Votes: 15 16.5%
  • no way

Votes: 47 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
FDA and FTC Urged to Bring Enforcement Proceedings Against Joseph Mer cola for False COVID-19 Health Claims

Online salesman Joseph Mer cola falsely claims that at least 22 vitamins, supplements, and other products available for sale on his web site can prevent, treat, or cure COVID-19 infection, according to letters submitted today to the Food and Drug Administration and the Federal Trade Commission by the Center for Science in the Public Interest and two nonprofit legal groups. CSPI, Justice Catalyst Law, and the People’s Parity Project are asking the agencies to bring enforcement proceedings against Mer cola, an osteopathic physician who offers “medical” advice and sells supplements and other products on the highly trafficked Mer cola.com web site.
CSPI policy director Laura MacCleery will cite Mer cola’s marketing practices when she testifies this afternoon before a subcommittee of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation on the topic of protecting Americans from COVID-19 scams.
Mer cola.com, which describes itself as the world’s “#1 most visited natural health website” and viewed by “millions of people daily,” features a “Coronavirus Resource Guide” which claims that vitamin C, vitamin D, zinc, zinc ionophores, selenium, and other supplements and devices he sells can prevent, treat or cure COVID-19. On his podcast, Mer cola and a guest claimed that “when we have even a small amount of vitamin C, our risk of dying [from COVID-19], even in the most severe cases, goes down.” Mer cola lists vitamin D as “#4” on a list of tips to “combat coronavirus,” and suggests consumers use a test kit to determine their supplemental dosage. Mer cola sells both the test kits and the pills. There is no adequate evidence for any of these claims.
Even worse, Mer cola advised consumers on a March 29 episode of his podcast and in an accompanying article on his site that intentionally contracting the virus after consuming purportedly immunity-boosting supplements would confer greater protection against COVID-19 than a vaccine would, saying: “So, scary as it may sound, the best thing is to get the infection, and have a strong immune system to defend against it so you won’t even display any symptoms.”

https://www.cspinet.org/news/fda-an...-against-joseph-*******-false-covid-19-health

are they then saying that vit c, vit D, zinc etc has no positive effect? plain logic dictates that those supplements help, they are known to strengthen your immune system. already at the beginning of this crisis they found out that the worst cases and the ones dieing nearly all had low vit d levels. i been taking vit d oil drops for a while now, my pharmacy sells it like hot cake at the moment.

imiubu

Years ago I researched Vit. D (which is actually a hormone our body produces only from exposure to sunlight) and discovered that it is essential to all bodily functions. Folks who live above the 36th. Lat.
often do not get enough sun in winter months and suffer
"SAD" (Seasonal Affective Disorder).

As a result of blood tests showing my D levels to be critically low, my doc initially prescribed Vit. D.
I had to prove the efficacy of taking the supplement though, through subsequent lab tests.
Neither of my doctors back then had a clue about Vit. D Therapy either smh. Once my D levels were in 'normal' range, they no longer would continue prescribing, hu? I even explained that w/ out supplements or sunlight... levels would plummet again (and did), sigh.
I now purchase OTC. Beware also... not all supp's are equal in quality. I source no soy/ canola oil supplements.
I've not suffered the winter blues in the 10yrs. since.

If scientists know that Vit. D supplementation will alleviate seasonal depression, then why do doctors phooey the research?
This leads me to think that there are those who understand the benefits yet will poo poo it to keep the medical industry churning out sick folks for profit.

Do your own research folks. The information is out there if ya dig around, no matter what the subject
of interest is.

Please have blood work done prior to taking supplements. Get a baseline to begin.

A Vit. D test needs to be specifically requested (go figure).
My insurance just recently quit paying for the Vit. D labs. Hmmm :thinking:

Vit. D may be toxic in higher levels.

My daily supplements are:
5k Vit. D (winter only)
400 IU Vit E
1 Multi Vit/ mineral

.25 t. powdered Mag., Potassium, egg shells (I grind to a flour).
.5 t powdered Citric Acid (2x's daily).
.25 t Morton's Lite Salt.
^^ Electrolyte supplementation. (on days I sweat excessively, I take the electrolytes in the eve. too).
1 T Psyllium husks cuz, well... a little extra fiber don't hurt :)
I whip this up in a glass of water each morning.
+ 1 T Hemp Seed Oil

I also live a low carb lifestyle, rich in healthy oils/ clean fats (brain food!) and protein.
P.S. my cholesterol and triglycerides levels were phenomenal last labs.
More oils and eggs do not equate to higher levels.
That is an outright lie (designed to feed the machine of illness).

These are my personal life choices to heal and hopefully remain healthy, YMMV.
I am healthier now, in my 60's than in my 20's for certain.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Years ago I researched Vit. D (which is actually a hormone our body produces only from exposure to sunlight) and discovered that it is essential to all bodily functions. Folks who live above the 36th. Lat.
often do not get enough sun in winter months and suffer
"SAD" (Seasonal Affective Disorder).

As a result of blood tests showing my D levels to be critically low, my doc initially prescribed Vit. D.
I had to prove the efficacy of taking the supplement though, through subsequent lab tests.
Neither of my doctors back then had a clue about Vit. D Therapy either smh. Once my D levels were in 'normal' range, they no longer would continue prescribing, hu? I even explained that w/ out supplements or sunlight... levels would plummet again (and did), sigh.
I now purchase OTC. Beware also... not all supp's are equal in quality. I source no soy/ canola oil supplements.
I've not suffered the winter blues in the 10yrs. since.

If scientists know that Vit. D supplementation will alleviate seasonal depression, then why do doctors phooey the research?
This leads me to think that there are those who understand the benefits yet will poo poo it to keep the medical industry churning out sick folks for profit.

Do your own research folks. The information is out there if ya dig around, no matter what the subject
of interest is.

Please have blood work done prior to taking supplements. Get a baseline to begin.

A Vit. D test needs to be specifically requested (go figure).
My insurance just recently quit paying for the Vit. D labs. Hmmm :thinking:

Vit. D may be toxic in higher levels.

My daily supplements are:
5k Vit. D (winter only)
400 IU Vit E
1 Multi Vit/ mineral

.25 t. powdered Mag., Potassium, egg shells (I grind to a flour).
.5 t powdered Citric Acid (2x's daily).
.25 t Morton's Lite Salt.
^^ Electrolyte supplementation. (on days I sweat excessively, I take the electrolytes in the eve. too).
1 T Psyllium husks cuz, well... a little extra fiber don't hurt :)
I whip this up in a glass of water each morning.
+ 1 T Hemp Seed Oil

I also live a low carb lifestyle, rich in healthy oils/ clean fats (brain food!) and protein.
P.S. my cholesterol and triglycerides levels were phenomenal last labs.
More oils and eggs do not equate to higher levels.
That is an outright lie (designed to feed the machine of illness).

These are my personal life choices to heal and hopefully remain healthy, YMMV.
I am healthier now, in my 60's than in my 20's for certain.

You should add in hyaluronic acid. It is the stuff that binds all cells, skin, bone, muscle. Research to find the pure cheap stuff.

I eat tons of eggs and pure fat and my cholesterol levels have been great throughout my life. I also use coffee medicinally. It is good for the colon, brain and joints. 1 small pot STRONG old fashion espresso each morning gets my joints working. Dandelion root tea with Ceylon cinnamon to help prevent cancer and Alzheimer's and candida overgrowth.

imiubu

Excellent, thanks for the info. I will dig in for sure :)

I too began using coffee (dark roast espresso grind) for medicinal reasons. Yep, now just one small pot
(2 - 8oz cups) in the a.m. I also use the coffee to deliver my first serving of oil/ fat to get my brain jump started. I have so much energy doing this as opposed to when I used milk/ sugar and ended up with the afternoon slumps.

Oropharyngeal Candidiasis (thrush) was among several things my dad was treated for while recently in rehab. He was displaying symptoms of delirium/ confusion during this time period also. :thinking:

You should add in hyaluronic acid. It is the stuff that binds all cells, skin, bone, muscle. Research to find the pure cheap stuff.

I eat tons of eggs and pure fat and my cholesterol levels have been great throughout my life. I also use coffee medicinally. It is good for the colon, brain and joints. 1 small pot STRONG old fashion espresso each morning gets my joints working. Dandelion root tea with Ceylon cinnamon to help prevent cancer and Alzheimer's and candida overgrowth.

Last edited:

Doctor M

It's not really a vaccine it's a treatment which is why you need 2 shots and boosters, still have wear a mask and social distance.

Then again if you bothered to read the 4 reasearch papers done on Covid 19 you'd know they have been unable to isolate and purify the covid19 samples, in any lab in the world.

All 4 reasearch papers only describe small bits of RNA which were only 37 - 40 base pairs long. Which is not a virus. Viral genome are typically 30,000 - 40,000 base pairs long.

How come no one in lab in the world has isolated and purified covid19 in it's entirety? They never found the virus, only small bits of RNA which were never identified as the virus.

It just another flu strain.

mRNA vaccines have been under development for decades with no success.....until covid19 or so they claim.

I could virtue signal about not wanting to kill old folks but I decided to read the science and skip the Fauci soundbytes.

Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's not really a vaccine it's a treatment which is why you need 2 shots and boosters, still have wear a mask and social distance.

Then again if you bothered to read the 4 reasearch papers done on Covid 19 you'd know they have been unable to isolate and purify the covid19 samples, in any lab in the world.

All 4 reasearch papers only describe small bits of RNA which were only 37 - 40 base pairs long. Which is not a virus. Viral genome are typically 30,000 - 40,000 base pairs long.

How come no one in lab in the world has isolated and purified covid19 in it's entirety? They never found the virus, only small bits of RNA which were never identified as the virus.

It just another flu strain.

mRNA vaccines have been under development for decades with no success.....until covid19 or so they claim.

I could virtue signal about not wanting to kill old folks but I decided to read the science and skip the Fauci soundbytes.

not sure if this says otherwise

https://mra.asm.org/content/9/11/e00169-20

There were 5,246,584 paired-end sequences in the raw data. A total of 9,891,431 records were included in the reference-based alignment after trimming, and 9,887,093 (99.96%) of them were mapped to the SARS-CoV-2 reference genome.

https://www.snapgene.com/resources/coronavirus-resources/?resource=SARS-CoV-2_(COVID-19)_Genome

https://bigd.big.ac.cn/ncov/release_genome?lang=en

Doctor M

not sure if this says otherwise

https://mra.asm.org/content/9/11/e00169-20

There were 5,246,584 paired-end sequences in the raw data. A total of 9,891,431 records were included in the reference-based alignment after trimming, and 9,887,093 (99.96%) of them were mapped to the SARS-CoV-2 reference genome.

https://www.snapgene.com/resources/coronavirus-resources/?resource=SARS-CoV-2_(COVID-19)_Genome

https://bigd.big.ac.cn/ncov/release_genome?lang=en

Let's see if I have this right. A student from Napal contracted Covid19 in Wuhan. Traveled back to Napal, felt sick and was tested. They used a PCR test which accoring to the inventor of the test, was not designed to detect virus. Plus I can't find the cycle threshold used and that's sort of real important.

The sample was sent to a WHO lab where Chinese scientist sequenced the genome.

Hmmm should I trust the WHO after they were caught lying? Are the Chinese scientist under the control of the CCP which has also lied about Covid?

The other 2 papers containing the supposed genome. Is there sources for the genome they documented or are they copies of what came out of China?

Is China vaccinating? Are you aware life in China has been back to normal since last June? Meaning people packed in like sardines, attending crowded concerts and festivals in a city of 8.4 million.

ADD EDIT
Thanks Microbeman, I decided to bring this because you are one of the people I know who will take the time to present an intelligent response.

Unclefishsticks: Fishing for extra cool points?

buzzmobile

Veteran
Approximately 24 hours after receiving the second dose of Moderna vaccine I developed a low grade fever. I went to bed and took a couple of Tylenol. By 7P the fever was gone and I feel good this morning.

So it goes.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let's see if I have this right. A student from Napal contracted Covid19 in Wuhan. Traveled back to Napal, felt sick and was tested. They used a PCR test which accoring to the inventor of the test, was not designed to detect virus. Plus I can't find the cycle threshold used and that's sort of real important.

The sample was sent to a WHO lab where Chinese scientist sequenced the genome.

Hmmm should I trust the WHO after they were caught lying? Are the Chinese scientist under the control of the CCP which has also lied about Covid?

The other 2 papers containing the supposed genome. Is there sources for the genome they documented or are they copies of what came out of China?

Is China vaccinating? Are you aware life in China has been back to normal since last June? Meaning people packed in like sardines, attending crowded concerts and festivals in a city of 8.4 million.

ADD EDIT
Thanks Microbeman, I decided to bring this because you are one of the people I know who will take the time to present an intelligent response.

Unclefishsticks: Fishing for extra cool points?

I've covered this in previous posts and have no intention of trying to find it right now; maybe later. there are multitudes of full sequencing from other countries.

There are problems with PCR but not in sequencing labs.

Kary Mullis said nothing of the kind. It was someone else which does not make it invalid. I posted the interview with Mullis.

Last edited:
G

Approximately 24 hours after receiving the second dose of Moderna vaccine I developed a low grade fever. I went to bed and took a couple of Tylenol. By 7P the fever was gone and I feel good this morning.

So it goes.

Friends in the Yukon Territory received their second Moderna vax yesterday. He's a year or 2 older than she is, if I recall correctly, and he was simply tired afterward, as he still is this morning. But she developed a shift in her internal temperature control, and was cold, chilled pretty good one minute (putting on blankets and sweaters), then sensing she was too hot shortly thereafter, taking off extra layers and blankets, and back and forth. She also had a sore arm if I recall. She also feels affected this morning, and they both went back to bed to rest some more.

Her symptoms set in within about 2 hours, she said.

The potentially unnerving part is that when/if side-effects kick in, as they can be different for each person, wondering where the type of expression, intensity, and duration will end is a bit unknown, until it makes itself known.

In the case of our 2 friends, there wasn't much panic, no Bells Palsy that I know of, & they're fairly relaxed and trusting people, so the potential to have the mind racing about 'what ifs' is minimized some.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the data on the pfizer biontec vaccine and even the sputnik vaccine are supposedly more and more promising. they are saying even 1 dose already grants you a superb level of protection. our finance minister recently stated that his 1st dose of the pfizer vaccine would be enough for him, hes not taking the second dose. according to him he's tough enough that the first dose is more then enough, roflfao. you should have seen the wokeratti and the twitteratti screaming from the mountains. how dare he, what a terrible example hes setting, blah blah blah. i was laughing so much at the outraged faces of the "sky is falling" pundits, i fell out of my chair.

G

I received the 1st of my 2 Moderna vaccines yesterday. No real tragedy in the injection, no scraping of needles from being buried too deeply into the arm, etc., as I have had with some aggressive harpoon operators.

An hour or so later, in the midst of a store run, I had a mild to moderate urge to puke, and considered the store I was in, wearing a P100 mask under a surgical mask, and 6-mil nitrile gloves, and thought, "You know, this is entirely inconvenient in re. to being able to vomit and not have it turn into the mess from Hell." Suppressed the urge successfully.

Other than for that, if anything, there was a sense for a time of being lesser in energy, and my legs being a bit less coordinated than they are normally. Last night my legs were wonky even a bit more so, but I accepted that discerning whether it was the vax, or the L4-L5 (occasionally) pinched nerve causing some havoc again would've required a newer Ouija board than the one I have here.

By last night and this morning, there was a mildly to moderately increased pressure or inflammation in the arm I received the harpoon in. Only really uncomfortable when someone hugged me a bit tightly, grabbing around that shoulder, at which time I winced a bit.

So, no immediate or seemingly horrid side-effects yet.

I figure our bodies will be adjusting to these new antibodies for a while to come.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
A Polish doctor dr. Witold Rogiewicz was making fun against the antivaxxers and he received the Pfizer vaccine but a few days after he died of heart failure.He was heart patient, but official news is that it was not caused by the vaccine, but question is still, can a reaction of the vaccine trigger something which could cause death afterwards, especially when you have health problems like this.

G

A Polish doctor dr. Witold Rogiewicz was making fun against the antivaxxers and he received the Pfizer vaccine but a few days after he died of heart failure.He was heart patient, but official news is that it was not caused by the vaccine, but question is still, can a reaction of the vaccine trigger something which could cause death afterwards, especially when you have health problems like this.

As a part of the screening by the person who was injecting me, they asked about bleeding disorders and blood thinners, and I recalled seeing something some place that mentioned aneurisms post-vaccine, for persons with weakened arties or veins, but beyond that, I didn't pay too much attention to the details, other than to note the person giving my injection, operating from a set of pre-drafted questions, was curious about bleeding and thinners. Told me there might be something to that.

But in balancing that out, some folks can't drink cow's milk or eat peanuts/peanut butter, either. I'd just hate to find out I was one of them mid-stream in the process of chewing or swallowing.

Arm's better this morning. Stayed up way late last night packing, and my energy is a bit better now, too.