What's new

Concentrate Toys! (what do you smoke out of?)

hammalamma

Veteran
Ok, here is the system HMK whomped up for usn's to try out and we will be posting more about it as we present it to volunteer patient test panels, along with a KO Domeless Nail, and a AT Oil well with skunk Ti wand.

We of course can't unleash anything on the innocent and unwary, so we always make it a point to thoroughly test all new equipment ourselves, and I can tell you that it works slick.

As you can see from the pictures, it is an artistic functional form, that looks like something from the 60's and 70's, sloomping through a Dr Seuss's garden. As I understand it, HMK is the function and his sister is the artistic form behind their aroma therapy artwork.

As you can see, this one has our name on it, imbedded in one of the knobs on either side, which makes it both ambidextrous and handy for passing.

The goose neck is detachable, with a ground taper socket attachment, and the stem extends down into the water reservoir, where it has been formed and perforated to make a diffuser.

In general it is a matured design, that reflects evolution, and has hidden charms. For instance, it is the only system that is at the perfect height to just set my butane torch beside it, instead of having to hold it.

The whole system is petite, minimizing internal surfaces to lose oil to, and skillet is about the right size to hold enough heat for me to get a couple of hits per heating or to share with someone else.

I added the recommended screen at the snauze end, and thus far no reclaim has made it past the goose neck.

Before testing it ourselves, I ran the skillet up to cherry red and let it cool about four times, to build an inert nitrogen and oxygen alpha case, before dabbing it with oil. After some use and runs up above 750F to turn the deposits to CO2, we developed a nice seasoned surface, without the metallic sharpness of fresh Ti.

All five skunk pharmers testing it thus far likes the taste, regardless of what their preferred system might be. Here are some pictures:
Nice work HK!:tiphat:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
KO Domeless Nail

KO Domeless Nail

Skunk Pharm Research received four KO Domeless nails for testing, which we did our initial trials on without a water pipe. After I had some adapters made for our skunk pipes, we followed up with water cooled trials.

The KO Domeless Nail differs from other nails, in that the stem is hollow, and the vapors are drawn through the stem, as opposed to around it.

The center of the nail head is raised, so that the nail head provides a reservoir around it, and the nail sits it what appears to be a tapered vitrified alumina ceramic sleeve.

The dauber is run around the inside of the heated nail head, and the vapors are drawn down through the hollow stem without a dome being required.

Before testing, I ran the nail head up to cherry red about four times and let it cool in between, to build up an inert nitrogen/oxygen alpha case and during testing, cooked it out a few times, after pooling left residue.

After seasoning, all testers thus far agree that the flavor is good and the nail head has enough mass to retain enough heat that you can get a second hit, or share with a friend. It is functionally designed by an engineering student of the current era, and embodies space age materials both for the nail and the ceramic cup

More after we've had a chance to present them to volunteer patient test panels, and after I have a modified down tube made, to eliminate the adapter I previously made, so as to lower the bowl back down closer to eye level.

Here are pictures of the two components, as well as the assembly perched atop a skunk pipe, using an adapter. As you can see, the adapter was a bad idea and what I need to do is make a custom down tube, with the correct taper.

Attachments

• KO Domeless Nail components-1-1.jpg
    KO Domeless Nail components-1-1.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 13
  • KO Domeless Nail components-2-1.jpg
    KO Domeless Nail components-2-1.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 11
  • KO Domeless Nail-3-1.jpg
    KO Domeless Nail-3-1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 19
  • KO Domeless Nail-4-1.jpg
    KO Domeless Nail-4-1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 11

Ok_nobody

Sleek 2 Chamber 19 mil inline/mushroom with an extension with a showerhead in it...

Attachments

• IMAG0020
    IMAG0020
    52.7 KB · Views: 17
My HMK curve broke (yes he knows, yes I'm getting a new one) and I'm in pretty good with a lot of ppl on the scene here and was gifted a vapor swing made from a different glassblower/artist NOT HMK, and I'm so disappointed. While the bell was nice with a little lip, the ti pad was thin and round and it makes my oil taste like crap. I seasoned and heated and cooled my new curve like I had the HMK curve, even I wrote HMK a PM saying how his curve doesn't hide any flaws in bad oil. This new curve made by a local glassblower and was 200$ (bartered) and I can barely use it because the oil tastes like ass. Same bong, stem, different curve. I can't wait to get my new HMK all in 1 curve, as my bday is coming up. I don't go through all the trouble to make the best tasting oil I can to have it taste like garbage. I would have been super pissed if I had paid $200 for this POS temporary ti curve. Yes it looks nicer, but it doesn't work nearly as well in the flavor dept as HMK, now I know why the guys at the glass shop are all I can't believe you smoke off Ti... well it's HMK's Ti not this bs Ti, no wonder titanium is getting a bad name for enjoying erl or concentrates or WTF ever you want to call it. I used some of the newer electronic concentrates vaporizers, and they have improved some, and are good if you need discretion, still for overall taste and making your dabs go farther HMK's ti curve can't be beat. I'm not just saying that to suck up either, Duckmang is so tired of hearing me complain about how bad the oil tastes on this new temporary bell. I broke out my glass pipe with the quartz rod and just hated it more than the new "replica" or substitute curve. I hope that the guys don't get upset with me when I give the damn thing away when my new curve comes from the original artists.
GW- I'm having a totally jelly belly moment looking at your custom HMK piece... hey HMK.... j/k I still didn't get the pictures of the choices.

azez

Veteran
lousy pic
but just got this small piece
in time for my b day

Attachments

• hmk curve.jpg
    hmk curve.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 11

hammalamma

Veteran
I made this with 1/8" grade 2 ti. The other side just comes to a point.
picture.php

picture.php

I've been trying to put some color to it with a torch, it's kinda hard to repeat colors when the ti is so thin.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use the essential vape2o in my bubbler. it restricts the draw allowing the vapor to get real milky and thick in the piece before you clear it, and get most of the vapor all at once. it comes with attachments to fit any water pipe and has a carrying case to.

peace,
Infi

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Found some amazing tools today at a pottery supply while looking at 'clay and glazing sieves'. All stainless steel and cheap as..

Dr.Diddy

Rocking a Stone Glass works micro Gear perc with 14mm Ti nail, Syn "inverted shower head" Macro with 18mm Ti nail, and the tastiest of the bunch is a Genuine RooR with a Quartz Curve...definitely gonna have to add an HMK piece as well, you really can't beat the taste of the skillet!

virtusvelox

new to the site but this is breathtakingly beautiful, thank you.
Virt

sry, this was for the #2 post in this thread :O)

Last edited:

virtusvelox

(edited for brevity sake only)
I am currently working on getting a Ti rod to use instead of the glass one. I'm thinking that I could chuck a Ti rod in a TIG welder set on reverse polarity and ball the end nicely with a little current.
New here so I'll continue to look for the results of this, as a retired pipe welder, I find this idea intriguing!
Gray, if I may draw on your past knowledge, there is a thin glass pipe that has a small almost bulge, not a bowl, the oil is inserted into the tube and the tube is heated. This is apparently real old school because I can't find any online. This style is very efficient as well as portable.
Do you remember what those were called? It was about 6-8 inches long and real thin.
Thanks for any help. Off to get lost in this great site, really glad I found it :huggg:
Virt

virtusvelox

maybe try some patina process? Should get diff results for sure
Virt
*I promise I'll get the hang of this :O)*
This is in response to hammalamma's post #406

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
New here so I'll continue to look for the results of this, as a retired pipe welder, I find this idea intriguing!
Gray, if I may draw on your past knowledge, there is a thin glass pipe that has a small almost bulge, not a bowl, the oil is inserted into the tube and the tube is heated. This is apparently real old school because I can't find any online. This style is very efficient as well as portable.
Do you remember what those were called? It was about 6-8 inches long and real thin.
Thanks for any help. Off to get lost in this great site, really glad I found it :huggg:
Virt

Not sure of the correct name, but locally they are called crack pipes and I have one. They work well with oil if you don't overheat them and I got mine at Smoke Signals on Sandy, in Portland.

Thanks for reminding me! I will dig it out and add it to our panel tests next round.

The Essential Vape works on the same principle, but is spendy at over $100.