What's new

Corinto, The Landrace Team Seeds/ Colombian Landraces

Wolverine97

Veteran
I am growing it and to me the hype is real. It is real strong and seems a pure sativa. Not sure if it is from the seventies like the gold, red and others, but this will light up your mind like a furnace.
Doesn't look anything like a pure sativa to me.

StickyBandit

Doesn't look anything like a pure sativa to me.
If you're referring to @yesum s grow I think he went to great lengths to keep them short.
Mine are looking as sativa as anything I've grown, which is admittedly not a great deal :)

Corinto1.JPG

Corintos2.JPG

blondie

I’ve got three I’m going to flower any day now. So far they are normal average plants. One has a ph cal/mag type issue I’m working on. I hope they kick my ass. Looking forward to it.

Attachments

• 3E21505C-F250-4D83-AA7F-F3844FD8B984.jpeg
    3E21505C-F250-4D83-AA7F-F3844FD8B984.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
  • 8B464449-7901-49AF-9D81-B7E6B9A92980.jpeg
    8B464449-7901-49AF-9D81-B7E6B9A92980.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
  • BE0D8A7C-EE28-45A0-B41E-168BE06BC9B8.jpeg
    BE0D8A7C-EE28-45A0-B41E-168BE06BC9B8.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64

StickyBandit

I thought I would post these in here rather than my grow thread. Of the 9 girls there seems to be a few different phenos now that they're older. I'm not very good at growing these in soil as you can see. I hope the clones I took will do better in the hempy pots. These should be ready about Christmas :)
Front right is LostTribes PeakC99, not corinto :p

P1020569.JPG
P1020570.JPG
P1020571.JPG
P1020572.JPG
P1020574.JPG
P1020575.JPG
P1020576.JPG
P1020577.JPG
P1020578.JPG

goingrey

I thought I would post these in here rather than my grow thread. Of the 9 girls there seems to be a few different phenos now that they're older. I'm not very good at growing these in soil as you can see. I hope the clones I took will do better in the hempy pots. These should be ready about Christmas :)
Front right is LostTribes PeakC99, not corinto :p

View attachment 18913010 View attachment 18913011 View attachment 18913012 View attachment 18913013 View attachment 18913014 View attachment 18913015 View attachment 18913016 View attachment 18913017 View attachment 18913018
Interesting, you'd think they would do better in soil.

CaptainLucky

Colombian Red from the seventies had a sedation to it like a modern hybrid and it was strong for that time period. Never had the Punto Rojo back then but from 2 plants from TLT and one from ACE, it is strong but lacking euphoria or trip. Not interesting so far.

The Corinto even has flashback effects the next day like I feel high. I do not want you to get too excited by my experiences but they are true to what happened for me. Different brains can get different results. I grow under white LED placed real close to the plants, which are never more than 18 inches tall from bending. Intense light is something that these plants need imo. I have fried the top of one of the plants from it touching the LED, that is how close I have the light. I have lifted it a couple inches from the top of the canopy at this point, 4 inches at the most?

If the plants are 3 feet tall, no light is going to blast the lower or mid flowers. You will get maybe 10 inches of good penetration with most lights and that is if the light is almost touching the plants tops. Most people do not keep the plants real short and have the lights a foot or more above the tops. Do yourself a favor and no blurple or hps lights. Higher kelvin white light. I had these under about a 4000 Kelvin Spiderfarmer LED and also have some 5000 Kelvin house lights I chopped the bulb off of for the other plants I am growing. Little 17 watt lights but placed super close to the top of the plants which are never taller than 18 inches.

I had Colombian Gold back in '79, like caffeine with a bit of trip to it. hehe Not my thing and it was real CG and of higher quality. Little white seeds, incense smell, not dried out or moldy, good stuff. The CG I grew out of USC '72 seeds was better really. Not as strong as this Corinto though.
Why not try using lights on the sides? I’ve heard others use them on a different site with good results. CL🍀

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have before but really at the short height of the plants it is not necessary I think. I keep things under 18 inches. Not worth the trouble as the tent is 2x2' but if I find a nice LED strip light to use, well I might. I used to use vertical mounted fluorescent tube lights in the corners of the tent and they do help.

StickyBandit

The Corintos are growing slowly but although it's spindly it's pretty frosty. I smoked a tiny piece tonight that had grown near the light and died and got surprisingly stoned. I think it's going to have some kick
I've planted some Cuban Black Haze seeds and might find a daddy amongst them for a seed run with clones from these
Have a zoom on the top pic :)

Corinto1.JPG
Corinto2.JPG
Corinto3.JPG
Corintos.JPG

Last edited:
Those dont look too bad. Have definitely seen worse. I have great fortune in living soil. With the right amendments, all you have to do is water. The plants know what they need more than we do.

Grew Corinto from TLT over the summer. They did great outside but did not like wind at all. The leaves fold and taco down very easily. I light depped them every night in the garage for 14 hours and they turned out great. Did get some purple on the stems. They are a little fruity smelling and have a great high after curing for a month.

Have also grown a few other Colombians and am working on a 4 way of 1970 Colombian Gold, Corinto, Mango Biche, and Punto Rojo. Have the initial crosses finished and just need to make the final one.

Latest posts

Latest posts