What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Hoophouse 2015

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trout for me is same wy, cook right there were ya caught it, peel like banana and grill.

I was raised on catfish, sunfish and crappie, some black eel thrown in. Trouts to rich for me.

CBF

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Nice catch and plants. I love bass fishing im in California, im all about catch and release though. Most of the bigger bass around my parts have a good amount of mercury in them. I have caught a few over double digits

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Hey RdNk;

I'm wondering how you did on the Rescue Plants? Tonnage wise.

Crappie fillets.... you bet, just like candy.

From these last pics., it looks like you NEED a backhoe to dig your planters with! It'd save on on 'raising' the roof as well. LMAO

Here in Co. you probably have 'sufficient' drainage in the native Gravel....

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
My landlord don't want me diggin holes. The rescue mission pulled right at two pounds. It could have been more with different genetics I think. I'll probably do it again next year with some genetics I know. Like maybe gg4 or this SoCal master I happened across...

The actual plan on the roof situation was to use the hoops that are there now as part of my trellace and net the whole thing, grow the plants through the first hoops and put another set of hoops around the existing structure so I can cover in the fall or whenever for that matter. Bad weather, wind, sandstorms, etc...

Bout to do some serious training to spread these girls out too after they have been transplanted for a few days. Pull em over and such...

While doing training in greenhouse do you or others ever remove sucker branches, lower scruff, and/or clean out the inside region of the plant where it doesn't get much if any sunlight? I don't have any greenhouse experience and have wondered awhile about this. It seems like the norm is to just let them ride it out natural style withing much pruning from seeing other's grows. Could you let me know your thoughts?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Yep, sounds good. I have to imagine too that after a plants so big that you almost have to literally dive into reach that stuff and after a certain point it's not easy to do or worth it. I also imagine trying to work over a large diameter bed or geopot like you have makes it more difficult? Rig up some makeshift scaffolding over the bed? Colorado problems.

Damn son thats a Master if ive evur done seen 1. Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.....