What's new

Committing suicide...

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
I find it odd that it says "1 out of 5 people found this post helpful" on my screen for my first post, but i have yet to recieve any negative feedback. It should actually read 5 of 5,very odd :tiphat:

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

Feel free to denigrate and talk shit about these people, but it really is their right to decide exactly what they want to do with their own life.

What you wrote sounds good when read in a superficial way.

However your and everyone's life has been given by (your) parents, some might say by god.

Killing yourself IS and will ALWAYS STAY a selfish act.

Suicide might be "justifiable" in some cases, however it always causes a negative impact on people left behind.

PS: Taking your own life is not a right, it is an act of self destruction.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I find it odd that it says "1 out of 5 people found this post helpful" on my screen for my first post, but i have yet to recieve any negative feedback. It should actually read 5 of 5,very odd :tiphat:

Perhaps the 4 that said it wasn't helpful didn't feel the need to give you negative feedback? Maybe just rating it as not helpful was all the negative feedback they felt was needed?

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
What you wrote sounds good when read in a superficial way.

However your and everyone's life has been given by (your) parents, some might say by god.

Killing yourself IS and will ALWAYS STAY a selfish act.

Suicide might be "justifiable" in some cases, however it always causes a negative impact on people left behind.

PS: Taking your own life is not a right, it is an act of self destruction.

I hear what you're saying but then I can't help but wonder about people that make other stupid choices that result in an unnecessary loss of life. Their death is no less tragic and senseless to their survivors then a suicide and yet nobody questions their right to make those stupid choices. Afterall isn't suicide really no more of a stupid choice then say drunk driving or unsafe sex or sharing a dirty needle, etc? Maybe it's wrong to say that suicide is a right, I myself kind of agree with that notion but I would balk at saying people do not have the right to make stupid choices. It's not practical to institute the kind of police state that would be needed to stop people from making stupid choices.

The way I see it the most common way to view all suicides is that they are all a result of a sense of helplessness. If we as a people want to impact suicide in a meaningful way then it is up to us to look at what we've allowed the world to become and make it a better place with a future filled with hope.

Look at the topics that get the most traction in these forums, Government Corruption, How the world seems to be falling apart, Doomsday, Conspiracies, Etc. Of any group of people stoners should be the most happy go lucky, inspite of the insane prohibition most of us live under. The topics here should be mostly fun and light hearted. The reason it isn't is because that is not reflective of the world around us. Most of us see all sorts of gruesom examples of the worst of human nature around us every day. So much so that we've come to accept it and the darkness of these things reflect in the topics we tend to gravitate towards. If suicide is to end then we need to do something alot more constructive then to find fault with the person commiting suicide.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
yes. And some CHOOSE to not be a part of this shit. Man somedays when I smoke I get even more fed up with the world. I would martyr myself if I didnt have a family.

This may be fucked up to say but I wonder how the world would react if a bunch of deathly ill people killed themselves in the name of not having access to pot for their cure/meds. just all united on one day, planned like. All of them leaving a note with similar verbage, "I would rather die than have to live with out access to cannabis as my main medicine" or something.

Media would probbly lie and say that the cannabis MADE THEM do it.

zenoonez

Veteran
All acts are inherently selfish in nature. A value judgement is made that acting would be better than living life without having acted. So to draw some distinction between killing ones self and any other action is an artificial distinction. The decision is the person's to make alone and I fully support a person's right to make it. A man's most primary property is himself and his ownership of himself is from whence all rights originate in our ownership based society. In short, do I support everyone going out and killing themselves? No. Do I support their right to do so? Yes.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everytime I look at my active threads this fucking "Committing Suicide" is right there in my face.

You know what fuck this shit, fuck this thread. I don't come on ICMAG to hear or see this suicide shit can't we all talk about something like the "Hitting the Lottery" thread or "Harvest Time Again" thread, maybe "I Banged This Super Hot Blonde" thread? Something along those lines maybe something not so damn negative and shitty. :canabis:

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I truly beleive in the chemical imbalance thing,my friend Brian Betzler was the nicest guy you would ever meet.Great and wonderful family.He jumped off the Penn State towers back in college.He always did like adventerous stuff like rafting and shit,you go Brian, u crazy bitch..

Everytime I look at my active threads this fucking "Committing Suicide" is right there in my face.

You know what fuck this shit, fuck this thread. I don't come on ICMAG to hear or see this suicide shit can't we all talk about something like the "Hitting the Lottery" thread or "Harvest Time Again" thread, maybe "I Banged This Super Hot Blonde" thread? Something along those lines maybe something not so damn negative and shitty. :canabis:
Maybe take a deep breathe, and click on threads you find more appealing?

Or maybe just go outside or something. There's chick's and flowers and all kinds of cool shit, man.

I for one, find this thread to be a fascinating insight into the motivation and subsequently necessary self-deception of many people.

T

tumbleweed

damn... you guys really been talking about suicide for 14 pages
wtf

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whateverman, no this thread sucks this subject sucks this is a Cannabis website. :tiphat:

one Q

Quality
Veteran
if you argue real hard you can have the thread binned in no time at all... Ready... GO!

mad librettist

Veteran
suicide is not selfish.

it is simply the result of psychic pain greater than the victim's capacity for dealing with that pain, which varies with, among other things, his or her social support.

mad librettist

Veteran
And as well makes a choice for every one else left behind.

yes! the victim who makes that awful choice for others is convinced that those around him would be better off after his death, even though they don't know it or won't say it. He may even be feeling the effects of a manic episode gone bad (and descending into deep depression) or psychosis.

Someone about to end it is sick, and needs help and protection, not morals. You are in essence saying one should "know better", which in the first place depends on the part of the brain that isn't working.

If you use your imagination, can you conceive of such a thing as mental illness? It may be more helpful to see things from the examining room, rather than the preacher's pulpit. What's actually useful is making contracts with people to ask for help on the way down rather than at the bottom. That means making sure calling for help doesn't bankrupt you, cost you your freedom, or otherwise harm you. Is that the case in your community? How are the mentally ill treated where you live? How do you feel about it and them?

Latest posts

Latest posts