What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Congratulations California! Cannabis Legalization is here!

120Octane

Hop on insta gram look up beard brothers pharms. Look for Steve DiAngelo's pic. The self proclaimed hippy doing the work for the patiants done sold out. Its not monsanto you need to worry about or corporate farms. How about a hippie that thinks canna is his hahahhaha. Boom the snakes are showing themselves.

Brother Nature

I think this is great, I lived in Cali when it was still very illegal and actually can't go back easily because of this fact, but regardless I am proud of my home state. Sure there will be flaws, anything that a mass organization (government) controls can't please everyone, but I think a lot of the detractors are forgetting (or maybe never experienced) some of what it used to be like. Big marijuana probably will strip a lot of the integrity out of the industry and that does suck for places like Humboldt or the boutique grower, but when big marijuana was controlled by those in the black market it was a lot worse.

Hopefully, current legalization from states will convince the federal government to change their minds which I believe will have a knock on effect globally, we're already seeing real discussion starting down in my neck of the world. This could be noting but positive, imagine being able to go on an international vacation and never having to part with that strain you've been perfecting for the last 3 years. Imagine being able to freely and openly breed that with your friends bud on the other side of the earth? I just think it's all going in the direction we've all secretly dreamed about for years. It's definitely going to take some fine tuning, but how amazing is it that we have seen recreational cannabis legalized in the 6th largest economy worldwide? In a country that's not exactly known globally for it's 'progression'. I'm probably just over high, but felt like I had to put my 2 cents in because I'm still somewhat in awe that bud is legal anywhere. :biggrin::woohoo:

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
Hopefully this will push it far enough that the industry will finally be able to use banking institutions. Worlds largest economy and still dealing cash !!?

Wendull C.

Veteran
SWfarms beat me too it. All you hippies are celebrating too quickly. Who is afraid of the big bad wolf?....

shaggyballs

Veteran
I am sorry to say I told you this would happen!

And now that you have registered, they know who you are, where you are, and have a good idea how much you are/were growing.
The feds will soon be cracking down on the competition.
Home grows will be eliminated, and all underground growers will be prosecuted to the limit of the law!

Sessions issued an order demanding them to pursue the most serious charges possible against most suspects.
Source:
https://apnews.com/19f6bfec15a74733b40eaf0ff9162bfa?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Vote no to legalize before it is too late!

Wendull C.

Veteran
I am sorry to say I told you this would happen!

And now that you have registered, they know who you are, where you are, and have a good idea how much you are/were growing.
The feds will soon be cracking down on the competition.
Home grows will be eliminated, and all underground growers will be prosecuted to the limit of the law!

Sessions issued an order demanding them to pursue the most serious charges possible against most suspects.
Source:
https://apnews.com/19f6bfec15a74733b40eaf0ff9162bfa?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Vote no to legalize before it is too late!

Yep, we were semi safe with prop. 215. Now its bend over for the long dick of the law again. But, but , but, they said it was legalized. Lmfao, im flmao still. Keep voting in dumb shit laws. It will all work out. Lmfao.

Last edited:
this stuff already happens all the time although its not as much of a systematic process yet. permits are pretty easy to get for small scale in certain counties i guess...spoke with a guy in the hydro shop i work at today and he said he paid like $600 and has a clone nursery permit and a cultivation permit.

Where Is that?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
california's 2018 "legalization" is total bullshit. They wrote in a loophole which still allows any city or county in the state to ban cannabis cultivation and sales if they feel like it.

over 75% of california counties have banned all recreational cannabis activity since "legalization" was passed last year. Thousands of farms and grow-ops have to shut down. hundreds of dispensaries may have to close.

It is now still a felony to possess or grow over a certain amount; the penalty is jail time.

prop64 and "legalization" was mostly just a publicity stunt to placate the california voters on the issue of cannabis, as well as a ploy for increased government/corporate control of cannabis production.

most of the new tax money from recreational cannabis sales will be funneled into law enforcement to crack to down on all the now-banned "black market" growers and distributors

the battle is far from won. it just got much worse here in cali. just my opinion

eazy_SWAGGER365

I was behind prop 64 when I first read about it. But as I did more research I felt that it was just not the way we thought it was going to be. And when Trump was already projected to be the presidential winner I decided to vote a big NO

I told everyone that I could to vote no. They thought I was playing. Some of the smokers understood, but the new smokers and non smokers thought I was kidding. Nope. I think the majority fell into all the hoopla. The government played the people well with this one.

I haven't posted in awhile. This is how strongly I believe this has all brought just more negativity. Smoking since 1992 and this is not how anyone ever imagined legalization. What needs to be fought is the declassification from a schedule 1 drug. Federal law can see that but just need to own up to the fact that they fucked up in 1930s. They know it was all class related with a bunch of bigots in charge.

I refuse to have my ID scanned nor register myself on any system to smoke. Bright side is that Ca has always been 420 friendly. whether it's legal or not we are going to smoke regardless. Shit maybe now I may smoke my buddie's father -in-laws home grown. Maybe it's the extra tax.....but it doesn't seem like it's freedom at all.

I know it's been said but we need to fight to get this off the schedule 1 list. That's the real fight. Because saying "I'm gonna go and smoke a bit of the heroin" and " Let me take a took of this weed" is totally equal right? :sarcasm:

Prop 215 will be missed

Wendull C.

Veteran
california's 2018 "legalization" is total bullshit. They wrote in a loophole which still allows any city or county in the state to ban cannabis cultivation and sales if they feel like it.

over 75% of california counties have banned all recreational cannabis activity since "legalization" was passed last year. Thousands of farms and grow-ops have to shut down. hundreds of dispensaries may have to close.

It is now still a felony to possess or grow over a certain amount; the penalty is jail time.

prop64 and "legalization" was mostly just a publicity stunt to placate the california voters on the issue of cannabis, as well as a ploy for increased government/corporate control of cannabis production.

most of the new tax money from recreational cannabis sales will be funneled into law enforcement to crack to down on all the now-banned "black market" growers and distributors

the battle is far from won. it just got much worse here in cali. just my opinion

You opinion is spot on imo, Screws.

theJointedOne

Veteran
I won't be buying any Northern California outdoor this season at all! $150 an ounce or no. If you like fire smoked pot, you'll like CA outdoor this season! :)

BTW, I stocked up on my neighbor's excellent organic pot harvest (at $100 a z) just before the fires! Should last another month or so, then it's indoor until next harvest I guess.

Oh, the reason? All the toxins that went airborne during the big fires last fall. And it's STILL fire season out there (now it's year round). I'm sure even light dep grows were affected as the smoke lasted for weeks. Hard to tell what is safe to smoke....

incorrect information

fuck prop 64

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
This is the price we all pay for clean, regulated, safe, legal weed.

I started smoking in the early 70's, and I never bought a bag of 'unsafe' weed, ever, up to today.

Tainted weed is the big boogie man that's scaring everybody into this twisted version of legalization in the first place.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
“They've outlawed the number one vegetable on the planet.”- Timothy Leary

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Humboldt County cannabiz looks back on first week of pot sales.
http://www.times-standard.com/article/NJ/20180106/NEWS/180109914

.....Honeydew Farms LLC co-owner Alex Moore said he had received around 30 of the cannabis cultivation licenses he applied for from the state for his 6-acre farm.

Because the state limits a cultivator to having one license that allows up to 1 acre until 2023, Moore said he has had to obtain several smaller cultivation licenses in order to get his farm fully permitted. The application fees and licensing fees have cost him $100,000 more than he would had to pay if the medium license limit didn’t exist, Moore said.

While Moore said he has been the target of scrutiny by some in the industry because of the size of his farm, he said that he is trying to compete with other areas like the Central Valley where large-scale industrial grows are expected to become licensed.

“Quite frankly we’re wondering how we can compete with that,” Moore said. “We share the same anxiety as many people in the industry are. Is this business model going to work? I don’t know.”

While the new state regulations have significantly increased costs of business and changed everything from worker safety standards to how cannabis is able to move throughout the market, Moore said that to be part of the end of prohibition is both historic and exciting.

“I think that Humboldt has a pretty big existing industry here and I think that we have a lot of great opportunities,” Moore said.

It's a little better for a low key smoker just because it's "legal" for conversation sake but, I basically agree with what Shcrews said.

VelocityRecept

california's 2018 "legalization" is total bullshit.

not what you said in thread.

They wrote in a loophole which still allows any city or county in the state to ban cannabis cultivation and sales if they feel like it.

Lol. 100 native plants right ?

over 75% of california counties have banned all recreational cannabis activity since "legalization" was passed last year.

or just the reversal part. 100 extra + instant ban. u want that part with you over 2 next people. see ur not it.

Thousands of farms and grow-ops have to shut down. hundreds of dispensaries may have to close.

the old women chooses to talk this way often.

so ur saying its smart now for them to bust you and before not? thats the other team. ur suppose to be on its smart to grow smart.

Lol. nice threads.

congrats on the kid house and truck

seems wrong.

Lol.

Your "culture" of contraband money is coming to an end and over.

Millions/Billions of people are now going to enjoy legal cannabis.. We can walk into a store and buy it for a reasonable price= a non-inflated contraband price. We can grow a few plants in our basements or yards and not have to worry about storm troopers kicking in our doors.

Sorry about your loss of profit, actually I am not sorry. The freedom of billions of people is much more important then the profit of a few illegal growers.

If illegal contraband and growing is "all we know" then you guys have to switch products like the Mexican cartels have done.