What's new

Cozy's Cab of the Future!!

C

Cozy Amnesia

After proving to the world that it was, in fact, possible to grow with an HPS in a rubbermaid chamber, I set out to reinvent a more traditional setup - the "NGB" cab (though if you guys want to start calling it the CA cab, thats fine with me :D ).

Antics aside, here are some specs:

-Flower chamber:
--- 24" deep x 36" wide x 48" tall (6 sq ft)
--- 150w HPS
--- 92w CFL
--- HID/CFL Combination Reflector
-Veg/mother chamber:
---- 24" deep x 13" wide x 29" tall (a hair over 2 sq ft)
---- 4 x 23w CFL
-Utillities
--- 24" deep x 13" wide x 20" tall
--- S&P TD-125 "Mixvent" fan, choose between 197cfm or 149cfm
--- battery backup

**UPDATED PIC**
cab.jpg

Last edited:
C

Cozy Amnesia

Ok, lets get started!

I first build the frame out of 2x4s, starting with the front and back and then connecting them in the middle:

grow_cab004.jpg

grow_cab005.jpg

Now I begin installing the guts:

grow_cab008.jpg

But how, Cozy, is the cab so futuristic? Why is it going to change the entire cannabis cultivator community as we know it? This is why - the interior wall between the veg and flower chambers.

grow_cab010.jpg

grow_cab011.jpg

grow_cab012.jpg

You see, air from the veg chamber flows into the wall at the top duct and down the the bottom duct where it enters the flower chamber, effectively "trapping" the light. There is an identical one on the other side of the veg chamber where ambient room air enters.

I name it...the-interior-wall-light-trap-air-duct-design, or TIWLTADD for short, lol.
:laughing:

Last edited:
C

Cozy Amnesia

grow_cab014.jpg

With all the woodworking complete, it's time to begin prepping:

grow_cab019.jpg

Here's the fan pulling through everything. It's a S&P TD-125 Mixvent, 197/149 cfm. I love it. I got it from HVACquick.com fom $100 shipped.

grow_cab023.jpg

Here's a shot of the utilities chamber getting put together. In it is the ballast, a battery backup, and the fan which is suspended by many rubberbands.

grow_cab033-1.jpg

Flower chamber:

grow_cab032-1.jpg

Veg chamber (oops, pic doesn't show the lights or anything, oh well):

grow_cab016.jpg

Almost complete:

grow_cab031.jpg

Last edited:
C

Cozy Amnesia

The only thing left to do is to fill her up with weed!

grow_cab039.jpg

grow_cab041.jpg

Here's the light: (for now it's a 150w HPS but will either get another one or get a 400w)

grow_cab042.jpg

BTW, the girl in the flower chamber is a reveged Master Kush and has 10 days left. This is a Jack Harar clone I was gifted a couple days ago, I think it's just beginning to root:

grow_cab045.jpg

The duct goes into a bigger one already installed in my apartement (don't ask, it's a mystery :joint:) which hopefully leads to the attick and not the girl-below-me's apartment (joking of course).

grow_cab046.jpg

A shot with the doors closed:

grow_cab048.jpg

Growing great ganja is the goal of this grow, yet security preceds everything else.

grow_cab037-1.jpg

When my landloard wanted to give a tour of my aparment to future tantent the other day, this is what I did:

grow_cab036-1.jpg

You can't see, can you? :muahaha:

Well I hope everybody enjoyed the pictorial. Please post any comments, advice, or questions!

Last edited:

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Damn, I really like your ventilation solution. I wish we could design it into our cab at this point, but we're too far along. This rocks though, thanks for sharing!

G

Very clean, inspiring post. I just got that same fan, was happy to see the picture of it :). Your cab looks great.

Certainly will be referring back to this thread as I start to construct a bit in the next week or two.

Thanks,
~Aes

12and12

Great setup mate is that one of those kryptonite locks i bet superman couldnt break that one!!!

good stuff man!!!

C

Cozy Amnesia

Thanks guys!

I'd have more plants in the veg chamber but my reservoir seeds from SB never came...

Last edited:

White

Nice one Cozy,

Looks real good, love the ventilation setup.

btw, what were those two different beers in your pics?

Good luck with the new cab.

Peace,
White

C

Cozy Amnesia

nuitari, thanks man!

Quazi, glad you think so too. The rubbermaids where too restrictive...

Freezerboy, haha yeah "go chiefs" :wallbash::petting:

White, thanks man. One of those is a Long Hammer IPA, the other is a Boulevard Wheat.

InPotiTrust & TheShroomDude, I'm glad you guys like the light trap. Actually, I believe it was the almighty Pipedream who gave me the idea. Here's a link to the post: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=2014572&postcount=4142. Pretty simple, eh?

j.guit.err

Looks good man, very clean. One thing though... I couldn't tell from your pics, but you've drilled out all exposed screws right? I forgot about that at first on my box, but then realized how pointless it is to have a locked cab when someone can unscrew the hinges or latch. Judging from your thoroughness I assume you've done this, but I just wanted to be sure.

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Looks good man, very clean. One thing though... I couldn't tell from your pics, but you've drilled out all exposed screws right? I forgot about that at first on my box, but then realized how pointless it is to have a locked cab when someone can unscrew the hinges or latch. Judging from your thoroughness I assume you've done this, but I just wanted to be sure.

Great suggestion! I can't do this on mine because I need to be able to easily take it apart if necessary.