What's new

Court on thursday.

Painfull

State troopers was in the parking lot of a hotel chain. I had 3 beers and was fine. Didn't know that one of my back lights was out because rain got in and broke the bulb. As soon as i left the parking lot they stopped me. I have dystonia which is a movement disorder which i told the trooper after they made me get out of the car, and couldn't do the test. They made me do it anyway and arrested me for dwai. that was still after i went to the pig station and blew below the limit of.08 it was .07. This is my second one. I had one 12 yrs ago. They didn't search me, thank god. I had 2 joints and a roach pipe. Had to get a lawyer big $$$, for me anyway.I am on disablity. Legal aid refused me because i have a house. I don't know how this will play out, but no driving for me i guess for a while. Dam pigs have nothing better to do but wait in parking lots for people.:fsu:

Painfull

ROJO145

Veteran
Its 2 in 10 that would hurt ya,so you beat that worry.But it still puts you in the ability Impaired ticket even tho you were under the dwi.Its a misdemeanor offense,depending on your record county bullet max.The normal in my area would be the 6-5,they LOVE this one.6 months jail,5 yrs drug court probation!!!Its a fucking brutal scene,probation is a never win scenario,and drug court forget about it.If at all possible I would forgo any probation or terms and go sit,you will feel better about it in a year.Sucks I know,but theres were ya are.....record dependant and all.IME:fsu:
Not to mention....3 grand minimum for the suit and fines!!

W

Weedman Herb

Catching impaired drivers is now a bad thing??? Speeding kills the most but Drunks are next in line when considering Vehicle Fatalities ... When are you people going to learn?? I don't think you are going to get much support for your "Don't the pigs have something better to do" stance at the Weed Site ... You were something "better" for them to be doing ... they could have been out with the dogs profiling stoners or kicking in the doors of Personal Med Grows ... You got lucky to not have been caught with the weed too ...

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's been over 10 years so at least it's not a felony.

I know it sucks but even with an ability impaired you will be able to get a conditional license....

nephilthim

after 7 years i think most misdemeanor offense are purged from the system never ever incriminate yourself,it's none of the officers business to know your specific medical qualifying condition.all his need s to know is you have amedical condition that makes it impossible. i just sya no to everything while refusing to do their tests...example do you know the alphabet?easy no!you don't know the alphabet?what part of no don't you understnd the n or the o
well can you stand on one leg? no..i had asevers knee injury that makes impossible for me to satnd on 1 leg..o.k. can you touch thumb to your forefinger ? no it hurts .ca you folow this bead of light no the light irritates me!can you walk a straight line?no i have problems with balance....the whole thing is plausible deniability they have no right to access your medical records,and if so it's your body who is gonna contradict you there?
finally this is all chickenshit you should have done u/a as it requires algebraic analysis coupled with the fact that dudley do little right mostly wrong violated your constitutional rights.if you really want blood plead not guilty and take it to jury trial ,while filing a civil suit against the municipality for violating the americans with disabilities act,false imprisonment,emotional physical distress go see any kind of doctor NOW not tommorow or yeasterday to substantiate the validity of your claim,if you can go pro per and are a good speaker do it !or get a mouthpiece you can trust*
chances are the d/a will seek to reduce charges plea bargain before going to trial or dismiss with just cause to negaate your civil action.if you are really dick and want to go after the guy refuse to plea bargain demand a dismissal with no just cause.and proceed to civil action.I think either way getting proactive is better than playing doormat and taking it on the chin by pleading guilty(the worst option)

Drinking and driving do not mix.

It took me a while to figure this out, but I finally learned when I almost died while drinking and driving, and almost killing 2 passengers. Thank god we all survived.

Fuck alcohol and driving. NEVER in my life will I engage in that again.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
in the US DUI's are never scratched from your record they be there till ya die.

dont believe me try n get into canada now with a DUI conviction theres a thread around here on icmag from i think 06. some members from lake taho been going to BC since 75, after the us let canada plug into our 50 state NCIC @ the border. us citezens have been turned away i got DUI in 1982 when i was 19 and its still on my record today. heck it was in warrent for 17 yrs lol i paid that in 1999

g/l duder hopefully your lawyer can get ya off or reduced seen ya blew less then legal limit, your lucky. in 82 i blew 0.09 1.0 was the limit this MN state trooper drove me around for approx 2hrs then brought me to the popo station. where i blew 1.2 he was parked down street from the bar watched me pull into bar stay 4 mins then leave then he pulled me over. i quite drinking in sept 91 and have had maybe 2 cases of beer over the yrs since, when i was younger mang ohhhh mandy i had a real good auto pilot. few times i made it home sun shineing in my face in the morn 1 foot in door 1 out car still running in park. 1st thing i would do is walk around car make sure i hit nothing, nothing about them times i miss

N

nekoloving

in the US DUI's are never scratched from your record they be there till ya die.

dont believe me try n get into canada now with a DUI conviction theres a thread around here on icmag from i think 06. some members from lake taho been going to BC since 75, after the us let canada plug into our 50 state NCIC @ the border. us citezens have been turned away i got DUI in 1982 when i was 19 and its still on my record today. heck it was in warrent for 17 yrs lol i paid that in 1999

g/l duder hopefully your lawyer can get ya off or reduced seen ya blew less then legal limit, your lucky. in 82 i blew 0.09 1.0 was the limit this MN state trooper drove me around for approx 2hrs then brought me to the popo station. where i blew 1.2 he was parked down street from the bar watched me pull into bar stay 4 mins then leave then he pulled me over. i quite drinking in sept 91 and have had maybe 2 cases of beer over the yrs since, when i was younger mang ohhhh mandy i had a real good auto pilot. few times i made it home sun shineing in my face in the morn 1 foot in door 1 out car still running in park. 1st thing i would do is walk around car make sure i hit nothing, nothing about them times i miss

yeah one of the things i need to try to get reduced - is it any dui or only felony dui's?

GreenintheThumb

fuck the ticket, bought the ride
Veteran
Not trying to hijack this thread but do they turn you back for any DUI or just felony DUI (which is if you have 3 I guess?)? Damn this sucks...

Painfull

Well.i went to court today. My lawyer pushed it to another day in May. Fine will be $600 with a temp. license. Have to go to classes which cost more $$$. Then i have to go at the end of the class to hear a class by a mother from MADD more $$$. All that they care about is money. There goes my pension money.

N

nekoloving

Guess ya won't drink n drive again, eh? :nono:

lol as a matter of fact, i've found that its a LOT of cab rides that adds up to the cost of a dui. so no. i will not. jan and its been 10 fucking years finally hehe.

hopefully op comes to the same conclusion... even if it was him u were asking >_>

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
You can thank the MADD fascists for your ordeal. No .07 BAC has ever caused a drunk driving fatality. In many states you would have been let go since you were under .08. Now it's just time to pay your serf tax and homage to the government sponsored entrapment machine.

Btw, were you on private property when they stopped you? You said they were in a parking lot. Cops can't enforce DUI laws on private property. Just FYI.

Painfull

Thanks for all your support. Date was pushed up to may 23 to give me some time to raise some money. It will be some where about $1000 in fines and classes. These dam special interest group are killing this country and taking away our rights. Where it has become police states and the answer is to just lock america up. Where big business is building jails and making loads of money locking people up. They don't want this wheel to stop but spin faster so they can fill their pockets with more money.:wallbash:

Painfull:smoweed:

Honestly, they should have impounded your car and made you spend the night in jail. I have had to go through 5 days in there for just having an empty container of Don Julio in my backseat that a friend left the night before when we were hotboxing a blunt in my garage. Not to mention the 900 bucks to get my car out the impound. Only thing good that came of everything was they dropped all charges considering they never even gave me a sobriety test. Luckily didn't have to hire an attorney. Think I got crabs from the blankets they gave me though. GROSS.

ANYWAY, the problem isn't drinking way too much and trying to drive. It's drinking just enough that you don't realize that you need to be careful because you drank enough to really end someone's life. Screw your pention douche

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WTF State are you in? In my State it's a 250 dollar fine and ninety day suspension....

Yesterday you said it was 600...How did it get to 1000 overnight? Will it be 1400 tommorrow?

Last edited:

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
Honestly, they should have impounded your car and made you spend the night in jail. I have had to go through 5 days in there for just having an empty container of Don Julio in my backseat that a friend left the night before when we were hotboxing a blunt in my garage. Not to mention the 900 bucks to get my car out the impound. Only thing good that came of everything was they dropped all charges considering they never even gave me a sobriety test. Luckily didn't have to hire an attorney. Think I got crabs from the blankets they gave me though. GROSS.

ANYWAY, the problem isn't drinking way too much and trying to drive. It's drinking just enough that you don't realize that you need to be careful because you drank enough to really end someone's life. Screw your pention douche

Impounding a car and a night in jail for 3 beers??????????

What are you on??? Maybe not all, but most people who are out of high school can handle 3 beers pretty well.

I'm not advocating drinking and driving, but 3 beers barely crosses over the legal limit in most areas of the US, especially if they're not all pounded directly before starting up your car.

Open container in the car is different than having alcohol in your system. I mean, sorry about your crabs and everything, and it sucks you apparently had to go through this ordeal. However, just because you've had to go through shit doesn't mean everybody else should have to.

Painfull

well $1,100 for the lawer. $600 for fines, more money for class, temp. drivers premit, and the last class with madd mothers comes close to another gran. I never wish bad things on people and why anyone would with me is stupid.

Latest posts

Latest posts