What's new

Connoisseur300: DWC 30 plant SOG micro show

aww thats dissappointing...I guess i'll throw my digi in there with my kool tube, or I also have a 400W MH i could throw in there with one of those 2'x2' box shaped air-cooled reflectors. I was thinking of going with white light for the first two weeks of stretch, then when bud production really sets go with the red (600W digi hps)...does this seem like a good idea? just tryin to keep my ladies small because thats what i'm used to, but I guess I wouldn't really have to seeing as how i've just moved into my new homebox L. do you think the stanley conversion is enough to keep my 600w or even my 400w cool? Ever since i've started growing its been nothing but heat issues, but i've never had a proper box like this homebox (i'm so excited about it..my christmas present to myself). In a perfect world, and when I dream at night, I end up putting my 400 and 600 in there for 1000Watts of mixed spec. (drools on self)

I'm really just picking this up again cause i've been on ice for like a year I guess (grow-wise). Thanks again for this beautiful thread. I'm really impressed with this SOG, thundurkel's skills, dr.buds skills, etc. Its really helped me to pick up the 'ol "light-and-watering-can" again.

Last edited:

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Finklsteinshtkd said:
In DrBud's setup, it seems as though he controls stretch through container size (i.e. 20 oz. bottles with the top cut off) because of course the roots only have so much space to stretch into. How are you able to control stretch using the same method in a DWC?
I don't. I would have to tell you to pick your strains wisely because the blueberries I have stretch from one inch to 20inches in some cases after flowering in hydro. In soil like I have now I have to veg my clones for about three days just to get them to 14-17 inches.

On another note, I love this method, this thread, and dr.bud's threads. I have adopted it as my new method and am slowly crossing over to it.
good idea! I love growing perpetually. I love it. The only thing I'm missing is new genetics.

I hate waiting to grow out mother's man...its killing me...I just want to flower what I have and not wait an additional two months to make what I have into a mother, then wait for clones..aahh
You know it doesn't really take that long to end up with a small # of clones and I would think it would take me longer to sprout new seeds and sort through the males. Lots of waisted space that could be used for females and is just very counter productive. Besides if time is your only prob. with moms just do what you do with the seeds and take a couple good clones of your favorite plant and let it veg. give it a month and you'll have enough shoots to take at least six clones. Eventually many more clones.

Finkelstein..shit..kid..
---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

dirtykidsnation

hey there con! Lovely grow ya got going bro! I'm looking into a dwc perpetual grow with the same principles as dr green bud. I do have a question for you though. I wanted to ask what was the size of those containers your using for your dwc? I see you use 2 in net pots in them, so my guess is around 6 in by 6 in. Again, awesome grow log bro! Keep up the perpetual and good luck on your soil grow!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
So hows your cab looking these day?? I'm thinking of playing around with SWC in my cab with 2.5L ziplock containers (the one I made my bubble cloner with) and only have 4-6 clones in each one and flower them in that and see if I can get it to work out...

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
hey there con! Lovely grow ya got going bro! I'm looking into a dwc perpetual grow with the same principles as dr green bud. I do have a question for you though. I wanted to ask what was the size of those containers your using for your dwc? I see you use 2 in net pots in them, so my guess is around 6 in by 6 in. Again, awesome grow log bro! Keep up the perpetual and good luck on your soil grow!

hey dirtykid. thanks for stopping in and the props. The black containers I used are just under two gallons each. They work like a charm besides the fact that it's very hard to control the hight of the plant when they grow so fast.
Using the hydro system my clones could be flowered under an inch and still hit twenty inches. When grown in soil I have to veg untill 3 to 4 inches just to get them to 15/18 inches. It helps a lot to have them in soil because sense I can control the hight better I can use my light more to my advantage.

piece
Conn.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
So hows your cab looking these day?? I'm thinking of playing around with SWC in my cab with 2.5L ziplock containers (the one I made my bubble cloner with) and only have 4-6 clones in each one and flower them in that and see if I can get it to work out...

Cab is looking good thundurkel, Thanks for asking. I'll have some random pics up in a sec for you all to see. All I've been doing is working and tending the garden lately and haven't updated in a long time and I apologize for that guys, sorry.

Now for the garden pics. I've had a couple heat issues due to some new filters I'm trying out for light leaks and my 265cfm fan doesn't seem to do the trick very well.

Attachments

• blueberry with fans trimed.jpg
    blueberry with fans trimed.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 15
  • blueberry buds my hand.jpg
    blueberry buds my hand.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 15

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
it actually holds 9.6 Liters and is nine inches wide and eleven inches tall. I just added two gallons to keep the water level below the net pots.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Is that dream goddess on the left and sour diesel on the right? Fucking great looking weed you got there friend!

How the diesel? I got some chem haze diesel growing but it's going to take like 4 months....

Correct. The diesel is my #2 pheno which is actually a really good strain thats smells like ass and gives you a very clean high but the yield is below average. my diesel #1 is streat up off the chain when it comes to potency and tast. The yield is about averag but it has dense ass nugs.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Whats up buddy thought I'd give your thread a bump since it's what inspired me to do my new project in hydro, I got 8 plants in a 2.5L Ziplock container with a 4" bubble bar and I'm going to flower them all at once and hope I can pull off 8 budsicle's out of my dinky SWC system LOL history in the making my friend thanks to your inspiration!

sleepyrz

In DrBud's setup, it seems as though he controls stretch through container size (i.e. 20 oz. bottles with the top cut off) because of course the roots only have so much space to stretch into.

seems that he does yes, but this is not the case

he doesn't control stretch at all actually, he lets it roam free

what he does control is the starting height of the plant and this is essential

because each of the different strains stretch different amounts

so what he did was......

after growing the strain a few times he determined the optimum height to start the clone at so that it would end up at just the right finishing height

its all about the starting size bro

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
this is what I have now.

its 2x1000w hps air cooled lamps, completely organic with Blazeoneups organic mix. I'll be using 1gallon bags to flower in.

It's also a sealed room with co2.

Latest posts

Latest posts