What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Congo

scaramanga

They're looking nice and resinous Seismic. Did you pull them at 8 weeks or are you going to let them go a little longer.

1000ARMSofKALI

one shot of that congo bud reminds me bangi flowers bit..., hey Seismic, all is looking yummy yummy...enjoy that clear high..

kali

S

Seismic

ras pablo- thanks a lot man, i'm definitely surprised at how much resin these ladies are starting to pack on:joint:

Kali- It'll be nice having some clear energetic smoke to start the day off with. Take care dude:joint:

S

Seismic

Small update for day 57. I checked the trichs of both plants under a 100x scope, and they both seem to be about 95% cloudy, and 5% clear.

I got a question for you dubi, for peak potency, what would you suggest harvesting the trichs at? Will the additional two weeks on top of the 8 week point they are at today end up taking the plant to far with the amber trichs, or will they stay cloudy, and possibly beef up more than they are? Thanks for the help man.

Couple shots:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

S

Seismic

niice shots seismic! she looks frosty and potent!

Thanks a lot gkn, I snipped a tiny nug off the very bottom of the congo's this morning to quick dry a sample, to try and see how it's coming along. I was amazed that even a quick low heat oven dried sample had a very uplifting high which lasted about 2 hours. I can only imagine how they will be after a proper cure and dry:joint:

L

Lilly456

Those Congo look great, I can almost smell the sweetness here at my key board.I had only 1 female out of 10 but the room had 40+ seedlings and I ended up with 21 females inall, including 6 OE so I can't complain.i took a bunch of cuts from the Congo girl and I'm going to use the best looking male to pollinate my ECSD cut and a few others.i figured the vigor of the Congo sure couldn't hurt any cross!!!Here's to a flavorfull finish...Chaco, aka, Lilly456.:joint::joint:

S

Seismic

The congo and ecsd cross sounds pretty tasty to me chaco:joint: Best of luck with your selections, take care:joint:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm chomping @ the bit to wet my Congo beans, but will hold off @ least a month.
So bummed I lost my Apollo males. I may have to crack some more. :chin:
I love Apollo, and would love a male to hit up the more exotic sativa's I soon plan to pop.
Just picked up a fem Destroyer 5 pk @ auction. :bashhead: (cause I need more beans like a hole in the head!) Never tried fems before, but it was too reasonable a deal to by-pass! Destroyer's rep is too tempting!

Just love how those are turning out for you, Seismic!
Has the hermie problem straightened out now that they're back on schedule?
Just don't really see any sign of it in the pics, so I hope it was very minor.

S

Seismic

Thanks Highlighter, yea I was able to take care of the nanner situation, and only the odd nanner pops up now and then. Not as close as bad as it could have been, if I didn't go through and pick all the little ones off in their early stages.

That sucks about Apollo, as I have heard great things about that strain. What the genetics on that one again?

Im sure though, that you will find something nice in the destroyers. I was tempted to get those a while back, but ended up getting a pack of MOD bx instead, which has destroyer in it.

What's your take on letting these girls go longer, since the trichs are all at cloudy already, even on the lower nugs? I haven't had a whole lot of experience with these longer flowering girls, and I just want to make sure I don't take them past their prime, and ruin the great sativa buzz.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What's your take on letting these girls go longer, since the trichs are all at cloudy already
I don't have much experience w/ the longer-flowering sativas, but reading the trichs can't be any different? :confused:
I usually pic when I start seeing any amber.
I'm all for picking for an up high, but too early = short lived high, not up to the plant's potential.
If I plan on running a plant/strain more than once, I will take down the initial plant in stages, so as to compare the day 58 vs the day 70, etc. :wink:

What the genetics on that one again?
Bit of a mystery, seeds came from a bud of Jack Herer bought in an A-dam coffeeshop. One bean was 'Princess', which became 'Cinderella' down the line.
Another seed was 'Genius' and that was crossed with Cindy to produce Apollo. Very quick flowering sativa dom strain, I love the clear high, great for doing things! :D

scaramanga

Hi Seismic, they look nice. I would suggest that you let them go a little longer, wait for them to swell just a little more. I've found this is particularly important with sats as they tend to produce a good amount of resins and terpenes towards the end. Try picking a bud every few ( 3-4) days and check at which stage you prefer them.:2cents:

Highlighter, sad to hear about your A11, I agree, it's definitely a great plant to cross with longer flowering sats. I hope you find a nice male soon.

S

Seismic

Will do scaramanga, I'll try to let them hit the 10 week mark. I did try a little nug off the bottom two days ago, and it had a really great uplifting high, and lasted about 2 hours. Not too bad, for it being quick dried in the oven, and the fact that my tolerance is pretty high. Take care man, ill continue to update:joint:

-Highlighter- the apollo sounds pretty good, hopefully you will have great luck with the remaining seeds.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot gkn, I snipped a tiny nug off the very bottom of the congo's this morning to quick dry a sample, to try and see how it's coming along. I was amazed that even a quick low heat oven dried sample had a very uplifting high which lasted about 2 hours. I can only imagine how they will be after a proper cure and dry:joint:

Im glad to hear you enjoyed the early congo sample Seismic :smile:

Congo usually needs 9 weeks to reach her peak of potency, but harvested a few days earlier provides a more energetic clean effect, if you let her mature 9 weeks or more then high turns denser and more psychedelic.

S

Seismic

Cool, good to know dubi, I think I will probably pull the ladies at the 9week mark then. Thanks again for making this cool strain availble to everyone, take care:joint:

gkn

seismic i had a similar experience with the OT Haze, when sampling a little bud before harvest, amazing clean high. and how would be with proper dry and cure...!

i think scaramangas advice hit the spot!! thats exactly what i did this year with the hazes..

saludos amigos!

S

Seismic

gkn- thanks dude, and take care

leangreen- definitely, I chopped them down this morning, so I will have some nice dry shots, and a initial smoke report as soon as their done drying:joint: