What's new

Cream Caramel F1 FV Sweet Seeds (DZ's pheno #2)

B

bigganjabud

Ffs man my money is on a faulty timer or light leak! You do use a relay and a timer don't ya?

I have the lights on a timer. This morning i shut them off for 2 hours at the beginning of the on phase by accident. Was rewarded with a bright yellow nanner right on top of one of my main colas.

I hope the plant keeps putting energy into fatty buds and crystals : (

1st time i let that happen. I keep the room with the tent in it dark. IDK where the leak would be from. there is a little green light built into a powerstrip near the tent, but I was thinking green light is ok. i covered it up jic

Thanks for the help guys

Yea I know. My water temps were high, ph was high, water levels were low. I usually keep really good environment by checking daily, but I was sick as a dog for a couple days and let it slip.

DZ also pointed out that in attempts to gain rapid oil growth (top booster/terpinaor) could be stressing the plants out. I think its probably a combo of all these things.

Thanks for the quick help guys!

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Cheers mate!

Sorry to know about that. Here's some thoughts...

If you only find that one (stay alert in the next few days), then it might be an isolated case of heat stress, since it's right on top of one of the top buds, close to the light. In that case you just remove it and that's it. No worries of seeded bud in case no other male flowers appear.

If other male flowers appear in the same plant, if it's more than 3 or 4, that plant has to go.

Hopefully it will not happen with the other plants.

On the other hand these type of male flowers that appear in mid or late flowering, much after the female flowers appear and start forming, many times produce polen that is not viable. Even if it finds its way into a male flower it will produce no seeds or very few seeds.

So, that last think I would think about in this moment would be giving up on the whole grow. You have it going well and hopefully no more male flowers will appear or if they appear it will be only in 1 plant.

Keep us updated. All the best and kind regards,

tommy

Cheers mate!

Sorry to know about that. Here's some thoughts...

If you only find that one (stay alert in the next few days), then it might be an isolated case of heat stress, since it's right on top of one of the top buds, close to the light. In that case you just remove it and that's it. No worries of seeded bud in case no other male flowers appear.

If other male flowers appear in the same plant, if it's more than 3 or 4, that plant has to go.

Hopefully it will not happen with the other plants.

On the other hand these type of male flowers that appear in mid or late flowering, much after the female flowers appear and start forming, many times produce polen that is not viable. Even if it finds its way into a male flower it will produce no seeds or very few seeds.

So, that last think I would think about in this moment would be giving up on the whole grow. You have it going well and hopefully no more male flowers will appear or if they appear it will be only in 1 plant.

Keep us updated. All the best and kind regards,

tommy

Thanks Tommy that's what I'm hoping. Isolated heat stress.
Remember this is only 1 plant!

SO far so good. No new nanners, the plant is drinking heavily and is swelling! Hooray. Here are some pics

Attachments

• IMG_1279.jpg
    IMG_1279.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1281.jpg
    IMG_1281.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1283.jpg
    IMG_1283.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1285.jpg
    IMG_1285.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1287.jpg
    IMG_1287.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 19
B

bigganjabud

get a new timer please as a precaution seeing as bananas seem like they love your house man!!
I reckon you might have a segment or two of your timer somewhere in your bits

Can't see how it's happening on the poison and now the Caramel otherwise tbh

B

bigganjabud

I use a heavy duty timer from PowerPlant and a contactor relay from eurotechnics il snap a pic of my electrics for you bro

I've gone extra this time!!!

sweet! I have a pretty cheapo timer, but ive kept an eye on it and its always off/on when its supposed to be. I wanna de ghettoify my setup for the next round. Such beautiful results always tainted by things like nanners.

She is frosty as ive ever seen. Found a couple more nanners/seedpods and removed them. See the beginnings of a couple more, but not an infestation like last time.

Maybe I had this same exact issue last time due to the heavy feed/heavy light combo and just didn't notice it until later. I didnt know what a nanner was until either urself, jamie, or DZ informed me after I had a pretty decent nanner infestation last time.

If so I was still rather pleased with the final results, as were most who smoked it.

B

bigganjabud

Yes purpz I've only ever had one or two Bananas in my grows tbh oh yeah here ya go the pics of my electrics let me know if your not sure what's what

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Merry Xmas and happy holidays bro. Hope you're enjoying the 60 degree weather on Christmas day.. lol

You have a pair of the lumigrow glasses right? You know that if you take pics through the lens your photos will balance out in colors better? Or sometimes there's a white balance feature you can select to compensate for the heavy oranges that HPS bulbs produce. Or maybe take pics with flash right after lights off.. Would love to see their real color.. Otherwise everything looks amazing! Give her some time to adjust to the new diet and less light intensity.

A few nanners here and there are the writings on the wall and it looks like you read them well and adapted your approach. Learning how to read plants is one of those things you learn with time and lots of patience. I think she's recovering now and will be back on track to keep stacking and drinking... You mentioned she's still thirsty which is a great sign! Depending on how green she is I would start thinking about slowly backing off the PPM's and seeing if she still keeps going. I noticed when I ran her, she frosted up even more when I fed her less after week 6. I just waited for her to start yellowing a bit, then kept the PPM's there for the remainder, until flush.. They love food but too much also is something I've learned works against overall health.

Smoked some CC#2 tonight in the vape and holy cow her flavor is very sweet and loud! I hope you enjoy her as much as I do. You're definitely doing her justice!

-DZ

B

bigganjabud

Happy Christmas my American family DZ PURPZ PORKIE AND THE OTHERS STAY FROSTY PEOPLE

Latest posts

Latest posts