What's new

Corinto, The Landrace Team Seeds/ Colombian Landraces

StickyBandit

Some great looking plants here and the descriptions are very intriguing
Just popped a few of these Corinto from TLT the other day using the icebox/aquarium heater method with lightly nuted jiffies. 10/10 initially started but one decided to tie itself in knots so we have nine :)
Transplanted into 1.5L pots just now so we'll see how they go. The plan is to take clones and do a seed run but I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew, being fairly new to long growing sativas
Any advice will be greatly appreciated, whether I use it or not :p
@yesum is the 9/15 light cycle necessary and what stage should I turn them?
The soil is fairly light with a mixture of used and fresh organic potting mix with plenty of perlite and grain husks with a little bird guano granules mixed in. Shouldn't be too hot... I hope :)

Icebox.jpg

Corinto.JPG

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
100_0184.JPG
100_0190.JPG
100_0194.JPG

This is some Corinto after curing a couple weeks. Not really seeing purple in the colors. Seems there was a stealth hermie in the tent. Too many seeds for what I pollinated it for. No nanners or male flowers that I could see but too many seeds. Smoking a joint of this plant right now. Taste is old time and effect is there too. Bit more mellow effect after the cure it would seem or maybe just this plant. I will take it. hehe I think another 2 weeks in the bags at room temp and then into the freezer.

Looks like the old time stuff, yes? I barely tried to trim it just used my fingers to brush the buds and break off some of the fan leaves along with a bit of snipping. Nice euphoric effect. All the plants had euphoric feelings but some were more intense and trippy. This was is almost laid back by comparison. Again, curing may be at play.

Lugo

Veteran
I really think it would only be honest and ethical for you guys to just rename whatever that is and stop calling it Corinto. Thats what happens, money hungry seed brokers slap a name on pretty much anything and unknowingly the grower; through no fault of his own, starts propogating a false narrative if not just a big lie. Lets just say disinformation. Next thing you know somebody gets one of these plants and starts breeding with it and telling everyone its a Corinto X 😆 Point is the growers themselves are the ones who take the bullet. In their dignity, reputation and in their pocket. Growers need to investigate more before buying. I hope this comment doesn't offend anyone. Just being honest with you guys its sad to watch.

StickyBandit

I really think it would only be honest and ethical for you guys to just rename whatever that is and stop calling it Corinto. That's what happens, money hungry seed brokers slap a name on pretty much anything and unknowingly the grower; through no fault of his own, starts propogating a false narrative if not just a big lie. Lets just say disinformation. Next thing you know somebody gets one of these plants and starts breeding with it and telling everyone its a Corinto X 😆 Point is the growers themselves are the ones who take the bullet. In their dignity, reputation and in their pocket. Growers need to investigate more before buying. I hope this comment doesn't offend anyone. Just being honest with you guys its sad to watch.
But who am I to rename it and what do I rename it to?
Isn't renaming it just more confusing and doing the same thing as the seller?
All I can do is supply the information from the seller so the reader can take a look and come to their own conclusions, right? It's in the title of the thread

RobFromTX

View attachment 18847520 View attachment 18847521 View attachment 18847522

This is some Corinto after curing a couple weeks. Not really seeing purple in the colors. Seems there was a stealth hermie in the tent. Too many seeds for what I pollinated it for. No nanners or male flowers that I could see but too many seeds. Smoking a joint of this plant right now. Taste is old time and effect is there too. Bit more mellow effect after the cure it would seem or maybe just this plant. I will take it. hehe I think another 2 weeks in the bags at room temp and then into the freezer.

Looks like the old time stuff, yes? I barely tried to trim it just used my fingers to brush the buds and break off some of the fan leaves along with a bit of snipping. Nice euphoric effect. All the plants had euphoric feelings but some were more intense and trippy. This was is almost laid back by comparison. Again, curing may be at play.
Great looking buds! This is a TLT release yes?

Lugo

Veteran
But who am I to rename it and what do I rename it to?
Isn't renaming it just more confusing and doing the same thing as the seller?
All I can do is supply the information from the seller so the reader can take a look and come to their own conclusions, right? It's in the title of the thread
Well its a strange situation but it does say plenty about the seller. Guys need to do a little more research, theres plenty of information on line. Happy growing.

RobFromTX

Well its a strange situation but it does say plenty about the seller. Guys need to do a little more research, theres plenty of information on line. Happy growing.
The consensus ive gathered about TLT is that they're legit. They just collect their strains through devious means, they just dont give credit to their sources. Considering theres barely any landrace collectives out there ill take what i can get, put whatever name on it you want. Those buds yesum grew out look scrumptious :yummy:

Lugo

Veteran
The consensus ive gathered about TLT is that they're legit. They just collect their strains through devious means, they just dont give credit to their sources. Considering theres barely any landrace collectives out there ill take what i can get, put whatever name on it you want. Those buds yesum grew out look scrumptious :yummy:
Okie dokie

BigNasty

TLT is 50/50 from what I hear from different people, I personally know a few of the sellers to TLT as in their Kwzulu strain, the seller lives in Africa and sourced on the spot and few others, so no doubt they're legit plus I'm sure the guy was shady just so he can sell pure genetics, as I've heard he tried it with snow highs panama red from someone else, which i mean i see nothing wrong if they are legit no??

either way pure or not, if it slaps me up I'm happy to work with it!

StickyBandit

All 9 plants look to be female so there goes my plan of helping preserve the strain. I think 10 seeds is not really enough, especially given the price.
I let the mums get too big before flipping while I was getting clones from them all. Might have to do some bending or cutting when they get moved to my taller budding area. Might also do some STS fem seeds, as @yesum suggested (y)

Corinto1.JPG

Corinto (1).JPG

Corinto.JPG