What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cotton candy

Dakine

Veteran
Oh wow lol, I didnt know they looked like that.. How much timne is left for them? They look older then they should.. We started flowering about the same time?

What do you think about using Calcium Nitrate instead of the usual Calcium Carb that everyone uses? For problems/issues that we have that need to be addressed right away. Wouldnt it be smarter to use calcium that is immediately available and not take time for the microbes to break down to then make available for the roots?

Dankwolf

I have no experiance running high calcium like slow sugest so i cant say ether way. I will find out shortly.

Plants have about 21 to 30 days left.

Dankwolf

58 days

58 days

Plants are now in 100% dark for the next 3 to 7 days for finish and to help bring out the terpings to there max before they get the axe . next run is looking to be much better. And the high calcium/silica soilless is performing well so far.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dankwolf

Nice finish. looking like some good smoke. Good looking yield too

Wish i could have let them go anothe 10 + days before dark period but hopfully next run will be a bit better and able to go longer . i only veged for 11/2 weeks on this next run in hopes the root bpund was part of the issue . 3 to 3 1/2 ft plants in 1.75 gallins of soil was pushing it lol.

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
I agree. That was most likely the issue, that's a big plant in a small container. Good luck next round, can't wait to see what you get out of those Cali orange seeds! Damn I remember this Cali o I used to get...,,, something to really reminisce upon, I hope you find some gems in there

Dankwolf

I agree. That was most likely the issue, that's a big plant in a small container. Good luck next round, can't wait to see what you get out of those Cali orange seeds! Damn I remember this Cali o I used to get...,,, something to really reminisce upon, I hope you find some gems in there

What do you remember about the cali o . i have had it a few times but remember a skunky version and a orange peel version lol . in fact i used to throw orange peels in the bag to freshen it up did the same with beaster lol.

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Yeah fresh orange peels. Smooth smoke you'd still taste orange juice 10 minutes later. Can't really remember the nug structure due to how long ago it was( and my memory is clouded with other strains this grower had), I only was lucky enough to get a few batches, never have grown it.

Dakine

Veteran
I love the way old diesel looked... A very light color, almost A greenish grey, BIG Calyx, almost no fan leaves, and these super small dark green single leafs..

Can we get some close ups of the Cotton Candy homie? .

Dankwolf

Cotton candy 3 and 4 weeks flower . going to go 80 daysif possible this time.

Cotton candy 3 and 4 weeks flower . going to go 80 daysif possible this time.

Dakine

Veteran
So if im not mistaken, is this the 2nd run now in this thread? This is the run that your running high calcium in now right? If it is, I cant wait to see the end bro. A few Good Growers have been using the high calcium methods per Slonickels advice with damn good results so far.

Dankwolf

So if im not mistaken, is this the 2nd run now in this thread? This is the run that your running high calcium in now right? If it is, I cant wait to see the end bro. A few Good Growers have been using the high calcium methods per Slonickels advice with damn good results so far.

Yes 2nd run in this thread.
Yes high calcium soilless mix based of slownickels advise to a point. its peat base so it cant be treated fully like slows outdoor soil.

Its a 65% peat 35% coco soiless mix high in calcium/silca and low on potash/k to bring out 52 triats that would other wise not exist ( works with all plants). Its intentionally high in silicon because of the source of the calcium used that works with high bicarbonate amendments that are required for the 52 traits to be expressed . recipe still requires lime for a buffer and to help stabilize the peatmoss.