What's new

Cozy's Cab of the Future!!

C

Cozy Amnesia

You should go perpetual in that bitch bro! I know I would, I like your cab nice job I just need a few 2x4's and I'll have a custom cab too but for now I'm rocking my desk turned flower factory and sideways dresser turned mom and veg cab.

I tried but my seeds from SB got here late, it's not seed bay's fault, USPS took about 23 days to get them to me. But they'll have at least a week head start. Once I'm all done flowering I'll use the HPS for veg and temporarily put some of the 6500k CFLs in there for added blue spectrum. While the chem haze diesels and mazar-i-sharifs are doing their thing, I'll prep the Jack Herer to be a mother and take clones from her, veg them out, and if I time it right they'll be ready right when I harvest the CHDs and MISs.

So if everything goes to plan, I will be perpetual baby! I mean, that is the reason why I built it NGB style...

Thundurkel said:
here's my Mendocino Purple Master Kush and so far it's smells so nice and it doesn't look like the Mendo Purps everyone has to me and I was told it's different from that. Have you ever heard of it out of curiosity??

It doesn't look like my DP Master Kush either. That could be because of your CFLs or how your feeding them though. Mine have a terrible Mg deficiency epsom salts didn't clear up, better get CalMag next time.

And no I've never heard of Mendo Purple MK, how do you like it?

Thundurkel said:
Also what do you think your yield on that is going to be?? looked like a nice bush I was guessing a little more than 1oz ???

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too, 1 - 1.5 oz.

Thanks for stopping by Thundurkul and letting me know how jealous you are! (haha, just joking). I'm always checking out your journal even if I don't post anything.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
So far I really like this Mendocino Purple Master Kush, it may just be Mendocino Purple Kush but the guy said it was Master Kush and known up there as MPMK or MP it's supposedly some 17th generation of the strain. I can say it vegges WAY faster than my SR71 PK which I flowered my bonsai mom of about 10 days ago so I'll be posting it's progress soon be sure to watch. But yea man way faster so it may take the SR71 PK place. I also is better for my style where I like a strain to stretch 3x the size I flower it at and this looks like to be one so I'm happy with it and it smells lovely and seems to be turning purple from the inside out instead of from the tips down which is also pretty nice.

AbbieDoobie

One kickass thread you got here, Cozy. The CHD and Mazar babies are looking cute as hell. Pale ale? Man, you need to get some Guinness in that cab. :D

~Abbie :joint:

C

Cozy Amnesia

Guinness is too dark and sweet for me...

A little background info on the Mazar-I-Sharif strain: Dutch Grower recieved them from a returning British soldier who got them from the town of Mazar-I-Sharif in Afghanistan. They're high mountain, Indica Giant pure-breads, or as I like to call it "Bin Ladin weed"! It's known for producing the world's finest hash. Flower time: 6 - 8 weeks.

The Chem Haze Diesels' lineage is a little better documented - (Chemdog D x ’93 Sensi's (NL#5 x Haze)) x Sour Diesel IBL. Flower time is 70 - 75 days. I cannot wait to harvest them!

B

banjobrain

Very clean, inspiring post. I just got that same fan, was happy to see the picture of it :). Your cab looks great.

Certainly will be referring back to this thread as I start to construct a bit in the next week or two.

Thanks,
~Aes

I too, am in the construction phase (or will be within the next few weeks!)

Like Aes, I'll be referring to this thread for ideas as well!

Look forward to your progress!!!

C

Cozy Amnesia

Thanks banjobrain, good luck with your build.

Very nice cab Cozy! I like clean setups like that.

Hows the odor control on that thing? Is it a concern at all?

Soon it will, but the strain I just grew had absolutely no stench at all. The exhaust goes from the cab to the attic and then to the great outdoors, so if there isn't much of a smell then there really is no issue.

But the strain I will be growing is known around the world as the smelliest bud ever cultivated. One whiff is enough to kill a small dog! Haha, exagerated a little, but this will raise the need for a scrubber. I'm planning on making one like Surgarbear's micro carbon scrubber.

Here's some pics of what I just harvested and next generation:

babies001.jpg

babies002.jpg

babies003.jpg

babies004.jpg

C

Cozy Amnesia

The young'ns are loving the HPS, growth has exploded!

babies001-1.jpg

babies004-1.jpg

babies005.jpg

I've decided that the Jack Herer clone, "Jacque", will mother the next crop in line. She's growing so fast though...

babies006.jpg

Temps are right where I want them.

babies007.jpg

C

Cozy Amnesia

About 19 days of veg now...

vegging001.jpg

vegging005.jpg

They all look the same! All big fat leaves, all the same height...good thing I labeled which is which. Here's a shot of a CHD, good side growth without any training at all:

vegging003.jpg

Here's one of the Mazar-I-Sharifs, also good side growth if not better:

vegging004.jpg

I topped 3 of the Mazars and suppercropped three of the chem haze diesels, right after taking those pics. The suppercropping didn't seem to produce any added side growth and within 12 hours the tops where back up right. I don't know if I'll be trying that again. I kept two of the top buds I cut off of the mazars and, although there was only about a centimeter of stem to work with, I'm going to try and make them clones. It's just an experiment, even if they live I don't think I'll keep them. They're both in coco but one was given a rooting hormone and the other was not. Here's how they looked last night:

vegging006.jpg

Once the topped plants have had time to develop new growth, all twelve will go into 12/12, in about a week or two. Right now, they're all in a state of pergatory -- if they're female then they'll live, but if they're male they'll go down the garbage disposal. I'm hoping for the best but planing for the worst!

C

Cozy Amnesia

Thanks cheesbuds! I'm sure they'll look much better when in full bloom that, haha.

Max0r

Lookin sick Cozy.
Are you going to keep them in the beer cups or transplant before you flip the lights?

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
I'm going to have to try Micro Coco style down the road. How long do you think you could go without watering a 2L in 100% Coco? With my soil I can leave for 3-4 days without any worry.

C

Cozy Amnesia

I'm going to have to try Micro Coco style down the road. How long do you think you could go without watering a 2L in 100% Coco? With my soil I can leave for 3-4 days without any worry.

I've been using 6L containers up until now, and for those I could get away with watering every other day but I would usually just water every day. Three days would be pushing it probably.

With 2L pop bottles, I bet it'd be dried out after the second day.

That big "hedge" i grew last was in a big bucket I cut in half, here's what happens when it doesn't get properly watered for a week:

[URL="http://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=754642&ppuser=52137"]
[/URL]

I tried a ghetto wick system over the holiday break.....it didn't work. Don't worry, the plant recovered.

C

Cozy Amnesia

Yeah, although it was pretty sorry looking it was only one or two weeks into flower. In the end it turned out to yield 1.3 ounces.

bud03.jpg

bud022.jpg

C

Cozy Amnesia

update

update

I got a bunch of CFLs and I built a new reflector for them and the 150w HPS. If anybody is interested in how I built it, fallow this link: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=2195070#post2195070.

reflector012.jpg

reflector013.jpg

That's four 6000k 23w CFLs and two 2700k 23w CFLs. I decided to go with that instead of getting another 150w HPS is because I wanted to increase the color spectrom. I think I did a really good job with the reflector and the canopy is covered much better now.

The Chem Haze Diesels have been acting very sativa, all of them have stretched a lot and they're all single colas. I think most of that is caused by growing conditions -- poor light and no training. But under the same conditions the Mazar-I-Sharifs have stretched much less and they all have a lot more side growth, with the exception of one sativa pheno.

Here's a pic of the CHDs:

reflector016.jpg

And here is a shot of the MIS:

reflector014.jpg

Shwing!