Spaventa

Veteran
Through the looking glass :tiphat:
picture.php
picture.php

Spaventa

Veteran
Those look great!!

Thanks. I was recommended to get these for a specific trait I was asking about in a thread - Frankincense type Dutch Haze aroma. As good as they look it will ALL be down to the smell it leaves in room. I'm optimistic as it was bred from an NL5xHaze clone from the 1990s so should be what Im hoping for.
Im chasing the experience I had with GHS Nevils Haze back in 2003. I REALLY should have kept a mother but didn't and have never had anything since that was anything like as potent and full on in that church funk dept. It was so strong in those NH it could put some of my friends off - too musky, too funky for them lol

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow spaventa
really nice work
looking amazing
guaranteed to leave that Frankincense filled in the air

peace

Spaventa

Veteran
wow spaventa
really nice work
looking amazing
guaranteed to leave that Frankincense filled in the air

peace

Thanks man and right back at ya - these have been a joy to grow. All I did was watch and water, the genetics did the rest :)

Im watching trichomes at the moment expecting to chop the purple one soon :woohoo:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you love Haze then this is right up your street
cant wait to hear what you think

peace

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
great job Spaventa bro. im watching your frankincense hunt. beautiful plants! with huge calyxes. i cant also wait to read your smoke report. keep it up!

Spaventa

Veteran
great job Spaventa bro. im watching your frankincense hunt. beautiful plants! with huge calyxes. i cant also wait to read your smoke report. keep it up!

Thanks bro, I see from your albums your a Haze seeker too :)

Im basically chasing memories of 2 plants I lost because I didn't realise how special they were and wasn't careful enough. Those 2 plants are what Im trying to replace and Ive been through a lot - years of growing Hazes and tropical and south American sativa hybrids and YET to find anything like as frankincense haze as those two. I won't cry about it though because they did set the bar very high and some of the things I tried were nice enough to smoke. Its not exactly the worst search to have to be doing really :biggrin:

G

Stellar outcome Spaventa!Will be following for the smoke report,I got 2 fem for a first try of CG,seeing your plants made me happy for the purchase.:)

Spaventa

Veteran
Thanks guys. I harvested last night :)

Happy Times - yes its a true purple plant. Day and night temps are within 7 degrees and its never been over 28 or less the 20. That is only one that purpled and its even more purple since those pictures. The calyxes are purple and it even has blood red trichomes :)
When I started handling her she stunk up of berries. Cherry possibly blackcurrant but the darker berry aromas. Its drying now and looks amazing.

The Phoenix - Glad to spread the word about Connoisseur Genetics. I just finished Girl Scout Haze Cookies too and that stuff is awesome also so id say you can't go wrong with OJDs stuff :)

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
excellent grow spaventa

look forward to when you taste them of your thoughts

peace

Spaventa

Veteran
Hi Spaventa!:)Any first impressions?

Yes - VERY nice :) Im waiting for them to properly dry and cure before doing a report but I have smoked a few crispy bits :)
Its tasty and full of complex aromas already but I know from experience with similar plants that they reach perfection with about 6 to 8 weeks in the jars. They already have some incense and woody, leather. It was barely noticeable on the first but by sampling bits I find its getting stronger by the day. I reckon this will be amazing in as little as 2 weeks time and better after that.
Theres the floral smells I remember from Nevilles and one has a fuel smell that is EXACTLY like an NYCD I had decades ago (and wish id kept lol)

No, this ain't the report, Ill be back cos this stuff aint ready for judging but I can already tell you its a winner. As it is, it on par or better than most haze hybrid strains out there and with a bit of cure, I bet it will be outstanding.

Ill add some pictures of the purple one tomorrow.. I jarred it today, looks beautiful :)

G

Yes,I know it is not proper to judge yet,but some gems shine from the start!Glad it looks like this way.:tiphat: