What's new

Colorado House Bill 1284

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they just said we can have a rec for as many plants and pounds as we need. and that neither a20 or hb1284 says anything about selling to other patients. which we already do. thanks hb1284 for increasing plant and pound numbers for me! and thanks to my doc for already writing on my dads prescription "as much medicine that is needed for this condition" so what does that mean for me since there is no limit to how much a doctor can prescribe? 24...99...999?

are you sure the doc can write a rec for higher weight for personal med grows? Can you please show me where, cause this whole thing is freaking me out a little?

I am compiling a list of all the reps and sens. that got back to me and whether they were for it or against it. When Im done going through all the emails, Ill post the list...

That's a joke...check this response out...it tells me this idiot didn't even read my email, much less, the bill...

"Thank you for contacting me with your concerns.

However, I did vote for the bill, because state control is needed. Too many dispensaries were giving marijuana to underage boys who complained of back pain....and this was not what the voters intended when they voted for medical marijuana.

Also, during next year's session we may be able to change some sections of HB 10-1284 if unforeseen consequences arise.
Representative Jeanne Labuda
200 E. Colfax Ave, Room 305
Denver CO, 80203
303-866-2966
[email protected] "

Here was my response to that moronic reply...

Huh???? If the "underage boys", as you put it, werre purchasing at a dispensary...they were given a recommendation by a DOCTOR!!!! Are you really that retarded?...that you are using this BS line??

I cannot wait to post this response on the many internet boards...good luck getting reelected...you don't deserve it, since you never educated yourself or talked to a "real" patient...

I thought we had representatives that listened to their constituents...obviously not...

I WILL PERSONALLY BE AT PLACES YOU SPEAK WHEN YOU SEEK REELECTION AND I WILL LET THE PEOP[LE KNOW ABOUT THIS ABSOLUTELY MORONIC RESPONSE...

Did you even read it? or did you just say anything to be able to say you responded? Becuase you absolutely sound like an idiot...

Greenmopho

Colorado House Bill 1284

Mile Hi Dave said:
That's a joke...check this response out...it tells me this idiot didn't even read my email, much less, the bill...

"Thank you for contacting me with your concerns.

However, I did vote for the bill, because state control is needed. Too many dispensaries were giving marijuana to underage boys who complained of back pain....and this was not what the voters intended when they voted for medical marijuana.

Also, during next year's session we may be able to change some sections of HB 10-1284 if unforeseen consequences arise.
Representative Jeanne Labuda
200 E. Colfax Ave, Room 305
Denver CO, 80203
303-866-2966
[email protected] "

Huh???? If the "underage boys", as you put it, werre purchasing at a dispensary...they were given a recommendation by a DOCTOR!!!! Are you really that retarded?...that you are using this BS line??

I cannot wait to post this response on the many internet boards...good luck getting reelected...you don't deserve it, since you never educated yourself or talked to a "real" patient...

I thought we had representatives that listened to their constituents...obviously not...

I WILL PERSONALLY BE AT PLACES YOU SPEAK WHEN YOU SEEK REELECTION AND I WILL LET THE PEOP[LE KNOW ABOUT THIS ABSOLUTELY MORONIC RESPONSE...

Did you even read it? or did you just say anything to be able to say you responded? Becuase you absolutely sound like an idiot...

Good to have you back Dave!

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
are you sure the doc can write a rec for higher weight for personal med grows? Can you please show me where, cause this whole thing is freaking me out a little?

read a couple posts before me. they are now recognizing doctor recs for more than the 6 plants that a20 allows. no limit to what your doctor can prescribe you either. just like any other medicine.

and that whole young boys thing....there is nothing in the new bill saying anything about how young you can be. romer tried to get it put in, but failed, so what the fuck kind of answer is that?

thal

What a bullshit response. The best part about our politicians is that they have their hands in so many things now that they end up voting on things they have zero comprehension of. I would be surprised if she even knew basic facts about medicinal cannabis.

Anyone who goes by legal advice they get on icmag without professional confirmation is retarded. But if you are talking about an edibles license then yes. My personal doc rec is for 25 plants and 8oz. I have seen recs for 99 plants/32oz. But that was a while back. Most docs don't like going over 25 nowadays.

If you are talking about the new infused license permit where you can grow an unlimited number of plants, then I don't know anything about it.

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
Anyone who goes by legal advice they get on icmag without professional confirmation is retarded. But if you are talking about an edibles license then yes. My personal doc rec is for 25 plants and 8oz. I have seen recs for 99 plants/32oz. But that was a while back. Most docs don't like going over 25 nowadays.

If you are talking about the new infused license permit where you can grow an unlimited number of plants, then I don't know anything about it.

as a20 stand right now without the bill your license that is for edibles that says you can have 25 plants does not mean SHIT. it won't hold up in the court. the new bill states that a rec. for more than 6 plants is an "affirmative defense"

as a20 stand right now without the bill your license that for edibles that says you can have 25 plants does not be SHIT. won't hold up in the court. the new bill states that a rec. for more than 6 plants is an "affirmative defense"
I wasn't able to translate what you wrote into English, can you edit your post to clarify what you are trying to say so I can properly dispute it with the facts?

C

cannagirl

Dave I got that same response, I also wondered about the little boys, I guess they dont care about little girls

Hoss- an affirmative defense right now according to my legal counsel is only good after you get busted, while you are at trial. But they will certainly take your stuff and charge you and you can fight it in court. With the new hb 1284 it will now start to recognize the dr's rec for additional plants and weight.

Personal grows should be less than 100 plants, 100 plants and the feds get involved, and we all know how well they are treating the whole mmj thing, so best to stay off thier radar.

Well at least if we can get Corry to represent the patients and growers interest instead of having Edson helping the dispensaries, the reason we're all getting railroaded is that we're not organized and we don't have representation. So let's all just sit here and squabble with each other instead of getting organized, that's always worked so well in the past.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran

thanks for the advice. I just use icmag as a place to start, so I know the lingo of the bill and current laws a little. It makes it easier on the lawyer I dont have yet. I am not in colorado yet. I was this close to it though, and then this bill started acting up, and now it is almost an act.

Dorje113

I really hope you didn't send that as a response.

This kind of writing, using ad-hominem attacks and such is unprofessional and degrades any valid points you may have had. Not only that, but it harms us all and makes us seem like idiots that can't communicate to others constructively.

If you are going to contact lawmakers, please read your message and imagine you are the recipient. Do not assume your target audience knows anything about mmj. Have some compassion for the person you are writing to. Confrontational styles of writing and speech aren't going to change anyone's mind, and are more likely to alienate your target audience rather than get them on our side. Make simple, understandable points as a basis for your arguments and remember this is about what is best for patients, not caregivers and dispensaries.

I hate to say it, but most people is this debate as mmj advocates have a conflict of interest as they want to make a living supplying mmj. I know I do. But it skews our views on the topic and leads to writing like what's quoted above. It creates divides in our community and biased legislation like the new bill, which legitimized dispensaries and limited (almost eliminated) the ability of caregivers to compete with them. Competition is what's best for patients, it will increase quality and lower prices.

Budsworth

I really hope you didn't send that as a response.

This kind of writing, using ad-hominem attacks and such is unprofessional and degrades any valid points you may have had. Not only that, but it harms us all and makes us seem like idiots that can't communicate to others constructively.

If you are going to contact lawmakers, please read your message and imagine you are the recipient. Do not assume your target audience knows anything about mmj. Have some compassion for the person you are writing to. Confrontational styles of writing and speech aren't going to change anyone's mind, and are more likely to alienate your target audience rather than get them on our side. Make simple, understandable points as a basis for your arguments and remember this is about what is best for patients, not caregivers and dispensaries.

I hate to say it, but most people is this debate as mmj advocates have a conflict of interest as they want to make a living supplying mmj. I know I do. But it skews our views on the topic and leads to writing like what's quoted above. It creates divides in our community and biased legislation like the new bill, which legitimized dispensaries and limited (almost eliminated) the ability of caregivers to compete with them. Competition is what's best for patients, it will increase quality and lower prices.

I have to agree. While I feel the way that Dave is writing...I know to "persuade" people...the first thing you CAN'T do is put them on the defensive.

More flies with honey than vinegar.

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
I wasn't able to translate what you wrote into English, can you edit your post to clarify what you are trying to say so I can properly dispute it with the facts?

hahah sorry. was stoned and in a hurry.

the way the law stands right now: you can only have 6 plants no matter what is on the recommendation. your doctor prescribed more? doesn't mean shit...

the new bill: having your doctor prescribe you more medicine is an affirmative defense. meaning if you are caught and have more than 6 plants, and your doctor prescribed more than 6...you're good.

Baddog40

hahah sorry. was stoned and in a hurry.

the way the law stands right now: you can only have 6 plants no matter what is on the recommendation. your doctor prescribed more? doesn't mean shit...

the new bill: having your doctor prescribe you more medicine is an affirmative defense. meaning if you are caught and have more than 6 plants, and your doctor prescribed more than 6...you're good.

Affirmative defense means a defense in court and is what we have now with amendment 20.

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
thanks for the advice. I just use icmag as a place to start, so I know the lingo of the bill and current laws a little. It makes it easier on the lawyer I dont have yet. I am not in colorado yet. I was this close to it though, and then this bill started acting up, and now it is almost an act.

you should move out here anyways...could use some more quality growers..especially if the state your living in will give you prison for herb..I think you would be an asset to the community..2 cents

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^thanks man, That is the plan still I think. I am all about quality not quantity. I dont do it to make money. I keep it small. I have fully legit job, and always will. I just like having good herb for me and my friends, and not paying 70 dollars an eighth. It helps my digestive system disease better than scripts from my doc (opiates), and makes my life better too. I dont like opiates, and because of weed I dont hav to take them.

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
thanks for who ever gave me neg rep for telling hashzep tp move here, what do you care if he moves here? Fuck it let's overgrow this bitch.. BTW I'm a native to colorado, not my place to tell anyone where they can live.

kingdome

funk the only people who don't want others out here suck at growing so much their scared that people who can produce chronic will make their trashgrow worthless.

its only a matter of time before only the fire survives and all you pushing\growing trash get shitcanned where you belong!

hahahaha sorry everyone if that sounded angry just theres some sourpusses out here, I dealt with a few from craigslist to find a couple things and they all whined about people coming out here from the west coast ruining their shit, and east coast ruing their shit..

basically whoever gave u negative rep for that is a scumbag pussy.

Budsworth

funk the only people who don't want others out here suck at growing so much their scared that people who can produce chronic will make their trashgrow worthless.

its only a matter of time before only the fire survives and all you pushing\growing trash get shitcanned where you belong!

hahahaha sorry everyone if that sounded angry just theres some sourpusses out here, I dealt with a few from craigslist to find a couple things and they all whined about people coming out here from the west coast ruining their shit, and east coast ruing their shit..

basically whoever gave u negative rep for that is a scumbag pussy.

I didn't give the neg rep. But I left Colorado to live in LA a couple of years. I could care less about California growers coming here...I just don't want Californians coming out here period. And this dates back to when I was a teenager in the 80's.

I've seen what they've done to SoCal...I don't want that here. Coloradans are unique. We are sarcastic, cynical and thick skinned. We are also loyal. In two years in SoCal...I met exactly ONE loyal person. We don't need that type of attitude rushing into the state. If you want to be an unloyal, agenda drive douche canoe like you were in California...then just stay there.

Latest posts

Latest posts