What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado marijuana prices see huge drop, drug cartels reeling

S

SooperSmurph

Whole lot of pontificating there, for nothing.

Where is a modern, fully outdoor operation that produces huge quantities of indoor quality bud? Where is this jewel of lost hippie stoner lore?

People who talk about unbelievably awesome things almost all have 1 thing in common, they can't show it to you now.

S

SooperSmurph

Where is a single indoor "operation" that produces huge quantities of quality bud?!
Denver, CO.

Kind Love
CAM
The Green Man group

Just to name a few.

Also this place, was owned by Rocky Mountain Organic Medicine in Golden.

We ran 7 main flower rooms when I worked there, plus a few smaller rooms that the head grower tended himself.

We tended large individual plants in 7 gallon pots of coco.

Averages were between 1.5 and 2 lbs per 1000w light, depending on strain.

Depending on how many rooms and what size they were, we'd end up filling anywhere from 3 to 10 of these drying racks with each monthly harvest.

TerpeneDream

Coincidentally, I tried Kind Love for the first time the month that they made the cover of High Times last summer. Bruce Banner was on the cover. I bought that exact same batch, along with 7 other 8th varientals. Well a week and an ounce later my throat hurt. That isn't anything I'd smoke twice.

Funnily enough, the last bong hit I took was Green Man. another bland ass OG. Picked early, needs flushed, etc. hardly taste like weed, bland-smoke-bong-rips. I am putting the last of it into an oil, it isn't smoking grade herb imo

Just my 2c on those dispensaries, and pretty much the whole sorry ass industry itself.

Luckily...I just copped a house, an extended count, and I'll finally be growing my own.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Whole lot of pontificating there, for nothing.

Where is a modern, fully outdoor operation that produces huge quantities of indoor quality bud? Where is this jewel of lost hippie stoner lore?

People who talk about unbelievably awesome things almost all have 1 thing in common, they can't show it to you now.

hehehe , well currently its illegal in most places but im sure you know that and thats why your quoting indoor growers who either have to hide from the law , or dont have a decent climate to grow good herb..

your not really listening are you ???

S

SooperSmurph

Coincidentally, I tried Kind Love for the first time the month that they made the cover of High Times last summer. Bruce Banner was on the cover. I bought that exact same batch, along with 7 other 8th varientals. Well a week and an ounce later my throat hurt. That isn't anything I'd smoke twice.

Funnily enough, the last bong hit I took was Green Man. another bland ass OG. Picked early, needs flushed, etc. hardly taste like weed, bland-smoke-bong-rips. I am putting the last of it into an oil, it isn't smoking grade herb imo

Just my 2c on those dispensaries, and pretty much the whole sorry ass industry itself.

Luckily...I just copped a house, an extended count, and I'll finally be growing my own.
Wow, well, I can honestly say I've never had bad product from Kind Love, they're one of the few actual stores from which I still sample flowers since mainly switching to concentrates, and I don't know how you got such a bad impression of Green Man either, when I worked for a dispensary on Broadsterdam with a too-small grow they were my favorite wholesaler, their Lemon Skunk was delicious and on point, every time.

S

SooperSmurph

You predicted the same fall in price last year, a lot of people did, and a very wet fall that Colorado growers weren't used to turned dollar signs back into eyeballs.

Can't get the same price for a cigarette that you would for a hand rolled cigar, can't have carefully tended flowers for the same price as stuff that has been picked through by combines. I'm glad that you've already made your living so that you can wish others the end of theirs, if i'm like that when I get to your age... i'll have my wife hit me.

I have consumed Cannabis every day (no, I don't take breaks) for 14 years, and grown for 13 of those. And no, I have never had open field Cannabis that was close to standing up to high quality greenhouse or indoor, ever.

Have I seen small groups of sheltered, carefully tended outdoor plants that produced amazing flowers? Yes, but the amount of care and protection they received essentially rendered them into greenhouse plants. Have I ever seen such buds come out of a crowded open field or the middle of someone's corn plot? No, and I don't think I ever will.

Someone should bring some "indoor quality" outdoor to next year's Denver Cup, so we can do a Pepsi challenge :p

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Y
Someone should bring some "indoor quality" outdoor to next year's Denver Cup, so we can do a Pepsi challenge :p

heres a better idea why dont you come out to cali... Emerald cup is coming up. bring your best indoor and you can do your own pepsi challenge. bring a microscope so you can check things for dust lol

dddaver

Veteran
JESUS, this thread went to shit. What was it about before it was hijacked arguing about silly indoor vs outdoor? Oh yeah, CO prices dropping and cartels reeling. Fuck it. Overgrow the world!

S

SooperSmurph

Promoting higher prices? Nope.

Promoting the sustainable reality of a regulated market.

In my version, everyone wins, big growers, little growers, consumers, only difference is a few large land owners growing don't somehow destroy the market for indoor.

Oh, and I don't currently do events outside CO where I need to bring samples, while it probably wouldn't be a problem to get them there, the risk of losing the ability to work in the CO industry isn't one I can take, so the Emerald cup probably wouldn't be for me.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, this ORIGINAL post wasn't meant for a personal pissing contest. Time will tell if prices decrease.

MountZionCollec

Prices will continue to fall but the problem with this thread is you have people making predictions based not in the current paradigm (what's possible with present constraints). You have people making predictions that while may happen in the FUTURE are not possible at the moment mostly due to how the governments arrange the markets.

Why current industry people get annoyed by certain predictions is those predictions are IMPOSSIBLE at the present time, meaning EVERY single present industry cultivator would be driven out of business for this to become reality.

Just go read the new California blue ribbon report and you will see the government is not going to allow the price to fall for awhile, most likely not until total federal legalization.

I believe it was a RAND study I read where they estimated the average cost per pound to produce outdoor was $100, greenhouse $250, and indoor $500 in a legalized market.

Right now it costs (trimming, grow/harvest costs) about $200 to grow high quality outdoor (certified organic, climate comtrolled slow dry, hand trimmed, small batch cured, properly stored). $150 of that going towards trimming. In the future I would not pay less than $100 a pound to be trimmed and could probably get my total cost to $125 in the next paradigm.

Not trying to argue with anyone just saying what I can do. I will leave the market when that is no longer good enough as long as I don't need to work to eat.

Last edited: