What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Congo

T

THE PABLOS

Recieved my Congo yesterday

Recieved my Congo yesterday

Ok....I'm in. I've been looking at these on the boo for months and finally pulled the trigger. I'll start them this very day....10 drop...looking for boyz and girlz. I appreciate you folks for making these available....and it seems I'll be in good company. Peace...pablos Edit: should read: Received not Recieved...it's early and I'm illiterate and not real smart...

C

charlie garcia

Coming out beautiful, lots of "hairs", hope they finish as expected and you enjoy its smoke
best

S

Seismic

Thanks charlie, unfortunately I had a light timer go out on me for 3-4 days, and it caused both congo's to herm pretty badly all over. I am going to keep them going until I got some new seedlings ready to go in. It looks like I will forced to pull them at 8 weeks, hopefully they won't be too immature. Take care charlie:joint:

S

Seismic

Here is a small update for the congo's, as they continue to swell it's more clear that almost the entire plant was affected in both cases. It's a real shame, as they are starting too look otherwise really nice:joint:

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here is a small update for the congo's, as they continue to swell it's more clear that almost the entire plant was affected in both cases. It's a real shame, as they are starting too look otherwise really nice:joint:

picture.php

Good evening Seismic,

Lovely indoor sativas, it's a pitty you had hermie signs after the light problem, congo is not an hermie problematic strain when grown indoors without major stress, outdoors there's no problem. Anyway they look real beautiful and good luck for next round !

S

Seismic

Thanks dubi, it just seemed odd that they would both be affected from top to bottom after just a 3 day upset, especially since I am pretty sure I got the other parts of my environment dialed in. Can they react that way from excess nitrogen? I may have given them gh bloom for too long? Im not sure.

But at any rate I will have to pull them early at the 8-9 week mark, as I have to make room for the next round of genetics. Maybe someday I will be able to throw the other congo seeds I got left outdoors, but for now I can't afford taking another yield loss, as I am a med patient. Take care dubi, hope all is well amigo:joint:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Ok....I'm in. I've been looking at these on the boo for months and finally pulled the trigger. I'll start them this very day....10 drop...looking for boyz and girlz. I appreciate you folks for making these available....and it seems I'll be in good company. Peace...pablos Edit: should read: Received not Recieved...it's early and I'm illiterate and not real smart...

Welcome The Pablos,

Hope you enjoy growing our Congo strain, please keep us updated.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks dubi, it just seemed odd that they would both be affected from top to bottom after just a 3 day upset, especially since I am pretty sure I got the other parts of my environment dialed in. Can they react that way from excess nitrogen? I may have given them gh bloom for too long? Im not sure.

But at any rate I will have to pull them early at the 8-9 week mark, as I have to make room for the next round of genetics. Maybe someday I will be able to throw the other congo seeds I got left outdoors, but for now I can't afford taking another yield loss, as I am a med patient. Take care dubi, hope all is well amigo:joint:

Honestly it's rare to find such reaction, i dont think N excess was the problem, maybe excessive photoperiod stress.

Good vibes and best wishes for the next grow.

T

THE PABLOS

Thank you for the welcome

Thank you for the welcome

Dropped these in the shot glass....basically for the picture....then into yogurt cups of loose coco...mix of RO and a little tap ph 6.0....that was on 06/16. The 1st popped 06/18 but never got itself going after that....but so far it looks like a nice strike rate...should have 7 or 8 to work with.

I love sativas...just to get that out of the way. I'm very interested in African genetics....in general but also for my breeding projects. I've been researching this strain: Congo for the better part of the year....I must give kudos to you guys at Ace for giving detailed accounts of your work...that is so helpful to private peeps like me. I respect that a whole lot.

My goals are very very simple. I will select with discrimination from seedling forth to select the best of both the males and females...I'm hoping for 2 males and 3 females as a result...but if there are more or less desired plants so be it. I'll do an incross with those selected survivors(partial pollinations...one branch each) and possibly a couple outcrosses(for sure)...that all depends if somehow I don't derail myself lol....see what happens....pablos

T

THE PABLOS

Starting with 7

Starting with 7

Very vigorous....already caught up on some Wonder Diesel seedlings that were 5-7 daze ahead...yes I am digging on that. I'm feeling these.

S

Seismic

Thanks scaramanga, one smells like zesty onions, while the one in back reeks of bubblegum:joint:

1000ARMSofKALI

High Seismic:wave::wave::wave:,

nice healthy plants i see and killer looking flowers, keep that good job up! bro...

another great indoor manageable sativa from ACE:hotbounce

wish you happy harvest and peace:ying:

S

Seismic

Hey Kali, hows it going man? Thanks for the compliment dude, hopefully despite the herm issues, they'll keep fattening up for a decent harvest. Take care:joint:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks scaramanga, one smells like zesty onions, while the one in back reeks of bubblegum:joint:

Sounds good, Congo smell is a mix of sweet-floral dominant aromas with different pure sativa influences, onion is a rare but interesting terpene profile in cannabis plants

B

BeAn

Sorry to hear of the herms Seismic, hope they fatten up!!:yes:

Here the congo is getting fat cola on top, now fox tailing from the very tip because of proximity to the light, but i have smoked some lower buds, and even without cure it is exactly what i was looking for, cannot wait to have a jar full..:yes:

First time in my experiance that a seed description was bang on, she stayed short, is flowering quick and produce daytime high...:smile:

Ras Pablo

Veteran
Sorry to hear of the herms Seismic, hope they fatten up!!:yes:

Here the congo is getting fat cola on top, now fox tailing from the very tip because of proximity to the light, but i have smoked some lower buds, and even without cure it is exactly what i was looking for, cannot wait to have a jar full..:yes:

First time in my experiance that a seed description was bang on, she stayed short, is flowering quick and produce daytime high...:smile:

Hi Bean!! Nice to hear that you're happy with the Congo. I've never grow them but I've smoked some winter samples and the taste was outsanding.
Wan't to see that girls you have bro!! :)

Saludos