What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Connoisseur Genetics Seeds The 90's Haze

UncleBens

Yes - VERY nice :) Im waiting for them to properly dry and cure before doing a report but I have smoked a few crispy bits :)
Its tasty and full of complex aromas already but I know from experience with similar plants that they reach perfection with about 6 to 8 weeks in the jars. They already have some incense and woody, leather. It was barely noticeable on the first but by sampling bits I find its getting stronger by the day. I reckon this will be amazing in as little as 2 weeks time and better after that.
Theres the floral smells I remember from Nevilles and one has a fuel smell that is EXACTLY like an NYCD I had decades ago (and wish id kept lol)

No, this ain't the report, Ill be back cos this stuff aint ready for judging but I can already tell you its a winner. As it is, it on par or better than most haze hybrid strains out there and with a bit of cure, I bet it will be outstanding.

Ill add some pictures of the purple one tomorrow.. I jarred it today, looks beautiful :)

What was the yield like, and what was the flowering time in the end?:)

Spaventa

Veteran
Flowering time on the ones I found were between 11 and 12 weeks.
They got flipped when they were 12" tall and each yielded about 2 oz.

The calyx to leaf ratio is great and they grow straight so you could plant them densely in SOG and get good yield of big easy trimming buds.

The Quality is as expected - Connoisseur! After a good slow dry and a few weeks cure they are right up there. The 90s NLHaze aroma is clear and loud in one of the three, another is unique and indescribable really and the third is fuel, shoe polish and hash.
All three have strong balanced buzz but smoking it late at night will keep you up :)
I highly recommend growing the 90s Haze and I might go through some more at some stage because the selection of terpenes I got suggest the strain is a trove of olfactory treasures.

Top work OJD :tiphat:

G

Spaventa,thanks for all the info!So,you didn't find an incense individual this round?Not that it is a big matter to me,I'm mainly interested about quality of effects and that seems to be spot on :)

Spaventa

Veteran
Spaventa,thanks for all the info!So,you didn't find an incense individual this round?Not that it is a big matter to me,I'm mainly interested about quality of effects and that seems to be spot on :)

One has some incense, church, piff call it what you will :) Thats my favourite one and disappearing fast! Its NOT the purple one though!
Its this one
picture.php

These are nice too. Purple one is like Lime, but not! The other green one is the shoe polish fuel them one
picture.php
picture.php

Spaventa

Veteran
On the yield.. I had an NYCD that grew exactly like these guys and would have given me about the same done the same way but like that plant, I know that if you vegged these you could get great harvests because the light penetrates to the lower buds because so sparsely leafed. Theres no popcorn and no scruff - its all bag appeal here lol
The flowering time on the girls I found is what Id work on in looking through more 90s Haze - I know theres 10 seekers in there because others have found them.

UncleBens

On the yield.. I had an NYCD that grew exactly like these guys and would have given me about the same done the same way but like that plant, I know that if you vegged these you could get great harvests because the light penetrates to the lower buds because so sparsely leafed. Theres no popcorn and no scruff - its all bag appeal here lol
The flowering time on the girls I found is what Id work on in looking through more 90s Haze - I know theres 10 seekers in there because others have found them.

I was planning to get a pack of fem SSSDH but they seem to be out of stock everywhere so I think im going to go with 90's haze :)
What was the stretch like on them?

Spaventa

Veteran
I was planning to get a pack of fem SSSDH but they seem to be out of stock everywhere so I think im going to go with 90's haze :)
What was the stretch like on them?

Big inter-nodes are genetic on mine but very little vertical growth after week 6. They went up maybe another 6" from there to maybe 3ft by week 12ish

These ones I found are getting incredible with cure. The flavours are really there now. I like the ones I got this time but I might have to go through some more of them, see what else there is - from these ones I suspect theres something incredible lurking inside one of those packs.

UncleBens

Thanks for the response mate! Ive always avoided growing proper haze type plants so have no idea how they will behave, appreciate you sharing your experience!
I found some SSSDH seeds but I think I will go with the 90's first anyway!

Spaventa

Veteran
Thanks for the response mate! Ive always avoided growing proper haze type plants so have no idea how they will behave, appreciate you sharing your experience!
I found some SSSDH seeds but I think I will go with the 90's first anyway!

90s Haze isn't a proper Haze as such - its a Haze hybrid so easy and much quicker to grow - ideal for first go if your used to 9 week strains.
90s will go a few weeks longer than typical sat/indica hybrids and give you more haze terpenes and high but still nice chunky buds covered in frost :)

Spaventa

Veteran
Got a pack of these the other day, going to soak them shortly :yes:

Please run a diary or update in this thread?

edit - i just got a flash back to smoking my preferred 90s and kinda miss her.. i might have to pencil some into my diary myself. The ultimate one is yet to be found. I will be old NL5Haze terpenes with SSSDH structure and finish, really hope you find her in yours :)

UncleBens

edit - i just got a flash back to smoking my preferred 90s and kinda miss her.. i might have to pencil some into my diary myself. The ultimate one is yet to be found. I will be old NL5Haze terpenes with SSSDH structure and finish, really hope you find her in yours :)

I hope I find that too...

Ill start a thread once they get a little more interesting, probably in a month or so. :yes:

Last edited:

Ncali

Veteran
Not working as intended...

Not working as intended...

attachment.php

I have something of the opposite going right now. Indica plant structure, lemon lime terps reminiscent of sssdh. Long petiole, like the two other csg cookies crosses I've grown. Bud structure is sssdh too so far, stacking calyxes. Just a more chunky version of sssdh nuggets. Kind of reminds me of SD. Any way you cut it, I was hoping for a hazy hazy version... Kind of got the opposite. A very indica representation. I like it, but not what I expected. She's pretty, and frosty. Also has singular calyx on the leaf mutation, a trait I've seen on mostly haze hybrids before. Strange.

NC

Attachments

• 20180206_214124.jpg
    20180206_214124.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 36

UncleBens

View Image
I have something of the opposite going right now. Indica plant structure, lemon lime terps reminiscent of sssdh. Long petiole, like the two other csg cookies crosses I've grown. Bud structure is sssdh too so far, stacking calyxes. Just a more chunky version of sssdh nuggets. Kind of reminds me of SD. Any way you cut it, I was hoping for a hazy hazy version... Kind of got the opposite. A very indica representation. I like it, but not what I expected. She's pretty, and frosty. Also has singular calyx on the leaf mutation, a trait I've seen on mostly haze hybrids before. Strange.

NC

Pretty nice looking plant either way though :)
How many weeks into flower is she there?

Ncali

Veteran
It's about 5 weeks here. Stretch was very minimal, next time I'll let her veg and develop more structure to promote better yields.

NC

Spaventa

Veteran
View Image

NC

As i said, mine had SSSDH structure so thats the same. Also there was one I thought was lime smelling during growth but it was't like that when it was done. Theres some Haze aromas in some phenotypes but all of mine looked indica too. I had one phenotype that was incensey haze but I think the SSSDH type terpenes are more dominant in most specimens.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

UncleBens

Would these do well in a SOG setup? I have a .9m x.9m tent I could use for them, was planning to do 3 rows of 3 flowered from rooted cuttings.

Spaventa

Veteran
Yes. Mine weren’t bushy and finished short. Those in the pictures were grown in a laundry cupboard.
I said at the time that I could have packed them in denser... 1/sq.ft. even

Spaventa

Veteran
Yeah they had a really good leaf/calyx ratio - very few leaves and hardly any side branching. The buds at the bottom were as chunky and ripe as the tops. Was done under CMH. Good luck with them :)

I will add that all had complex, exotic, top shelf aromas - nothing ordinary or generic "weed" about the scents when cured and smoked through glass and water - "Connoisseur" isn't just a random tag, OJD delivers :)