What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Covid 19 mrna Vaccines...Yes/No?

Covid 19 mrna Vaccines...Yes/No?

• yes, gimme

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • not yet

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • no way

Votes: 47 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The UK (where I am) has bought everyone a shot.

I would like to put mine on eBay

Veggia farmer

Zeez: Sometimes when the ego has a problem or feel threatend like in : what is reality? IS THIS REALLY TRUE?!

People can use a tactic sub-conciouslly called gaslightning towards other people out of bad faith.

Much LOVE

Chi13

ICMag Donor
how about telling us whats wrong and why?

its always the same lame cancel culture attacks. attack the messenger when you dislike the message. again and again and again and again. never actually taking the content appart with documented facts.

btw no trolling here. trolling removed.
We live in times where nearly everything is politicised unfortunately, including science it seems.

Whether you like it or not, the messenger is crucial. If you keep presenting articles from biased websites then you will keep getting canned for it.

You are getting your information from a site that is anti-vax and asking us all to prove you're wrong.

And how lame is it to start a poll about the vaccine with the opening post being an anti-vax article. A poll, almost by definition, should be unbiased. As someone who used to design and run polls, I find this appalling. Almost the definition of trolling.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
And how lame is it to start a poll about the vaccine with the opening post being an anti-vax article. A poll, almost by definition, should be unbiased. As someone who used to design and run polls, I find this appalling. Almost the definition of trolling.

you can get any response to a poll/question that you want by wording it correctly, or alternately, "poisoning the well". we have had several folks on here put up polls with only one (seemingly) intelligent answer. much like the juvenile way of wording a question like "how old were you when you stopped sucking dick for a hobby? don't bother denying it, how old were you?":bigeye: i am out of rep for you, i'll be back!

mowood3479

Veteran
We live in times where nearly everything is politicised unfortunately, including science it seems.

Whether you like it or not, the messenger is crucial. If you keep presenting articles from biased websites then you will keep getting canned for it.

You are getting your information from a site that is anti-vax and asking us all to prove you're wrong.

This guy is Big derp

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran

This is all possibly true, however I believe this was directed at me. I'm fairly certain that I attacked neither the poster, nor the author of the article. Another member did, fairly explicitly and perhaps Gaius has mixed me up with her/him. If it is shown otherwise, then I humbly apologize for this assertion.

I do admit to some confusion as to who the 'messenger' is in this case.

I usually maintain that this type of information is best derived from methodically laid out scientific studies or reviews devoid of words indicating bias and hyperbole; preferably peer condoned. I also understand that these are not always reliable and that good information may be ascertained from anecdotal events/studies as well as some video media.

h.h.

Veteran
Popularity polls are the new scientific studies.

Seriously.
"it's got a good beat and I can dance to it"

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I suggest finding a Doctor who is smart enough & patient enough to explain how the Potassium Chloride works in the Vaccine. ~ St. Phatty

I guess you didn't take organic chemistry.

Potassium Chloride: Potassium is a mineral that is needed for several functions of your body, especially the beating of your heart. Potassium chloride is used to prevent or to treat low blood levels of potassium (hypokalemia).

It's a minute amount, along with the other organic substances in the vaccine.

h.h.

Veteran
I suggest finding a Doctor who is smart enough & patient enough to explain how the Potassium Chloride works in the Vaccine. ~ St. Phatty

I guess you didn't take organic chemistry.

Potassium Chloride: Potassium is a mineral that is needed for several functions of your body, especially the beating of your heart. Potassium chloride is used to prevent or to treat low blood levels of potassium (hypokalemia).

It's a minute amount, along with the other organic substances in the vaccine.

Was that the class with all the nursing students?

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Here is a thread dedicated to the premise that by voting our opinion we decide whether the science is any good?

No, I totally believe you are sincere in your belief that science is magic that only works if you believe.

Well, that only works if the science is taken out of context or plain misunderstood due to lack of a coherent education.

Since this is an opinion poll it is my opinion that it is a silly waste of time if answers are faith based.
What are we learning? That people hold to their opinions? The widening gap between the educated and the ignorant has colored all aspects of society, national policy is decided by petty hatreds and bigotry. Separating citizens into three or more castes.

The whites are moving the browns into the second class status held by blacks, who are being moved to third class citizens.

The very fact that I can sit here and post about skin color and government policies speaks quite eloquently on its own.

G

From NEJM via MedScape;

----------------------------------------- snip-----------------------------------

>>""The recently authorized COVID-19 vaccine developed by Moderna and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) was 94.1% effective in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, according to phase 3 trial results published December 30 in The New England Journal of Medicine.

No cases of severe COVID-19 occurred among participants who received the vaccine, known as mRNA-1273, and there were no safety concerns.

The US Food and Drug Administration on December 18 issued an emergency use authorization for the vaccine, a lipid-nanoparticle-encapsulated mRNA vaccine expressing the prefusion-stabilized spike glycoprotein.

The trial began in July and enrolled 30,420 adults in the United States. Volunteers were randomly assigned in a 1:1 ratio to receive either two doses of the vaccine or two shots of saline placebo 28 days apart. The average age of the participants was 51 years.

In all, 196 cases of symptomatic COVID-19 occurred at least 14 days after participants received their second shot — 185 cases in the placebo group, and 11 in the vaccine group.

In a secondary analysis that included cases that occurred at least 14 days after the first shot, vaccine efficacy was 95.2%, study author Lindsey R. Baden, MD, of Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, and colleagues report.

About half of the participants who received mRNA-1273 experienced moderate to severe side effects, such as fatigue, muscle aches, joint pain, and headache, after the second dose. Most adverse events resolved within 20 days.""<<<

-------------------------------------- snip-----------------------------------------

Lots of apparent fan-fare early on. I'm not a virologist, medical researcher (at least not formally) or a scientist, but as an average Western European descent Caucasian, who's grown accustomed to comforts over the last bunch of decades, I tend to have a 'wait and see' approach on most things new to me. Especially when they're coming out of a syringe held by someone I met about 30 seconds ago.

I'm thankful for modern medicine, but it is clear that it has become more and more, a money focused, not patient focused profession, as often as not, and there's more than a little bit of evidence that the FDA et al were coopted, to some degree, eons ago.

My PDR tells me they're quite content with approving drugs of all sorts, including those with laughably OUTRAGEOUS side-effects, as long as it's not THEM. (*Tell the truth; you've chuckled at those midnight pharmaceutical commercials that are trying to resolve some minor, more or less typical human dilemma, and then they get to the warnings part of the ad, and at lightning speed, they read off at least 4, if not 10 completely miserable, sometimes lethal, side-effects that they want you to pay extremely good money, or your insurance provider to pay extremely good money, so they can help you with your hiccups, or burping, or flatulency, or ????

At which point one ought to wonder, "Just when did we become this nuts??!"

I mean, I like many drugs as much as the next guy, but it seems the wrong folks, with the wrong motives, and the wrong ethics, are choosing what we take into our bodies, and thus, I tend to initially distrust Big Pharma.

Historically speaking, they have not always been truly worried about our well-being.

Latest posts

Latest posts