What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coyotes killed my cat

igrowone

Veteran
Getting rid of them, even in cities, has proven to be difficult at best.

There is research to suggest that removal efforts result in bigger litters which surprised even the experts.
that is what i read, coyotes have larger litters if the population of coyotes is low in the neighborhood
reintroducing the wolf could be a solution
i suspect that wouldn't be popular

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
that is what i read, coyotes have larger litters if the population of coyotes is low in the neighborhood
reintroducing the wolf could be a solution
i suspect that wouldn't be popular
We'd get bigger Coyotes! lol

Every time we try to mess with mother nature to "fix something" she rears up and gives us both barrels.

1. Rabbits in Australia
2. Purple Loosestrife decimating wetlands
3. Moose in Newfoundland
4. Mongoose in the Caribbean and Hawaii
5. Harlequin ladybird/Ladybug
6. African honey bee (killers)

And lots more.

Klompen

There's a lot of them that lurk around our neighborhood, but they always stay about a quarter mile from the fence lines. Someone around here must shoot them, because they've never dared come into the development. I worry about the dozen+ feral cats out here, but most of them know to stay close to the houses. Its my indoor cats I worry the most about because one in particular seems hell-bent on escape sometimes. He would be so clueless out there and probably get eaten in an hour or two.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Kudzu, artificial mosquitos, three gorges dam...

I have an aciptor or some kind decimating my migratory bug eating bird colony. i have seen it, and it may be nesting in one of my oak trees. Sneaky bastard.

Mowing over piles of feathers from another dead Purple Martin, decimated barn swallow nests on my porch, Tree Swallow feather piles... is getting old. If I shoot it, which would require a lot of time and patience, who knows what would happen, besides the illegality? I might get a rat infestation or something. Better leave Mother Nature alone on this one.

Ma Nature is one cruel mean old bitch, when she wants to be.