What's new

concentrates

S

shuswap

wax,shadder,butter,whip,sap,amber so many different names for bho ,whats everyone calling it and doing?

Just got back from a week long camping trip on Shuswap lake, outstanding time.......
I got turned onto making BHO about 4 years ago, I was making it from the trim of my harvest, never bud. Haven't really smoked flowers since then, joints seem too smokey for me now. Not too sure what to call what I have been creating, but my friends call it "death". Many of my very experienced, chronic, long time smokers (30+ years) friends are just amazed of the high, nothing like they have ever experienced from smoking cannabis. Cost me about $1 a gram to make. Takes about 50 grams of trim, to get about 7 grams of bho. Which will last me close to 2 months.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 19
S

shuswap

haha u were in my hood,lol

thats whipped budder,still lots of work to do with it,placing it in a vacuum chamber until all the residual hydrocarbons have been removed is freakin good clean bho!

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
been running it , for a min. now, vac chamber upgraded to vac oven , seems like it really is catching on, everyone n their uncle using G pens/ dabbing. You try winterizing ?
IMO if you arnt using a vac to purge U slippin hard , seen some disgusting bho out there.

TS

S

shuswap

looking good teemu have a look at smokingchef83 on instagram,thats some nice looking shittttt

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
wax,shadder,butter,whip,sap,amber so many different names for bho ,whats everyone calling it and doing?

i have to work full time in this industry and wow people are turning in to junkies... I cant keep up.

most of them are essentially butane extracts, but honestly how high do you need to get?

that said, this should allow offshore places who can produce unlimited plant material but have the bottleneck of cannabis size for shipping to start getting in the game again..

that said, this should allow offshore places who can produce unlimited plant material but have the bottleneck of cannabis size for shipping to start getting in the game again..

well, yes and no. depends what kind of product your trying to make. the key to extracts is QUALITY IN = QUALITY OUT.

Those places that are able to grow unlimited plants, they know how to move product... no problems:) some are already making extracts - Look at Morocco for example, they grow unlimited numbers of plants, and make a very valuable extract, HASH, and that extract gets moved all over the world:)

Now Jamaica for example, Id love to see some RICK SIMPSON OIL made from their high grade. Ive been to Jamaica twice, and while I do enjoy smoking their bud, its not the same as what we grow at home. That being said, I feel Jamaican genetics have wicked medical properties that are very different from what is grown in North America.

Extracts are tricky, all strains aren't equal. Lots of trial and error till you get the hang of whats what.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have to work full time in this industry and wow people are turning in to junkies... I cant keep up.

most of them are essentially butane extracts, but honestly how high do you need to get?

Don't get me wrong, I love a good dab of vac purged lovelyness, but it's more of an end of the night gimmick/sleep aid if anything. I don't need another reason to stare at a spot on the wall in the middle of the day.

What pisses me off is the "I don't smoke flowers anymore" attitude that makes me want to shove a rusty pipe into the face of every nose in the air fruitcake that mutters it. As if it were dirty to smoke a natural product instead of a refined, highly processed extract more akin to a pharmaceutical.

And yet most of these people hold pretention to be "organic and natural"..... just more urbanite nonsense contradictions :biggrin:

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
it is dirty to smoke. i dont really appreciate the burnt taste of pot anymore. i was saying i dont smoke the flowers anymore, almost ten years ago :D

Buddha1

Veteran
I'm not a concentrate connoisseur or a Marijuana expert.

I'm just a guy who believes we all need the Marijuana plant. I believe using Cannabis is one of the most natural things in life and that all that use it, benefit from it. Since the only 2 places cannabinoids can/are produced is, within the body naturally and within the Marijuana plant...there are no other known sources(It can't even be reproduced chemically in its full capacity). And since we all have cannabinoid receptors through out our bodies, that connect with the cannabinoids to keep us healthy, that tells me we physically need the plant to keep and remain healthy.

Why else would we have the receptors???

I find it disturbing that we are segregating ourselves based on how we ingest the plant...Flowers, no flowers...I smoke...I eat. Dose it matter that much, we all have our favorite ways to enjoy this miracle of nature, why can't we just leave it at that. I like to think there is no bad way to use Marijuana, just a preferred method, a Marijuana user, is a Marijuana user...Period.

Stop all "Cannabism" and don't be a "Cannabist"...:biggrin:...Its just another form of hate that separates us and weakens us as a culture.

Peace...B

blastfrompast

Veteran
I like BHO from time to time...

I blast and pretty much decarb the BHO down heat purging to try and get as much Butane out as possible...not worth a vac oven for the amount I use.

I have friends who will just blast....and purge till they can scrape whip and put it on parchment with a quick heat gun finish for their pens. Nasty stuff depending on what you think of sucking in butane...

Here is a link if you wanna read more about butane
http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/a?dbs+hsdb%3A%40term+%40DOCNO+944

S

shuswap

heres some diesel that finished this morning

Attachments

• 20140716_123749.jpg
    20140716_123749.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 18

ortsa1

not sure why anyone is using butane still when easy methods of co2 are available its $1 a pound or less to blast co2 to waste