What's new

cravin morehead's bio-buckets

cravin morehead

Veteran
some of you may know i got a new tent/set-up going. i just finished building a bio-bucket set-up in it. it is just cycling now, and i'm waiting for my cuts to root (dg's brainfreeze) i got from my brother. should be putting them in the new system in about 10 days or so, we'll see. here's some pics of the set-up:
its a 6 bucket, 1000w blockbuster 6", bio-bucket in a GL 120 tent.

reservoir is a 96 quart(24 gal) igloo cooler with a float valve

the media is lava rocks, pump is moving 640 gph, each bucket has a drain valve on the bottom

all light leaks were addressed and all vents have diy light traps

lemme know what you think, more to come

cm

Last edited:

bagada

make sure those black hoses are compatible with growing. I used tubing before that was harmful and ruined my whole grow. I think its best to stick with pvc unless you have used that type hose before. Its not worth losing everything

Id try to get a stronger pump.
7-10 times minimum of water volume circulation per hour.
So your cutting it a little close. Better safe than sorry brother!

(I use a 1200 gph pump on 3 5g buckets and a 20g res)

cravin morehead

Veteran
hey bagada- those black hoses are flexible pvc. they can be glued into standard pvc fittings.

krypt- with this pump im exchanging the water over 12 times an hour. lets say the buckets hold 5 gallons each (reality is more like 4 gallons) + 10 gallons in the reservoir= 40 gallons. 498 gph / 40 =12.45 . and according to the 3 quarts for each sq. ft. of canopy (3' x 3'), i should have enough total volume. got links to your bio grow?

thanks for the props and concern everyone. hopefully this will work out for me...

actually, i was double checking my pump. it is actually rated @ 700gph/640gph with 6" head( which i have 8 " head height) so, even better.

Last edited:

cravin morehead

Veteran
thanks DH... i can't wait too. should be not too long now... anyone run dutch grown Brainfreeze?? i got clones of the first 2 BF's my bro popped, just wondering what to expect, stretch,smell, taste, and nute wise. it's bred by dutch grown so i know its gotta be pretty nice, lui x c99 has gotta be great tho

cyat

Veteran
thanks DH... i can't wait too. should be not too long now... anyone run dutch grown Brainfreeze?? i got clones of the first 2 BF's my bro popped, just wondering what to expect, stretch,smell, taste, and nute wise. it's bred by dutch grown so i know its gotta be pretty nice, lui x c99 has gotta be great tho

I ran it(2x)... do you want the truth or a nice polite answer?

cyat

Veteran
ok.. sativa type node spacing lotta stretch.. huge buds good yield...

but, very light fruity flavor and smell, low potency and trichomes

grown w lucas formula in dirt/oil dri and h and g in coco

no one wanted it was my worst stuff at the time, but maybe your pheno is better

I didnt even order it, was a mistake

cravin morehead

Veteran
ouch!! the pheno i'm rooting has some fat leaves, but resembles a sativa in the node spacing. hard to say though, my brother doesn't have intense lighting at all. all his plants are a little sativa spaced looking with kind of airy buds. these cuts stink already, with no roots or visible preflowers yet. i guess i'll just use this grow as a measure of my system, not really about quality of smoke. but, who knows, these 2 phenos may be pretty nice. not every seed is a winner/loser right??

i don't have much choice right now. just starting new moms and i've never bought a dispensary clone that was worth a shit. done with buying those infested shitty cuts... i need to run something to test the new (to me) bio system. i don't know any other growers except me and my bro, and i taught him... soooo

thanks for your input, (ouch!!)

cm

cyat

Veteran
ya every seed is different yours could be dank!

buyin cuts usually does suck... but your in ca so youve got a lot of options

cravin morehead

Veteran
true, tons of options. but not many good options. i just read some reports on dutchgrowns section, got more hope now. thanks for your honesty though, i appreciate it...

cravin morehead

Veteran
hey mountain high- i'm going to run dyna. i've tried a bunch over the years, some good, some not so good. so i figure i'll run a nice simple regimen with clean results. plus i've read these bio-systems don't like/need a bunch of additives, come to think of it, neither do i...

Latest posts

Latest posts