What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Congratulations California! Cannabis Legalization is here!

B

bigganjabud

:woohoo:

At last. I waited for California to legalize recreational cannabis since I first moved here in 1973, so that's 45 yrs...

Hallelujah!

Here's to all the activists who got us here!!! :tiphat:

Skipper can ya smoke a fatty for the uk collective please and put out some legal smoke on our draconian cannabis law

onefinity

I walked into a "legal" dispensary today- and they wanted to scan my drivers license and put my name into a computer system- I declined and left. I won't be participating. How come they didn't mention that when they told everyone how great prop 64 was? I don't need to get my name added to a system to buy a case of beer...

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Everyone in cali gets to grow 4 plants, maybe they come here to learn how?

Maybe the people who scored the licenses will?
Berkeley Patients still got those legal $60 1/8's, Yo and some outdoor zips for $105 too.
Must be where all them $400 units ended up.

Check out the new packaging that legalized weed will give us, cat food jars.
the catfood brand was $35 an 1/8th.
picture.php

these were $55
picture.php

This is what the beginnings of big canna look like and when Monsanto buys it up it will be called Gavita, and Marley Natural or something similar.

When your head stops spinning in a few years it will be over and they will be building new prisons for all the black market busts that don't have prop 215 to hide behind.

Weed growers be praying Sessions comes and stops this quick while you can still get paid for smuggling.

Joesey's trademark must have scared these guys good, they re-branded their $60 1/8ths as Super Glue!
better be super for those prices!
picture.php

the $105 zips of 22% Pineapple kush look pretty good for that ticket.
get it while the state is still allowing unregistered product to enter the stores.
picture.php

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I declined and left. I won't be participating. How come they didn't mention that when they told everyone how great prop 64 was?
I don't need to get my name added to a system to buy a case of beer...

:yeahthats

When your head stops spinning in a few years it will be over and they will be building new prisons for all the black market busts that don't have prop 215 to hide behind.
:yeahthats that too.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:woohoo:

At last. I waited for California to legalize recreational cannabis since I first moved here in 1973, so that's 45 yrs...

Hallelujah!

Here's to all the activists who got us here!!! :tiphat:

Happy for the idea...
Abhor the execution!

Cali had it way better as a purely med state!

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
If you're in California and you're happy, I'm happy for you,
but legalization I'm seeing happen is nothing like what I imagined happening when I dreamed of it in the 70's...

I can almost see the day coming when they find your weed growing, they don't bust you for weed.
They bust you for tax evasion, and put the IRS on your ass..

The IRS can ruin your life far worse than the DEA can... and they will.

Skip

Veteran
First, I think LEO is going to be very busy monitoring compliance in licensed shops (although other agencies are supposed to do that). Yes, they may still get some Green Harvest money from the feds if there are still illegal grows in the forests.

I predict the black market will still exist because so many places are banning dispensaries and outdoor grows completely. (I don't think they can ban indoor grows if you own your own house, but they might need to comply with regulations)

So don't expect the black market to disappear completely in Cali like it did in Colorado (supposedly). Already, I see prices going up due to the new taxes and regulations. So long as ppl can undercut the legal mkt with quality it will thrive here, and perhaps even GROW, as new cannabis consumers realize they can't afford the habit legally. So the options are grow it yourself or purchase from your local grower/dealer for as much as 50% less (taxes are estimated to add 35% to the retail price).

Also realize that these laws are always subject to change as time goes on.

Legalization was never going to be treating cannabis like any other plant, where you could just do whatever you want with it.

This is the price we all pay for clean, regulated, safe, legal weed.

But if you don't care about any of that, then there is the unregulated, unsafe, chemical and toxin infused pot that dominates the black market.

Not saying there aren't very conscious growers out there (and on IC!), but I've seen and experienced for so many years marginal weed that I'd rather not have smoked. And some of it came from dispensaries!

Thankfully all the competition (once it catches up with demand), will weed out the bad actors and those who don't have their shit together.

I'm just happy to know that I don't need to renew my medical recommendation anymore and just the act of possessing cannabis no longer makes me a criminal in the eyes of the law.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
What about City of Los Angeles?

What about City of Los Angeles?

I don’t believe that any recreational dispensary’s have been licensed in the City of Los Angeles.

I’m medical, but I’m interested in recreational sales.

If anyone knows more please fill me in.
;:party:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
200 growers permits with 26 of them to one company, Honeydew farms, issued as of today.
many companies with multiple permits 3-5 looks to be about average.

#CashCrop

picture.php

on the bright side Harborside has $150 zips of outdoor elites that look pretty sweet today, wish I was closer.

all the money in the world wont put an ounce of OG in my hands in Bristol County today...

P-NUT

Veteran
The whole legalization things is a scam to rob the poor and get the rich richer. I cant just grow out in the open in my state and theres no way for me to compete with the prices people are charging. My saving grace has been my quality. Lucky for me most ups weed sucks. I seriously dont understand how you could sell a hand trimmed lb for 400. Hell half your money would go to trimmers alone.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
In case you have not noticed, it's the same companies from state to state. The companies that were issued grow permits here in Ohio were called "Ohio Greenleaf" of some such shit.

When I did a search of the principles names, they were also members of Colorado Greenleaf, California Greenleaf, Nevada Greenleaf, etc. Probably a shoot off of Monsanto. LMAO

I'm sure it's like that it all the states. In the end, 5 companies will provide the world's pot. Just like everything else in the world. Probably none of them in America. LOL Israel claims to have a grow facility big enough to supply the entire world. LOL

Hey guys... this is big money. You're going to see big business. The face of cannabis is about to change...... you can fight that, or you can embrace that. If you fight it... you're going to loose.

Skip

Veteran
on the bright side Harborside has $150 zips of outdoor elites that look pretty sweet today, wish I was closer.

all the money in the world wont put an ounce of OG in my hands in Bristol County today...
I won't be buying any Northern California outdoor this season at all! $150 an ounce or no. If you like fire smoked pot, you'll like CA outdoor this season! :)

BTW, I stocked up on my neighbor's excellent organic pot harvest (at $100 a z) just before the fires! Should last another month or so, then it's indoor until next harvest I guess.

Oh, the reason? All the toxins that went airborne during the big fires last fall. And it's STILL fire season out there (now it's year round). I'm sure even light dep grows were affected as the smoke lasted for weeks. Hard to tell what is safe to smoke, although your nose should give a hint.

I once bought a bottle of wine called "Firehouse Red" from a vineyard in the Redwoods. It was very smoky and nearly undrinkable, as those grapes had been thru fires that year. So I learned my lesson.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually this was the least smokey season in my county for about 5 years . Clean green pot here :) Two big areas in Cali burned .. the rest of us got off pretty easy this year.

cryptop

200 growers permits with 26 of them to one company, Honeydew farms, issued as of today.
many companies with multiple permits 3-5 looks to be about average.

#CashCrop

View Image

Did anyone watch the CNBC show "The Profit" last night, about Humboldt? They specifically talked with the owners of Honeydew Farms... who complained about the prospect of growers expanding too fast and the market saturating... while they live on a 900 acre ranch and have 26 permits, lol. Also they had a huge problem with russet mites I guess, was surprised they put that in the show

Jackstraw215

If you're in California and you're happy, I'm happy for you,
but legalization I'm seeing happen is nothing like what I imagined happening when I dreamed of it in the 70's...

I can almost see the day coming when they find your weed growing, they don't bust you for weed.
They bust you for tax evasion, and put the IRS on your ass..

The IRS can ruin your life far worse than the DEA can... and they will.

this stuff already happens all the time although its not as much of a systematic process yet. permits are pretty easy to get for small scale in certain counties i guess...spoke with a guy in the hydro shop i work at today and he said he paid like $600 and has a clone nursery permit and a cultivation permit.

Top_shelf_farms

I won't be buying any Northern California outdoor this season at all! $150 an ounce or no. If you like fire smoked pot, you'll like CA outdoor this season! :)

BTW, I stocked up on my neighbor's excellent organic pot harvest (at $100 a z) just before the fires! Should last another month or so, then it's indoor until next harvest I guess.

Oh, the reason? All the toxins that went airborne during the big fires last fall. And it's STILL fire season out there (now it's year round). I'm sure even light dep grows were affected as the smoke lasted for weeks. Hard to tell what is safe to smoke, although your nose should give a hint.

I once bought a bottle of wine called "Firehouse Red" from a vineyard in the Redwoods. It was very smoky and nearly undrinkable, as those grapes had been thru fires that year. So I learned my lesson.
A few small areas of fire and smoke damage and skip claims all norcal weed is fucked.... what a kook...