaky camera work, I did not film it.

[YOUTUBEIF]uTBuGOIa7cQ[/YOUTUBEIF]

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi CRaiNKy! :tiphat:

Welcome to the Sweet Seeds subforum my friend ;)

Thanks for video, they look very healthy and vigorous :) Hope they keep doing well now that they will start flowering.

Keep us updated, all good to you and to your Cream Caramels :thank you:

tommy

obione

Latitude man, what is your latitude....im an outdoor freak....veging some MohamRham right now, they are actualy in the ground already.....

bodler

HiGH Member
Veteran
sorry for my English... latitude: 40 this picture is a 2011 outdoor

Ok info??? :D

good grow!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts