What's new

Costco Carport Greenhouse 2010

Wow! DoubleJJ

They look awesome:good:

Good job.
Is that just cage wire fence material you're using or are they extra big tomato cages?

BTW....I went to costco to purchase my portable garage and looked and looked and finally asked at the front desk and the lady said that to buy something like that i need to be here at christmas to February to get one.:dunno:

I think I am going to try and get a used garage frame or a least get more creative, which I'm willing to do.

Did you sink your pots OR dig big holes first and fill them in with ammendments to help them grow?
AND did you add the stone on top ?
I assume you did but these days i never assume anything.
You know what they say......;)

doublejj

Veteran
Thank you!

Thank you!

The cages are remesh wire from Home Depot. The use it in concrete.

I pieced 2 pieces together to make them 8'.

Try another Costco. I've purchased 2 at 2 different Costco's this year! If I still had the box, I'd give you the item code #. Tell them you want the 10'x20' carport.

The greenhouse is sitting at the far end of my driveway. I dug holes & filled with a mix of Ocean Forest & Happy Frog potting soil. I add a little Dolomite & bat guano.

Peace
doublejj

GanjaPharma

ya i wonder why they are all out of these carports??? (8,000 views on this thread)
doublejj is causing a panic in the costco greenhouse...i mean carport market~

I bought one ; )_
spring is just around the corner....

The cages are remesh wire from Home Depot. The use it in concrete.

I pieced 2 pieces together to make them 8'.

Try another Costco. I've purchased 2 at 2 different Costco's this year! If I still had the box, I'd give you the item code #. Tell them you want the 10'x20' carport.

The greenhouse is sitting at the far end of my driveway. I dug holes & filled with a mix of Ocean Forest & Happy Frog potting soil. I add a little Dolomite & bat guano.

Peace
doublejj
Thanks
Remesh wire. Cool.
So the remesh is 4' doubled up.

I figured maybe you were on a driveway
Why wouldn't you have your portable garage on your driveway:laughing:

Very good.

The code number is 36238 and it is called "presto instant garage' and it is put out by INLAND PLASTICS and is a 20L x 11W x 9 H

I got all the info before I left

Those are great soils you are using also PLUS I love the name 'happy frog,' but then again, i'm a chick.:dance013:

THANKS again DJJ

jaspmf

st- if you have moisture problems (often early in the day) you could try a small heater in the tent @ night. That'll keep that early morning dew from forming :D

Beautiful show and great idea jj, thanks for sharing w/ us all :D

doublejj

Veteran
Tree trunks

Tree trunks

Here's a couple of tree trunk shots from today

Peace
doublejj

White Widow:
attachment.php

GDP:

attachment.php

Attachments

• PICT0003.jpg
    PICT0003.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 14
  • PICT00021.jpg
    PICT00021.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 14

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Looking killer, doublejj. Got a question for you...

Are you thinking about getting a sulfur burner or do you not really have problems with mold?

Just curious. Thanks and keep the updates coming!!

O

OrganicOzarks

Seeing posts like this has motivated me to build my own greenhouse. I am very impressed with what you have done. Damn, Damn, and some more Damn!

dan92677

Do you have off season grows with this greenhouse? How many off season grows do you get? Are the off season grows yield smaller?

doublejj

Veteran
Raise the roof again!

Raise the roof again!

Hey folks, thought I give an update.
But first some questions?
No sulfer burner, I've started doing a lot of thinning, which should help.
Yes, I have grown a second crop in the Winter. They don't bud real thick, but it makes great hash! Ask me how I know! lol!

These WW's are getting away from me!
I'm giving some thought to just peeling back the roof, and letting them go. I'm legal, but it would just invite thieves! These things would probably go 15'! Hell they'ed be 15' now, if I had not topped them twice!
But for now, I'm gonna add another 2 bricks. Maybe 13 1/2' will do.

The GDP's are 8' & the WW's are hitting the roof at 12'

My wife wants to chop the tops off!:nono:

Peace
doublejj
P.S. If I don't get the mites under control, it will all be for not!

A few pic's from last weekend:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• PICT0002.jpg
    PICT0002.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 13
  • PICT0006.jpg
    PICT0006.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 13

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
What are you currently using to combat the mites? Everything is looking great! Those are huge plants. cool :)

doublejj

Veteran
I had been using safer brand spray, but I've just started using Azatrol. That stuff's expensive, but it should work.

Peace
doublejj

dan92677

Double JJ,

Great plants. Thanks for sharing and posting the pics. Fantastic man.

What do you expect to yield per tree? dry weight?

When you grew off season how long time/size did you veg the plants before throwing them into the greenhouse?

Doing my first greenhouse this season and thinking about throwing in a 2nd round after the Oct harvest.

doublejj

Veteran
2nd round, last year!

2nd round, last year!

The 2nd round last year were about 4'. They didn't form tight buds. Plenty frosty, just loose. So I 'hashed' them all!

Here's a pic of what they looked like about 1/2 way thru flowering. This was the end of Nov 09.

And then a pic of what I did with them. Hash! & alink to more pic's of hash making: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=144458

Peace
doublejj
picture.php

Hash:
picture.php

Hey folks, thought I give an update.
But first some questions?
No sulfer burner, I've started doing a lot of thinning, which should help.
Yes, I have grown a second crop in the Winter. They don't bud real thick, but it makes great hash! Ask me how I know! lol!

These WW's are getting away from me!
I'm giving some thought to just peeling back the roof, and letting them go. I'm legal, but it would just invite thieves! These things would probably go 15'! Hell they'ed be 15' now, if I had not topped them twice!
But for now, I'm gonna add another 2 bricks. Maybe 13 1/2' will do.

The GDP's are 8' & the WW's are hitting the roof at 12'

My wife wants to chop the tops off!:nono:

Peace
doublejj
P.S. If I don't get the mites under control, it will all be for not!

A few pic's from last weekend:
attachment.php

attachment.php
Your wife wants to cut the tops off?:laughing:
Oh dear:comfort:

Nice work !

Latest posts

Latest posts