What's new

Colorado House Bill 1284

How about this for a protest. 20 or so growers take all their overages on a harvest...pick one Wal-Mart style dispensary....dump all of it out front in the gutter. Do it all guerrilla style drive up...dump a pile of it right out front.

"Here's our waste you motherfuckers."

Within 5 minutes your slightly dirty, higher quality meds would go from the curb to the jar and end up on their shelves at a 100% profit margin. That'd show those fuckers.

Budsworth

Within 5 minutes your slightly dirty, higher quality meds would go from the curb to the jar and end up on their shelves at a 100% profit margin. That'd show those fuckers.

That's why you film it. If they pick it up and take it in for resale...the media and public would go apeshit.

The media and public don't know the difference between a caregiver and a dispensary. The average joe has no idea what is going on right now. It would just be another anti medical marijuana news story.

Budsworth

The media and public don't know the difference between a caregiver and a dispensary. The average joe has no idea what is going on right now. It would just be another anti medical marijuana news story.

While I'm just throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks...don't you think it's about time the average joe begins to know the difference between the two?

While I'm a relatively new comer to growing...I am not to politics. You can't get support from the public for your cause unless you make them aware. So how do we make them aware? How do we grab them by the boo boo and make them take notice?

I don't have an answer...but I'm willing to brainstorm to come up with something to catch the public's attention. Once you have their attention...you have to present your side in a compelling way. We live in a Jerry Springer society now. People get sucked in by the outlandish.

How about the idea of a PR person?

I'm sorry I know I'm only offering criticism with no construction. The only solution I see is if the REAL MMJ community has their own lobbyist. The walmart dispensaries got Matt Brown and he pulled some evil genius shit. Patients/Caregivers need a lobbyist, period. Politicians/lawmakers don't respond to activism.

This is so contradictory. The dispensaries can legally charge whatever they want. A $80 eighth will be the new norm. And caregivers can't do shit! This was designed to eliminate competition, thats all. Economically this is so unamerican and so anti-free market, its ridiculous! Show me an industry in America that you "ARE NOT ALLOWED" to make a profit on? And the only people that can EVER see or handle any amount of meds over 12 oz. will be dispensaries. That makes me feel sick.

The right way would be to cap the price for dispensaries, and let caregivers charge whatever, duh!

And you can bet your ass that LEO will be hunting down caregivers, counting their plants and meds. I think we will see more and more caregivers getting arrested for their overages very very soon. And I think there will also be a lot of "mixing" of product since dispensaries will probably have shortages. How can the auditors tell what bud was grew where? They can't. I bet after a few months of shortages at dispensaries, they will lobby the government to allow caregivers to sell overages to dispensaries, but not for any profit...I have that feeling...

It just sucks, this is all big money oriented, and does nothing to truly help patients or give us a fair and balanced opportunity for EVERYONE to combat the recession. They really want us hurting. The only ones who shouldn't be hurting and have opportunities in a recession are the ones who already have a buttload of cash, duh! The governments and banks don't like mmj for the people. It has the potential to make hippies money, without loans, interest, or taxes. This is horrible, we all know hippies are the scourge of the earth! They should be living in a bus paying top dollar for shittey weed from a guy in a suit, DUH! When it comes to health and financial matters, hippies just don't count. They should all be poor and sick, preferably in debt and dying...at least in Romer's thoughts! Can you imagine, hippies in the Chamber of Commerce? It must make Romer cringe!

looks like I will have some xtra WW product...now what do I do??

So now if the state is going to recognize doctors' recommendations for additional plants then would this be a way to deal with overages...

If you got all your patients to get recommendations saying that they were good for 30 plants plus you yourself had the same, you'd be able to grow 180 plants and just be a caregiver for 5 patients. Thus no need to get zoned commercially, be deemed of "good moral character", etc.

What is the weight limit per patient with 30 plants? 2oz per 6 plants so 10oz per 30 plants (just a little multiplying here)? If so, this could mean that you could have 60 oz? If so, that gives you plenty of room to accommodate for or hold on to extra meds.

It would also give plenty of extra meds to start the campaign to give it out for free in front of big dispensaries.

Maybe this is just wishful thinking...

D

draco

So now if the state is going to recognize doctors' recommendations for additional plants then would this be a way to deal with overages...

If you got all your patients to get recommendations saying that they were good for 30 plants plus you yourself had the same, you'd be able to grow 180 plants and just be a caregiver for 5 patients. Thus no need to get zoned commercially, be deemed of "good moral character", etc.

What is the weight limit per patient with 30 plants? 2oz per 6 plants so 10oz per 30 plants (just a little multiplying here)? If so, this could mean that you could have 60 oz? If so, that gives you plenty of room to accommodate for or hold on to extra meds.

It would also give plenty of extra meds to start the campaign to give it out for free in front of big dispensaries.

Maybe this is just wishful thinking...

They will achieve control with plant limits. if you want to grow over say 12 plants total, you need regulation, ie: zoning, electrical inspections, easements, etc.

i hope i am wrong but i see the grower/ disp. relationship going south entirely. it will probably continue though until the prosecutions begin. i'd love to continue supplementing my income with growing, but the only production this bill allows for is growing by the dispensary, and growing and selling within the caregiver relationship. that's it as far as i can see. please tell me i am wrong...

just because we have been doing it will not be a good enough excuse to break their law. but right now all they have is regular hamfisted law enforcement. a real blunt instrument. this bill will require them to investigate product from the cradle to the grave, and they will. o yes they will.

god forbid they let something slip and some unauthorized peep will get high, or they miss out on $0.29 of revenue...

Just called the Superior chamber of commerce to try and get some paperwork started on a grow space there. I was told they're voting on monday but it's looking like they're going to ban all MMJ in the town on Superior. If anyone has some free time it would be great to go to the meeting and let them know how wrong that is!

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just called the Superior chamber of commerce to try and get some paperwork started on a grow space there. I was told they're voting on monday but it's looking like they're going to ban all MMJ in the town on Superior. If anyone has some free time it would be great to go to the meeting and let them know how wrong that is!

The language of the bill is very confusing, it almost sounds like they allow cities to ban personal grows, which is completely fucking illegal, Superior, Greeley, Broomfield, Thornton will try this shit, and they will get their asses handed to em in court.

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
The language of the bill is very confusing, it almost sounds like they allow cities to ban personal grows, which is completely fucking illegal, Superior, Greeley, Broomfield, Thornton will try this shit, and they will get their asses handed to em in court.

No, they can only ban dispensary centers, not personal patient and CG grows with 5 patients or less.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No, they can only ban dispensary centers, not personal patient and CG grows with 5 patients or less.
That is my interpretation as well, but the language is vague, it could be interpreted to mean they can ban any and all cultivation.

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
That is my interpretation as well, but the language is vague, it could be interpreted to mean they can ban any and all cultivation.

The first city to try will have their ass in court. They can argue all day long that Amm. 20 is vague about dispensary's, but it's clear as day about personal patient grows.

gettogro

Veteran
They will achieve control with plant limits. if you want to grow over say 12 plants total, you need regulation, ie: zoning, electrical inspections, easements, etc.

Is thier any truth to this statement?

I didnt see anything like this in any of the new bills

Is their any zoning requirements in place now to grow 24 plants for 4 patients?

Last edited:
Zoning, electrical inspections, easements, flood plains, ect. are general business issues, not mj specific. If you are growing mj to sell to a dispensary or patient, you are manufacturing a good for commercial sale and have to follow the applicable local rules just like anyone else who is manufacturing an item to sell to the general public.

As the cities and counties create Optional Premises Cultivation Licenses, at that point it will become mj specific and the local rules will indicate where you can manufacture. Probably industrial or agriculturally zoned locations that are not located in a flood plain.

If you are growing mj to sell to a dispensary or patient, you are manufacturing a good for commercial sale and have to follow the applicable local rules just like anyone else who is manufacturing an item to sell to the general public.

So then as long as you give meds for free to your patients and don't sell them to your patients then do you still have to abide by commercial rules about zoning, etc? If you are giving them meds and not charging then you aren't "manufacturing a good for commercial sale" to me since there is no sale. Is this logic correct?

S

scarred4life

If you are growing mj to sell to a dispensary or patient, you are manufacturing a good for commercial sale and have to follow the applicable local rules just like anyone else who is manufacturing an item to sell to the general public.

As the cities and counties create Optional Premises Cultivation Licenses, at that point it will become mj specific and the local rules will indicate where you can manufacture. Probably industrial or agriculturally zoned locations that are not located in a flood plain.

this interpretation seems right; correct me if i'm wrong, but the ft. collins regs already limit unzoned growing to a caregiver and one patient. This sort of logic could be used by local govts to place a de facto prohibition on caregiving if the caregiver is even compensated for their costs and services as the bill allows, compensation that in mmj culture is sort of assumed as part of almost all caregiver/patient relationships.

If patients have constitutional rights that don't please those in power, will it become commonplace to frame those rights in euphemistic civil laws implicitly designed to prohibit those rights?

Colorado is a big, shitty mouthful of what may come in other areas that decide to "overassimilate" pot into existing political structures.

Balazar

So how do small caregivers make enough to get by? Guess there will be a lot of under the table sales going on now. Back to the dark ages...

Latest posts

Latest posts