• not yet

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • no way

Votes: 47 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Just reading the comments shows me what caliber propaganda you linked.

I noticed a really long rant about Jews just a few posts down.

They're apparently breeding with white women... it's quite the ruckus.

Good luck getting your "information" from a group of narrow-minded hate slingers.

"you may not vote on any posts" but when i can, i'll be back to +rep THIS one...:dance013:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I received the Moderna Vaccine, could feel the spot of the injection for a cpl days, not anything as much as the tetnus booster but I was aware it was there for a cpl days. Receive the second vaccine shot on the 10th of march , wife is a bit younger and still waiting for her opportunity .

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I received the Moderna Vaccine, could feel the spot of the injection for a cpl days, not anything as much as the tetnus booster but I was aware it was there for a cpl days. Receive the second vaccine shot on the 10th of march , wife is a bit younger and still waiting for her opportunity .

glad to hear it went so smoothly without any real side effects. i got asked recently if i was interested to be put on the list, i told them i would wait, lol. can't help it, im more scared of the vaccine side effects then of getting covid. in fact im 99% sure i had it, lost my smell and had a few days of flue symptoms. smell took months to come back. maybe i even had it twice, back in feb 2020 i got a really heavy lung infection, i lost my hearing and was sick as a pig for about 3 full weeks. didnt get my hearing back fully for months, that might have been my first introduction to covid, then a few months back i had a really mild case where you'd normally just go to work anyway.

but im really happy if most endangered people get the vaccine, so things can go back to normal and if i see no weird data in about 1 year, i will reconsider. although i think there will be new vaccines produced soon based on the new mutations.

imiubu

I will still take a hard pass on that jab.

I take good care of my body and am in good health.
IMO; by allowing my body's natural immunity to work as intended, will be the most beneficial/ desirable outcome for me personally. :tiphat:

FWIW I figured to elaborate a bit; I am not an "anti vaxer".

Last I was jabbed was to receive a 3 part Hep B series.
In my teens I may have come into contact w/ someone w/ hep and had been jabbed then.
Seemed only proper to follow up in later years.
Recently tested negative for Hep C.

Had the 'new' Pertussis vax several years ago as there is/ was suspected upsurge and I was in the
age group that may be more likely effected.

Had a 10 yr. Tetanus vax and man oh man is that painful. 3 days afterwards, my left arm was still useless.

I even have a nifty little card that says: "Shot Records" across the top.

Only once had a flu vax, maybe 15yrs. ago? I was so ill afterwards, that I couldn't get out of bed for 5 days.
Then, I felt shitty for about 2wks. Had not been that violently ill for decades. I had not had the flu prior to nor since either.
I bought into that I'd be 'protected' hype, sigh. Yeah, never again would I intentionally do that.

Even though Shingles is horrendous (I watched my neighbor lady suffer with it for months), I'll take a pass on that jab too.

These Covid-19 vax's IMO have been rushed and I would just rather rely on my very awesome immune system instead.

I have no issues if others choose to get poked.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
FWIW I figured to elaborate a bit; I am not an "anti vaxer".

Last I was jabbed was to receive a 3 part Hep B series.
In my teens I may have come into contact w/ someone w/ hep and had been jabbed then.
Seemed only proper to follow up in later years.
Recently tested negative for Hep C.

Had the 'new' Pertussis vax several years ago as there is/ was suspected upsurge and I was in the
age group that may be more likely effected.

Had a 10 yr. Tetanus vax and man oh man is that painful. 3 days afterwards, my left arm was still useless.

I even have a nifty little card that says: "Shot Records" across the top.

Only once had a flu vax, maybe 15yrs. ago? I was so ill afterwards, that I couldn't get out of bed for 5 days.
Then, I felt shitty for about 2wks. Had not been that violently ill for decades. I had not had the flu prior to nor since either.
I bought into that I'd be 'protected' hype, sigh. Yeah, never again would I intentionally do that.

Even though Shingles is horrendous (I watched my neighbor lady suffer with it for months), I'll take a pass on that jab too.

These Covid-19 vax's IMO have been rushed and I would just rather rely on my very awesome immune system instead.

I have no issues if others choose to get poked.
If you had chickenpox as a kid, the gene is dormant in your body. Why some people will develop shingles later on in life is beyond scientist understanding, has nothing to do with a jab.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you had chickenpox as a kid, the gene is dormant in your body. Why some people will develop shingles later on in life is beyond scientist understanding, has nothing to do with a jab.

I believe he meant despite how awful shingles are, he is passing on the vaccination for it.

I had the vaccination and had zero side effects and thus far zero shingles.

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Got my jab today.

It made my sticker peck out it did.....buahahaha

Maybe it was to cute nurse ... don't know fo sure.

minds_I

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Hello all,

Got my jab today.

It made my sticker peck out it did.....buahahaha

Maybe it was to cute nurse ... don't know fo sure.

minds_I

Good luck. You have some interesting quotes, considering.

"Patriotism is more closely linked to dissent than it is to conformity and a blind desire for safety and security.

"Teach the children quietly for one day sons and daughters will rise up and fight where we stood still"

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. T, Jefferson"

redlaser

Veteran
Walgreens in the U.S. has their covid appointment finder/ eligibility/ update section on their website working. ( believe today is the first day) Read an article in Forbes that Walgreens is expected to get 488 million doses tomorrow, 2/25/2021.

Gry

Veteran
FDA and FTC Urged to Bring Enforcement Proceedings Against Joseph Mer cola for False COVID-19 Health Claims

Online salesman Joseph Mer cola falsely claims that at least 22 vitamins, supplements, and other products available for sale on his web site can prevent, treat, or cure COVID-19 infection, according to letters submitted today to the Food and Drug Administration and the Federal Trade Commission by the Center for Science in the Public Interest and two nonprofit legal groups. CSPI, Justice Catalyst Law, and the People’s Parity Project are asking the agencies to bring enforcement proceedings against Mer cola, an osteopathic physician who offers “medical” advice and sells supplements and other products on the highly trafficked Mer cola.com web site.
CSPI policy director Laura MacCleery will cite Mer cola’s marketing practices when she testifies this afternoon before a subcommittee of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation on the topic of protecting Americans from COVID-19 scams.
Mer cola.com, which describes itself as the world’s “#1 most visited natural health website” and viewed by “millions of people daily,” features a “Coronavirus Resource Guide” which claims that vitamin C, vitamin D, zinc, zinc ionophores, selenium, and other supplements and devices he sells can prevent, treat or cure COVID-19. On his podcast, Mer cola and a guest claimed that “when we have even a small amount of vitamin C, our risk of dying [from COVID-19], even in the most severe cases, goes down.” Mer cola lists vitamin D as “#4” on a list of tips to “combat coronavirus,” and suggests consumers use a test kit to determine their supplemental dosage. Mer cola sells both the test kits and the pills. There is no adequate evidence for any of these claims.
Even worse, Mer cola advised consumers on a March 29 episode of his podcast and in an accompanying article on his site that intentionally contracting the virus after consuming purportedly immunity-boosting supplements would confer greater protection against COVID-19 than a vaccine would, saying: “So, scary as it may sound, the best thing is to get the infection, and have a strong immune system to defend against it so you won’t even display any symptoms.”

https://www.cspinet.org/news/fda-an...-against-joseph-*******-false-covid-19-health

buzzmobile

Veteran
Speaking of vaccinations, my wife and I received our second Moderna shot yesterday. All went well and I have a sore arm this morning.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Speaking of vaccinations, my wife and I received our second Moderna shot yesterday. All went well and I have a sore arm this morning.

congrats. from what im reading the pfizer and biontec vaccine are showing better and better results. they now say even after 1 dose you are largely protected and no longer able to catch it.