What's new

Crazy Shit Happens When...

Crazy shit happens when you live downtown... especially when it rains. I noticed someone sleeping in the doorway of the elementary school across the street and thought 'that's unusual'. Usually the bums sleep under the highway where it's dark, and low key. The school is very high key, and the doorway is lighted.

Then I heard someone walking around in the parking lot next to my house, usual downtown bum action. I was chilling on the couch, just recovering up from the usual after-dinner hash coma.

Next I heard arguing from right in front of the house. I looked out the window just in time to see three guys jump one dude. One of the short guys has beating this dude with an aluminum baseball bat. He was on the ground on my front yard. I heard "Ting!, Ting!"

I grabbed the cell and dialed 9 11. Ran out and yelled "What are you doing!!!!" lol, because that's what I say to my dog. The three short guys ran off and jumped into a waiting SUV at the end of the block, gone. The bigger guy slowly got up, shook it off and stumbled away. The bum sleeping across the street slowly packed up, he got questioned but didn't get arrested!

Cops came, picked dude up from around the corner and took him to hospital. Did their question/info thing. I didn't really see much other than 3 little mexican dudes and the victim. One in a grey hoody and jeans beating the bigger dude (very dark hispanic) in blue/white plaid shirt and jeans.

Good thing I'm 215. Still, the six cop cars that pulled up had me shaking.

The cops picked him up and he's in the hospital. The three guys are long gone. Gotta move to the county. This part of my front yard has been a vortex for drama.

ibjamming

Veteran
Crazy shit happens when you live downtown... especially when it rains. I noticed someone sleeping in the doorway of the elementary school across the street and thought 'that's unusual'. Usually the bums sleep under the highway where it's dark, and low key. The school is very high key, and the doorway is lighted.

Then I heard someone walking around in the parking lot next to my house, usual downtown bum action. I was chilling on the couch, just recovering up from the usual after-dinner hash coma.

Next I heard arguing from right in front of the house. I looked out the window just in time to see three guys jump one dude. One of the short guys has beating this dude with an aluminum baseball bat. He was on the ground on my front yard. I heard "Ting!, Ting!"

I grabbed the cell and dialed 9 11. Ran out and yelled "What are you doing!!!!" lol, because that's what I say to my dog. The three short guys ran off and jumped into a waiting SUV at the end of the block, gone. The bigger guy slowly got up, shook it off and stumbled away. The bum sleeping across the street slowly packed up, he got questioned but didn't get arrested!

Cops came, picked dude up from around the corner and took him to hospital. Did their question/info thing. I didn't really see much other than 3 little mexican dudes and the victim. One in a grey hoody and jeans beating the bigger dude (very dark hispanic) in blue/white plaid shirt and jeans.

Good thing I'm 215. Still, the six cop cars that pulled up had me shaking.

The cops picked him up and he's in the hospital. The three guys are long gone. Gotta move to the county. This part of my front yard has been a vortex for drama.

If we ever get back the RIGHT to take the law into our own hands...I would have saved one person from a horrendous beating...and even better...eliminated 3 bad "people" saving the next person the good fortune of meeting those three sometime in the future. But that's me...I prefer REAL solutions to problems and not just jawboning...

Nice neighborhood.

If we ever get back the RIGHT to take the law into our own hands...I would have saved one person from a horrendous beating...and even better...eliminated 3 bad "people" saving the next person the good fortune of meeting those three sometime in the future. But that's me...I prefer REAL solutions to problems and not just jawboning...

Nice neighborhood.

Thanks... I guess. I did save that guy from a real beating. They had his ass corned on my lawn. He got up and walked away without a sound. As for taking the law into my own hands... you sound like a maniac and I'm glad the laws exist to prevent people like you from doing just that.

Thanks... I guess. I did save that guy from a real beating. They had his ass corned on my lawn. He got up and walked away without a sound. As for taking the law into my own hands... you sound like a maniac and I'm glad the laws exist to prevent people like you from doing just that.

damn

he probably thought he was a goner

you may have just saved a dude who F'd up
that could have been a gang hit ?

crazy front yard action

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Damn. Sounds like you live in the Town. That's how it is in the flats for sure. I'm with you. Time to move to the country.

Only problem with that, is that if we abandon the cities, more of this will flourish. Kind of Catch-22 situation.

Props for standing up. Be careful for sure. You never know what might happen.

Lucky 7

Good Save man .................. some guy did exactly the same thing for me when I was about 15. Saved my ass from four goons.

TruthOrLie

Veteran
they just wanted his mcrib...

and the homeless guy was probably hoping to get arrested. it was rainy... free room n meal

R

rick shaw

You did the right thing calling 911. I've found calling the police station directly instead of 911 is better response. Plenty of wack jobs in my neighborhood as well,I reside in San Francisco's Tenderloin. I canceled my HBO subscription.There is more action,comedy and drama right outside my door.

damn
he probably thought he was a goner
you may have just saved a dude who F'd up
that could have been a gang hit ?
crazy front yard action

gang hit or drug deal gone bad. either way it was planned because they had a get away driver parked at the end of the block.

Damn. Sounds like you live in the Town. That's how it is in the flats for sure. I'm with you. Time to move to the country.
Only problem with that, is that if we abandon the cities, more of this will flourish. Kind of Catch-22 situation.
Props for standing up. Be careful for sure. You never know what might happen.
Thanks. Wish I had go the plate from the get away car. I felt bad telling the Mexican cop that it was three short Mexicans vs one non-mexican.
Sounds like you live in SF.
lol, about an hour from there.
Good Save man .................. some guy did exactly the same thing for me when I was about 15. Saved my ass from four goons.
Yeah man, that "ting ting" sound of that bat hitting dude was disturbing. I was on them quickly, probably only got two good whacks on dude. They ran off as soon as I came out the door. The strange thing is the guy getting beat never made a sound. Even after the beating he just got up and slowly walked away. Told the cops he doesn't remember what happened. I should check the yard for crack or whatever.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
the one big dude, the quiet one, had just finished molesting that 'mexicans' little sister!, or not...
you were lucky they werent strapped.

the one big dude, the quiet one, had just finished molesting that 'mexicans' little sister!, or not...
you were lucky they werent strapped.

yeah, who knows. agreed about not being strapped. usually the crazy shit happens after the bars close. but this was before midnight.

Photorikki

I live in TNT-
The New Tenderloin at Market and Gough in SF.
Its gotten HORRIBLE around here.

Just this morning from 7-9am,
I videotaped 4 different super drunks peeing and staggering under my window,
2 homeless guys (one dressed like Santa!) rob two other sleeping homeless guys-also under my window.
And I poured a bottle of water onto the pavement to move another drunk away from my other window!
WTF?!?

The cops respond to nothing around here.

O

Organic Cat

I want a McRib sammich!!

Photorikki, how about the old Chinese ladies picking through trash / recycling cans? clankity clank clank crunch!

Lived in Nob Hill, Financial District (Tenderloin edge), North Beach, was fun while it lasted but don't miss the noise at all.

Photorikki

OC-

We don't have the Chinese lady here.
But starting at dusk every single night-we get the shopping carts full of glass bottles banging over the cobblestones as the junkies steal all the glass out of every single blue recycle bin.
The city won't put locks on the bins unless you pay them $60.
Result: free money for the junkies, tons of noise for the neighborhood and zero recycling for the city.

So I borrowed a video camera to shame them into action and DAMN! am I getting the footage!

O

Organic Cat

I guess I lived too close to Chinatown. Chinese ladies in funny hats always digging through my garbage.

Trust me, you won't shame anyone into anything in your part of town.

ibjamming

Veteran
You people accept this? This is OK in your neighborhood? Just call the police?

I reply about cleaning up the neighborhood and I'm called a maniac? I'm SO glad I'm not a part of this "new" generation. You people have homeless people sleeping across the street, people getting the shit kicked out of them with a baseball bat in your front yard. And the only "acceptable" response is simply..."call the police"?

The responsible action is clean up the trash!

You kids really have been programmed to accept pretty much ANYTHING...haven't you? How else could they get away with touching your junk, molesting your 4 y/o children, taking nudies of your wife, and rummaging through your things at their whim. Just to travel.

I truly feel sorry for you...to have given up your freedom and your self respect...for gadgets from China nonetheless! Leaving your safety to others is a fools errand.

Remember...when seconds count...911 hold times seem to take FOREVER!

Good luck! Really...I mean it!