What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coyotes killed my cat

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Sorry about the cat. I would be setting up a camera, looking for a dog. To kill and not eat is odd in my mind.

All them guns and pests. While here we have no guns but have killed everything.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have decent hearing and I never hear coyotes !

There are very few water sources in the forest behind my house. And there's a creek in front, and a steep ridge so that for a lot of animals they have to use the creek where I am, or walk an extra mile.

Wild turkeys use the strip of land to my north like a freeway.

But I never hear coyotes. That makes Zero sense to me.

My wife and I live next to a nature trail by a river on the edge of a suburban neighborhood. We see rabbits, ducks, squirrels, and other small animals every time we walk on the trail. Coyotes have lots to eat here other than cats. We hear them howling and yipping out on the trail most nights after the sun goes down if the windows are open. We've only seen them in person a few times, since we don't go on walks at night that often.

'Boogieman'

My German Shepherd scares the coyotes right off around my house. I'm not sure how a German Shepherd does with cats though but maybe a big dog would help keep the coyotes at bay. I have a huge coyote population where I live. I often find bones scattered in the woods when visiting my plants.

h.h.

Veteran
Looking for an LGD.

My dogs don’t really bother my cats or any of my other animals.. You just have to stay on them. A long leash helps with training.

They don’t have to be mean. A loud bark and a big head will scare away man and beast.

h.h.

Veteran
Joshua Tree. The coyotes would run in front of the vehicles forcing them to stop. When they stopped the coyote would come up for a handout.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
When my buddy hears them he lets his dog loose. It came back with one once. 170 pound Boerboel/St Bernard mix killing machine.

But I'm glad he never messed with this bad boy
Coyote wolf hybrid shot a couple years ago by a local farmer.
picture.php

I was surrounded by a pack a couple years ago while harvesting at night. Scary shit. I dropped everything and made it back to the truck in pitch dark. Went back the next morning to carry on where I left off. They're bold here.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
On the boards here a guy was saying he had a big nasty pit bull. The coyotes played the game where 1 coyote leads the dog into the pack so the pack snacks on the dog. Anyway the coyote played that game and it ended very badly for the pack. Coyotes no more.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
On the boards here a guy was saying he had a big nasty pit bull. The coyotes played the game where 1 coyote leads the dog into the pack so the pack snacks on the dog. Anyway the coyote played that game and it ended very badly for the pack. Coyotes no more.

Some of those big pit bulls are massive.

2cebc88b08c608a1890fe9826991d13e.jpg

PCBuds

There's a guy in my town that hunts cats as a hobby.

I let my cat out every day.

She's 5 years old now and has managed to stay out of trouble and stay off the road.

I'm going to install a doorbell for her so she can ring me when she wants in.

I sometimes forget whether she's in or out.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
When my buddy hears them he lets his dog loose. It came back with one once. 170 pound Boerboel/St Bernard mix killing machine.

But I'm glad he never messed with this bad boy
Coyote wolf hybrid shot a couple years ago by a local farmer.
View Image

I was surrounded by a pack a couple years ago while harvesting at night. Scary shit. I dropped everything and made it back to the truck in pitch dark. Went back the next morning to carry on where I left off. They're bold here.

I had a wolfdawg back when, so that is a sad picture to me. Coy-wolves are spreading in Canada. I may have shot a red wolf once thinking it was a 'yote, and have regretted it since. It did roll, get up, run away, then when out of range it looked back at me with a look that I knew meant he took a bunch of karma off my account.

PCBuds

Cats have gotten a bad rap.

My cat's awesome.

And I even dig the fact that she will eat me if I die and she runs out of food and water.

Green Squall

There's a guy in my town that hunts cats as a hobby.
View Image

Catch him in the act. Doxx him. Publicly shame him. Fuck him up. Anything. Hell, its very rare I condone contacting the authorities, but this seems like one of those times. No one should get away with hurting animals, especially pets.

PCBuds

I remember talking to my neighbor who had 9 cats.
She said a cat can see right into your soul.

I said yeah, but they give that information to the devil !! Lol