What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MacGyver420

running my 600 watt in my roughly 4x4 flower room; flowering 6 plants at once right now dont think i can squeeze anything else in there i know that i would greatly benefit from adding a second light but unfortunatly my flower room is on a single 15 amp circuit and im running a 600 watt hps and a 125 watt t5; and a 100watt can fan --- anyone know if i could safely add another 600 to this on the 15 amps? im terrible at figuring this stuff out

heres what i came up with
W divided by E equals I:
(600 +125 +100)w / 120v = 6.8 amps? which leaves me roughly 8 amps to play around with

if my math is right i should be fine adding another 600 watt light but i have a strong feeling my math isnt right can one of you experienced folks help me out?

According to my calculations, you will be running 1425 watts + also both ballasts, which you forgot to add in. My electrician buddy says you shouldn't run more than 1350 watts on a 15 amp fuse. The load the fuse can handle is 1800w, but, according to him, you shouldn't have more than a 75% load. Check the gauge of your wiring, you may be able to change to a 20Amp breaker.

How many watts are your ballasts adding?

M

MacGyver420

According to my calculations, you will be running 1425 watts + also both ballasts, which you forgot to add in. My electrician buddy says you shouldn't run more than 1350 watts on a 15 amp fuse. The load the fuse can handle is 1800w, but, according to him, you shouldn't have more than a 75% load. Check the gauge of your wiring, you may be able to change to a 20Amp breaker.

How many watts are your ballasts adding?

not sure exactly... the ballast that i have is an xtrasun 600watt so im not sure how that figures into play
might have change that breaker...

sounds like another light is a no go for now just to be on the safe side

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
you don't have friends you know that can help you trim?
plus, you can take the product somewhere else to have it trimmed, doesn't have to be at your grow.

all my friends either suck at trimming, are too lazy to trim for more than an hour, or they begging me to help them trim.....

cant wait til this shit is legal and i can have a team of on the clock manicurists.....

all my friends either suck at trimming, are too lazy to trim for more than an hour, or they begging me to help them trim.....

cant wait til this shit is legal and i can have a team of on the clock manicurists.....

How do you "suck" at trimming? lol....you just gotta teach em right:tiphat:

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Trust me...It seems simple, but some people just suck at it. Or they are fucking lazy, want to work but then an hour in just want their 20bucks and are gone.

Yes, some people do suck at trimming. I show them what is expected of them, and they don't fucking listen, they start trimming some fucked up way they were taught in some fucked up village where quality doesn't matter. After about the fifth time of telling them they are doing it wrong and showing them what I want, I just show them the door, tell them thanks for the help but it will no longer be needed.

I would guess I have about a 90% dropout rate with trimmers. Either they suck balls, or they don't show up when agreed upon (eg They call me up four days after the job is over).

The 10% that make it, well I do what I can to keep them around. The problem is once you get them growing, then they get lazy and no longer want to help you. But that doesn't stop them from asking for my help.:moon:

orpanic

I agree, people can just suck at it and don't put forth any effort. But damn, at least get rid of the crows foot/petiole!

Or they are fucking lazy, want to work but then an hour in just want their 20bucks and are gone.
That's your problem. You get what you pay for. $20 to trim aint shit! I've got a few friends who help me that I pay a qtr or $80 to each for 5-6 hrs of work. I also smoke them out tough while we trim and provide them with good food and drink. I want them to want to do a good job and want to come back. The only thing I hate more than trimming is trimming alone...

I tried one of those spin pro trimmers. It's good for the popcorn but it definitely deteriorates the quality of the pretty top buds. I trim the top 2/3 of my plants by hand and the bottoms with the spin pro.

BigSwifty

How to trim?!?!

How to trim?!?!

OK, all this trim talk got my interest piqued!

I'll be trimming FOR THE FIRST TIME on Monday. Seems pretty damn straight-forward to me... cut off the fan leaves at the main stem and then snip the sugar leaves as close as you can to the bud.

Am I missing something? Can someone tell me how to trim correctly if this is not the way? Any pointers? I just don't see how you could suck at that other than just being totally careless and lazy...

Also, is it better to trim right away while fresh or after drying for a bit?

PEACE

orpanic

BigSwifty,
There is a window period for trimming...right after the plant is cut it is still easy to trim..wait a few hours depending on enviro and the turgidity of the plant decreases considerably, thus making it tougher to trim. I like to wait till the plant is about to be put into containers for long cure, so mostly dry and easy to trim.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Am I missing something?
Nope

Also, is it better to trim right away while fresh or after drying for a bit?
Depends on the grower, I think in Co it can be beneficial to trim once it has hung for a few days to a week so it doesn't dry out too quick, which can ruin flavor and potency.

The problem is after hours on end it is a tedious fucking job, and getting lazy with it looks better and better. Especially when your scissors get gummed up after every snip, and you're picking every little tiny leaf off with each snip. Beats the fuck outta diggin ditches though.

Nope

Depends on the grower, I think in Co it can be beneficial to trim once it has hung for a few days to a week so it doesn't dry out too quick, which can ruin flavor and potency.

The problem is after hours on end it is a tedious fucking job, and getting lazy with it looks better and better. Especially when your scissors get gummed up after every snip, and you're picking every little tiny leaf off with each snip. Beats the fuck outta diggin ditches though.

Multiple pairs of GOOD scissors. Run em til they cant go, scrape em, clean in alcohol and go at it again...they key is to have scissors that are comfortable any have many prs...

starter09

SOMA growing?

SOMA growing?

Picked up an 8th that was described to me as being a pure sativa, disp owner told me this is "all the grower grows, full organic, and he really has it dialed in." Sold as SOMA. SOMA is a breeder not a strain, right? I've come to expect lack of knowledge at disps:moon:, and wasn't disappointed at all with the purchase. I only posted this to congratulate the grower, if they're on here.:thank you:

I seriously doubt it was "pure sativa" - it seemed like a nice day smoke but about 2 1/2 hrs in it dropped me into couchlock for another half hour +. I suspect it might be SOMA's SuperSkunk xMaui. I found it strong, euphoric/energetic (until the last) and long lasting.

it was the best jar appeal I've ever found in a disp that wasn't grown by the owners. Beautiful colors, enticing smell, tight well-trimmed buds, all frosty with trichs no kiefing here.

I'd love to find some more; if you're here, any way to know who has your stuff?

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Multiple pairs of GOOD scissors. Run em til they cant go, scrape em, clean in alcohol and go at it again...they key is to have scissors that are comfortable any have many prs...
Yeah rockin the fiskars, with my little cups of alcohol, and my big cups of wild turkey. :tiphat:

P

Paco

Picked up an 8th that was described to me as being a pure sativa, disp owner told me this is "all the grower grows, full organic, and he really has it dialed in." Sold as SOMA. SOMA is a breeder not a strain, right? I've come to expect lack of knowledge at disps:moon:, and wasn't disappointed at all with the purchase. I only posted this to congratulate the grower, if they're on here.:thank you:

I seriously doubt it was "pure sativa" - it seemed like a nice day smoke but about 2 1/2 hrs in it dropped me into couchlock for another half hour +. I suspect it might be SOMA's SuperSkunk xMaui. I found it strong, euphoric/energetic (until the last) and long lasting.

it was the best jar appeal I've ever found in a disp that wasn't grown by the owners. Beautiful colors, enticing smell, tight well-trimmed buds, all frosty with trichs no kiefing here.

I'd love to find some more; if you're here, any way to know who has your stuff?
Could be a strain I have also run across many years ago. called Soma daywrecker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts