What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CPS TR21 users get in here!!

JColtrane

Sorry, I'm not convinced ... i run 2 cps's in parrel w/ a 20' ss heat exchanger on d/i and dont have over heating issues. When you run multiple pumps at once, it takes the strain off of the individual. A fan blowing directly on the pumps helps too. Good on you for PPE!

Permacultuure

Veteran
whats the total on a haskel setup? Compressor included...? also decibel rating in operation?

Glad to see you back brother. We lucked out on our compressor, but paying retail for a compressor, Haskel and logistics I'd say anywhere from 10-15k. Depending on how far your 3 phase panel is ect. It can be expensive to run 3 phase line

Rickys bong

Veteran
Does the CPS crankcase get pressurized or is it isolated completely?

I can't find a detailed parts diagram that shows exactly how it's designed...
One of the serious flaws with the earlier Promax pumps is how the crankcase is pressurized which can lead to bearing lube ending up in the butane stream...

RB

flatslabs

I assume most of you with an MKIII or similar have a compound pressure gauge with a female flare fitting you can screw onto the pump outlet to do a pressure test.

How do I test one to make sure it works properly?

Are you asking if it holds pressurse, like the Appion? Close the out valve? Not sure you can do this on the TR21 sice there is no gauge ... maybe someone else will chim in.

I assume most of you with an MKIII or similar have a compound pressure gauge with a female flare fitting you can screw onto the pump outlet to do a pressure test.

That was the whole reason I posted this thread. A compound gauge threaded to the output of the TR21, pump it up, turn the pump off and the pressure will drop. Rather quickly too.

Dab Strudel

Sorry, I'm not convinced ... i run 2 cps's in parrel w/ a 20' ss heat exchanger on d/i and dont have over heating issues. When you run multiple pumps at once, it takes the strain off of the individual. A fan blowing directly on the pumps helps too. Good on you for PPE!

What temps do you get at your tank? I was thinking of using individual 3/8 20' for 3 appions but now I'm thinking that may be overkill. What's the pros and cons of the pumps being in line vs them being on a 1" intake port with a + on it?

That was the whole reason I posted this thread. A compound gauge threaded to the output of the TR21, pump it up, turn the pump off and the pressure will drop. Rather quickly too.

So are you saying its not effective to do or it is what I should do? If its not effective then what should I do to see if its still useable?

flatslabs

Your post was kind of confusing with you putting the gauge in various places and the MKiii involved.

Sorry if I missed it but you hooked just the pressure gauge to the output of the pump and an air compressor with a ball valve on the inlet. Pump up to X psi, close ball valve, wait?

Sorry if I missed it but you hooked just the pressure gauge to the output of the pump and an air compressor with a ball valve on the inlet. Pump up to X psi, close ball valve, wait?

No, I did not use a stand alone compressor. I put the gauge on the outlet of the TR21, opened the inlet, used the recovery pump to pump up pressure on the gauge, then I capped off the inlet and turned off the pump. The pressure then dropped.

I did this after pumping up the whole system with the TR21 and noticing a drop in pressure. To verify the MKIII wasn't the source of the leak, I isolated each component and verified they did not leak. That is when I decided to test just the TR21 itself as stated in the previous paragraph.

Do you follow?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The standard Mk III design has the compound pressure gauge attached by a hose.

Simply disconnect that hose from the Terpenator lid cross, and attach it to the outlet of the TR-21.

Remove any hoses from the inlet of the TR-21, and turn it on.

The TR-21 should go up to pressure and turn off relatively fast. The gauge should show what pressure it shut off at.

It should stay turned off and not periodically cycle to make up leakage.

Dab Strudel

No, I did not use a stand alone compressor. I put the gauge on the outlet of the TR21, opened the inlet, used the recovery pump to pump up pressure on the gauge, then I capped off the inlet and turned off the pump. The pressure then dropped.

I did this after pumping up the whole system with the TR21 and noticing a drop in pressure. To verify the MKIII wasn't the source of the leak, I isolated each component and verified they did not leak. That is when I decided to test just the TR21 itself as stated in the previous paragraph.

Do you follow?

When you say it so nonchalantly it seems as though what you are saying is supposed to happen, I was under the assumption you were trying to convey that the pressure test I seek was ill fit to test its functionality.

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
... so I stuck an in line filter drier .. backwards ..on the 'out' side of my tr21 as well as the normal filter on the 'in'..

.. it did not slow things down a bit and it stopped the wierd flutter I was getting on the high side Guage...
.. gonna do run without it to see if the flutter comes back ..than put a larger one facing the right direction. . Just to see..

..any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. ..

Pangea

Veteran
When pulling a vac on the whole system you pull throught the tr-21 inlet to vac out the aftercooler line? or do you t and valve a new line around the pump?

Latest posts

Latest posts