What's new

CPC (Chronic Pain Club)

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My pain has been good lately. I have been drug free for over a year now.
King good to see you and how wonderful to hear you are less pain and drug free. I think everyone here thinks the same as you in believing the drugs may be worse than the pain at times. I hope this lasts a long time for you. DD

G`Morninng Everyone

I Feel better today after finally getting some sleep. I feel ok this morning but still have pains in my right knee and my right side was hurting were they found the gallstones when they did the test on Monday and the 4 masses on my lungs.

People say try not tothink about the spots on my lungs, well I went to bed with this on my mind and woke up with the same worry on my mind so if anyone can give me some ways to forget how to keep bad news out of your mind please give me the trick.

I hope you all have a nice day and as always I wish you All a Blessed Day, now I will go enjoy a hot cup of freshly brewed coffee.

E

emerald city

D.R
Sorry to learn of your news,my only advice is to enjoy the moment,worrying about things beyond our controll is always a waste of time that could be spent in more constructive/creative ways..
I believe that things are the way there susposed to be,All the good,all the bad,all that is..there is no understanding of why.The trick is to learn from each others trials and tribulations and enjoy the moment...oommmmm

G `Evening Everyone,

I had my 2 hours worth of CT Scans today and a Biopsy of the 4 masses on my lungs and tomorrow sometime I will receive the results as they have an In house Lab and with this urgency my Dr that was referred to me today Specializes in Lungs and put a stat order on the biopsy.

The 2 Radiologist explained the testing procedures to me and that the test results will be ready by tomorrow afternoon so I have to leave everything to my Lord & My Faith.

My chest is hurting and it made me freak out while they knumbed me and then as I layed on the table I seen the Dr. open a plastic package with a huge very long onject that he told me would snip a tiny piece of the mass and send it down the the In house Lab and over night they will conduct cancer test to see exactly what this tissue is so tomorrow I will know so tonight I will be up pacing and praying.

Hey everyone,

LifeIsGrowing here. A little bit of my "back" story and why I would like to join the CPC.

My journey to a life with chronic pain started when I was born with a genetic defect that causes my cerebellum to stick out of my skull and the pressure caused by this causes nueropathic pain. Well I grew up, having aches and pains, and some weird things that I never really thought to mention to anyone, mainly because I was a skateboarder and I was frequently injured as a result, so I really had no clue what was going on. I just knew, my body hurt, a lot of the time.

Well, when I was 15, I started noticing that I was in to much pain for me to handle being able to support a normal lifestyle. The only thing that helped was cannabis, primarily deep Indica strains.

I was always a cannabis smoker but mainly in my mind as a recreational user. But when it became to hard to find quality enough supply, I went to an old friend of the family who was a grower. I told him my dilemma and for a few years, I had a steady supply of high quality top notch strains. My love for cannabis grew with each new strain and hybrid that I tasted, also my knowledge of growing was expanded greatly by my fascination with this beautiful gift from the earth.

When I was 17, I decided to finally consult a doctor about all the problems I had been having. It was confirmed that I had several slipped discs in my neck and upper back, and 2 infused discs in the L4, L5. I was put on narcotic meds and told to go to a chiropractor regularly. So I did.

Everytime I left the place, I felt nauseated and while having some temporary relief, it seemed to be causing more problems. About 2 months into treatment, I woke up one morning not being able to move my neck, upon looking in the mirror, I noticed that I had a huge lump on the side of my neck the size of a baseball...

I went to the ER and was told to never see a chiropractor again. Instead I was given more narcotic medications and told that the damage to my spine was to risky to attempt surgery on. So I was going to live a life of chronic pain. So what did I do? I smoked cannabis to keep moving and keep living.

A few months later, randomly one day I started feeling as if I was having a heart attack, I was in such horrible pain that I had to be carried to and from the car. The ER dismissed me as being a drug seeker and I layed in the ER waiting room riling in pain, until my family finally convinced them to take another look at me. They found out I was having rapid spasms in my chest and throughout my ribs. So then on top of the narcotics, I was given muscle relaxers. From that day on, I've had muscle spasms nearly all day, everyday. Well I never liked taking these either, and soon found that cannabis was helping with the muscle spasms as well.

Well then I was driving up to see my nephew being born, and was rear-ended while at a dead stop. The other car was going 45mph. And I was left with un-repairable damage in my spine, and they finally found out that I had a 'Chiari Malformation Type II' which I was born with and it was the cause behind the original pain I had my whole life.

Apparently, this is the reason I had the swelling in my neck and the muscle spasms that never stopped. But the car wreck caused even more damage. Now I had to take narcotic pain meds, and as finding quality supply or affording it was becoming harder and harder. Well the only way to fix my problem would be to do brain surgery, and I had a very high risk of dying due to the severity of the malformation. It had been wedged open further due to the car that plowed into me.

After taking the narcotics for awhile, I started farming for myself. But couldn't get ahold of the top-notch cuts that I really needed for relief. Throughout the years, I have had more problems go wrong, and it's a back and forth game between only using cannabis and having to take both the narcotics and cannabis depending on the situation.

Right now, I am trying to recover from paying out tons of money for medical bills over the years, and finally received help from the gov. after awhile. But between not getting paid much and recently getting married, I have been only able to get my meds in limited quantities the past 6 months or so and it's made it really hard. But I should be back up and moving around again soon enough, doing what I love the most, growing.

I am an active member of MPP, NORML, and the Ohio Compassionate Use act group. Most of my free time is spent educating people on the dangers of the medications being used for chronic pain and the extreme benefit of switching to medical cannabis. This is officially the 3rd year of the Ohio Patient Network's attempts to get medicinal cannabis approved in the state of Ohio. Last year the bill reached the House but was denied a hearing. This year we are working harder to get the bill passed, and I am constantly going around and giving out info everywhere and anywhere, including going to churches and teaching them about how cannabis is not a 'devil' plant and if you really look, the 'Tree of Life' has to be cannabis, and how there was an plant that was the 'healer of all nations' which as more and more research shows, is cannabis.

I would love to join if I could, and help out in anyway. It would also be nice just to discuss what helps with others and seeing what kind of breeding and growing people are doing in order to maximize their quality of life.

Thanks
-LIG

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DR - I was just thinking about you and your trials. Hope all is well, or as well as it can be.

Presto_D

Hello, I am hoping I might be granted access to this group. I am way too young to be taken seriously by my doctors regarding pain. Probably a good thing because I enjoy opiates a little too much.
Cannabis really really works!

I know I don't have it bad compared to some chronic pain sufferers, but this is all I know, and some days it blows chunks.

I fell out of a bunk bed as a child and damaged something in my upper back. My parents couldn't be bothered to take me to the doctor, my fingers and toes still worked, right?
That area causes the worst pain lately although I thought I had grown out of it as a teen.
The only crises I've had involve my lower back, and it was noted that I have mild scoliosis and osteophyte formation. I believe that is arthritis? I'm 32, so that got me a sad head shake from the doctor, and that's about it. A little PT and some muscle relaxants.
I also get migraines from neck tension, and I am really curious about what kony said a page ago about the neck pain and tension causing social anxiety. That I have also always suffered from. It's amazing what side effects pain has. I've been dealing with fatigue from pain recently, but boy howdy does MMJ help! Even something couchlocky makes me want to get up and dance.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
How fast can my body change?!

How fast can my body change?!

Hi there guys!:tiphat:
Nice to see so many of us sharing our painfull experiences:dance013:much better then many pills:ying:
I´m a portuguese bloke that 6years ago decided to move to England. I quite like it in here but man does the weather gets on my bones:comfort:
After a couple of nasty fractures and more then a decade living with scoliosis and chronic back pain i thought i would be used to deal and work with the pain by now.
But nothing prepared me or my bones for this lurvelly english weather that changes every 30mins:comfort:
I start to feel like a human baromether fueled by my own tears and pains:ying:
If it werent for my weed and wifes massages i would be a big crying and disfunctional baby.
Does anyone suffers from the same?!
How do you cope with it?
Just to finish...anyone else feels that when in pain the fact of thinking/writting about it doesnt help to minimize the pain itself?
Is our pain feeding on our minds? Or our minds feeding on our pain?
Peace and Light to us all:ying:

G `Morning Everyone

After being sick last night and having 2 blankets on me cold like an ice cream I'm feeling better this morning but still have to wake up a bit. :coffee:

BBL I ned to get some chores done but wanted to say good morning to you all first.

M

Marywanna

I think talking about the problems constant pain causes is a good thing. Most of us fake it and act like we are okay because we are afraid if you say anything,people will avoid you. I have found that to be true,once I got really sick,the "friends" I had disappeared except for 2 of them. And they are still there,too. In the CPG Forum it is private to all but members,so we can say what we want to and not worry about sounding like a downer. So all you sick-asses,come join us where you can bitch if you feel like it! :wave::comfort: MW

herbwarts

I think talking about the problems constant pain causes is a good thing. Most of us fake it and act like we are okay because we are afraid if you say anything,people will avoid you. I have found that to be true,once I got really sick,the "friends" I had disappeared except for 2 of them. And they are still there,too. In the CPG Forum it is private to all but members,so we can say what we want to and not worry about sounding like a downer. So all you sick-asses,come join us where you can bitch if you feel like it! :wave::comfort: MW
I know this feeling all to well it great to have a place to tell the truth. By the way it's rain here so I feel like I've been hit with a truck. Have a nice day. :wave:

M

Marywanna

OY it's coming this way and the humidity is getting thick. I just hate having to close the doors and windows to run the AC,it's like winter,all closed in.Guess it's true that you can tell the weather by the way you feel..................Did you get the number of that truck?:wave:

I'm past middle-aged and I've had chronic tinnitus all my life (medically level 4 - max=5)-
Over the last ten years or so, the noises have been getting a PITA :moon:

What gets me is why are the noises all alarming?
Why can't they be like sounds of the ocean, or my wife giving me a blowjob, noisy girl that she is! :tiphat: :thank you:

Anyways, I found after some reading etc and trial that weed really helps to keep a lid on the noises and so much less alarming.

The Quack even subtly recommended weed, but "I never said that, you understand..." followed through just as quickly.
(I reckon we should have a poll to see how many people's Doc's have made similar comments.)

I have even saved the research article for weed and tinnitus just in case the rozzers come along and spoil my day -
it can't hurt to have that in my defence somewhere along the line, can it? :joint:

Occasionally I let rip with the weed and my tinnitus sounds like it's coming from about 3 houses away - cool!
However, I hate the weed belly and weed squits the next day, tho!

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
Wow; it is both sad, and also kinda comforting, to see how many of us there are.
Look forward to chatting in the CP group!!

Hang in there everyone!
:wave:

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
i went to the courthouse today and smoked a joint.......a few cops came by and was yelling at me! i can barely speak but was able to say jail if so fine, but this helps me way more than what your doctors try to put in me for my cancer. a young fella wanted to handcuff me and an older feller told him to walk away, he shook my hand and asked nicely to go home. folks get out there and let people know!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts