What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cotton candy

Dankwolf

Great strain all the way around . has commercial potential for sure . cloens super easy , fast in veg , takes to scrog / sog well , loves havy fert 2 time what any other plant i have ever had could take , needs lots of cal/mag and n in flower , loves to be trained it just pissis her off and grows even meaner , smell is vary strong (two or 3 bags jars what ever you can still smell her ) skunky/roting friut/berry/ peppery taste & smell , 7-10 weeks depending on high desired.high last about 2 1/2 to 3 hours and is a bit of a creaper. Mold & pm/mite resistant . she does not like thrips !!!

This will be start to finish pushing her harder then i ever have . i am useing earth juice grow , bloom , catalyst, micro, high brix (have been for 10+ years have not found a better replacement) .flowering will start 11/12/16. I waited to start this thread so i could skip clone and veg time .(i really like this cut).

My soiless mix is reused every time so is constently changing as far as amendments.but start out like this
2 parts sun shine orgainic mix with yucca for wetting agent
1part perlight
1 part red lava rock cleaned sourced localy
1 1/2 tbs per gallon lime
1 tbs per gallon high n down to earth bat guano
1 tbs per gallon high p down to earth bat guano
1 tbs per gallon sea weed from down to earth
1 tbs per gallon humic acid down to earth
1/2 tbs per gallon bentonight from local source
1 to 1 1/2 cups per gallon worm casting with rock dust high in k
1 cup sand cleand source localy

Mixed thourghly. Then watered down with water mixed with 1/4 tbs high brix per gallon and 1/4 tbs earth juice micro per gallon . i let that sit in ruber made tote for about 20 to 30 days mixing every 5 by hand and adding water ass needed .

For reamending it changes every time .

Here is a earler run with light fert in ffof under 400w hps .my goal is to doulbe yield yet keep quality.

Last edited:

Dankwolf

My cloneing prosses.

My cloneing prosses.

I take cuts of choice branches preferably each clone will have atleast 5 finger leafs and be about 4" long.clones are placed in a cup of distiled water and left to soak for about an hour to 2 hours (helps with rooting).Then i fill a bunch of 4" inch cheap pots with sunshing organic peat potting mix with yucca for a wetting agent and water poters from above. Next i make a indentation in filled 4" potters to place clones . after that i dip each cut into cheap wallyworld cloneing powder (works best for me ) and tap off exsess powder and put clone in potter being careful not to rub rooting hormone off as i push soil from corners of potter towerds plant in center.aftert all clones are ready they go into a humitidy dome with vents closed 75% of the way for 5 to 7 days . then after that i open vents all the way for the remander of time till i see obvious roots then the dome's come off and i select my best ones and let go for a few more days till about the 4th node .

I keep plants moist at all times when in dome . watering only from the bottom . this prosses is not the best fastest way but it works out time wise for my flip of rooms ;)

Dankwolf

Transplant

Transplant

Soon as clones hit the 4th node i place them into final home in two gallon paint buckets from wallyworld.they get toped at the 5th to 6th node to prepare for trining. Goal is 4 to 6 tops i let the plant decide ( only the strong servive. This will be there final home . at this point they will be veged for about 2 weeks under a 400 hps.

Last edited:

Dankwolf

First week to second week of Training

First week to second week of Training

1st week: aftet being toped. i wait about 3 days for brances to get about 2 to 4 inches long . then start training by bending each top by hand to be the same hight (i do not super crop) traing takes about 5 sec per plant. I do the training once a day when i water (goal is to not only have each top of each plant the same hight but to have all plants traind to the same hight). If branches are not even growth hormone will not be ditributed evenly and buds will be differnt sizes yet take the same resorces.

Beginning of second week: canopy is starting to look good .

2nd week: two days before flower and before new room cnopy is vary even at this point and all tops are caught up and have mature leafs.

Last edited:

Dankwolf

Start of flower

Start of flower

Plants are going into a bigger brighter room on 11/12/16 with mixed spectrum hps 2000 kalvin and mh 4000 kalvin in equal amounts. I will not be using a far red light this cycle.

For the first 30 days of flower plants will be on a 13 on 11 off schedule for stretch and flower . After 30 days plants will go to a 11 on 13 off schedule for ripening till finish.

plants will not be getting any bloom nutes till after about 20 days of flower just grow (earth juice). After the first 20 days of flower plant will start geting bloom nutes every other watering and some times every 3rd watering starting at earth juices recomended heavy dose and i will progresivly raise dosage of flowering nutes up till the 50th to 55th day of flowering. After that i will start using ro water every day to clear out builed up from my well water and unused nutes ( mianly helps keep ph and ec in check). There will still be some nutes used the last few weeks of flowering but it will be minimal and as needed only.

I like my ph to swing around a bit through out flowering lets say from 6.2 to 6.8 depending on plant needs as far as aviabilty of elements. I belive the ph swings helps in end product giving a complex high that a steady ph can not.

Last edited:

Dakine

Veteran
There we go, you finally started a Thread Bud! Now everyone can see the DANK you grow.. So how many plants are under that good lookin canopy?

How do you bend the stem without crushing or breaking the stem? I dont see any ties/wires to hold the trained branches in place..

So the 1st clones I took off my SSSDH girls took atleast 2 weeks to even show 1 small root. The 2nd run of clones I took I had the cuts soaking in water for 24 hours, Re cut,placed into water for a couple minutes, and then into rockwool cubes. They started showing roots in under 7 days.. So im also thinking that soaking them in water helps with rooting.

Dankwolf

There we go, you finally started a Thread Bud! Now everyone can see the DANK you grow.. So how many plants are under that good lookin canopy?

How do you bend the stem without crushing or breaking the stem? I dont see any ties/wires to hold the trained branches in place..

So the 1st clones I took off my SSSDH girls took atleast 2 weeks to even show 1 small root. The 2nd run of clones I took I had the cuts soaking in water for 24 hours, Re cut,placed into water for a couple minutes, and then into rockwool cubes. They started showing roots in under 7 days.. So im also thinking that soaking them in water helps with rooting.

I knew some would ask how many lol . there is a few more then one and less then jail time while being with in ommp guied lines .

As to training i use my hand and just slowly bend working a little at time bending each branch all the way 90°. After the first time ypu can just cup your hand around branch to train .

Last edited:

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
How many grams per watt?? Is it a clone only strain, or from seed?

I am a novice grower, growing GG4. I SCROG and shave the legs at 3 weeks, removing everything under the screen. Would I benefit from reducing the number of remaining buds above the screen, especially those not getting direct light?

Those buds look killer. I had something like that, but were PM magnets.

Dankwolf

Clone is from solar organics. And is a clone only as far as i know .

Gpw was low first run at .35 gpw second run was .5 my goal is .8 with new soil mix and twice the fert.

Plants will not be so close together when they go into flowering room (i have limited space). each bud/branch will be given a 6" × 6" space witch is what i would aim for if your doing scrog . i like to have my main coals picked out and ready one week before flower . i take anything off that is not going to get light 1 week before flower and 2 weeks after flower . i cut any branches off that are not even with the rest or will never be because they would get less growth hormone and would use same resources that could go to better positioned tops that have a 6" × 6" space .

Dankwolf

4th run indoor cotton candy wife dam near killed when i went on vacation

4th run indoor cotton candy wife dam near killed when i went on vacation

plants

Last edited:

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
I run a strain thats the same cross as cotton candy, but my own selection from seed. Do yours stay super short as well?? Heres a bud from mine..
picture.php

Dankwolf

Mine stay compact byt grow crazy fast in veg up to 2 inches a day. In flower they stretch about 125% and stack nice . yours looks way more sativa then mine.

Dakine

Veteran
I Think im gonna try to train my clones I have now like the clones you make.. I like how you keep everything at an even height.. I might have to use wire/string to do this since I havent ever tried to just bend them slowly each day by hand..

I kinda wanna see if that growth hormone thing you talk about, makes a big difference in flower. It sounds pretty legit and im willing to try out anything to increase my knowledge on growing anything.

Wow so during flower your girls stretch to twice the size. I cant wait to see how much my girls stretch.

Dankwolf

I have had and have a few that will stretch 400% not always a good thing lol . i like a stretch of 75% to 150% for stacking colas .

Growth hormone is why one bud is biger then the other plant have a few ways of knowing this and there for can be minpulated to get more per plant .

Untrained

Trained same age ,same run, same potter, same feeding more yield lol

Latest posts

Latest posts