What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

orpanic

If you want the nugs you put work into to go from beautiful to looking like commersh outdoor cali garb. or excuse me,also, greenhouse commersh cali garb.
Don't be cheap or lazy and hire out some folks to do 'proper trim' work for you, I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem getting anyone to help, with the economy and all...

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
Were the trimming machines next to the tumblers, pollinators, or brick presses?

What other items were they promoting to DECREASE the quality of our medicine?

ROFL.. tell that to selfhemp.....

Those trimming machines mangle the herb, not really worth it if you ask me, unless you've got a bunch of outdoor to trim..

If you want the nugs you put work into to go from beautiful to looking like commersh outdoor cali garb. or excuse me,also, greenhouse commersh cali garb.
Don't be cheap or lazy and hire out some folks to do 'proper trim' work for you, I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem getting anyone to help, with the economy and all...

For god sakes, all I said was that those were the most interesting booths I saw. I passed right over the lines of dispensaries advertising their garbage and looked for industry stuff. geesh

Anyone who knows me knows I would NEVER do anything to compromise the quality of my herb. period. I don't use a trimpro, I've never seen a trimpro work (or any other trimming machine fwiw) hence my interest and I thought they were much cooler than the beat up shotgun willies girls "DEGRADING" the true intention of Medical Marijuana.

Is it so wrong to hate trimming? It might not be an issue with 600w or LED or some other small project, but when you are staring down a literal jungle of herb and it's you and your girl trying to get through it by yourself.. You start to wonder if there is a better way. (wonder being the key word).

And I'm not about to hire a team of trimmers to come to my place, stealth is still the goal around here and I'd rather trim my entire crop by myself than show a team of helpers my grow op.

And I have used a Vortex btw. I'll tell ya I haven't been that high in YEARS. They have their place, for example a backpacking trip when big glass isn't an option and that little spoon just aint getting the job done. Rafting trips, snowboarding, basically anywhere you can't/don't want to bring a glass bong. (pipes, joints just don't get me nearly as high as a bong).

Oh yeah if I DID have a big enough outdoor scene that required the use of their 25# an hour job, you better beleive that thing would be worth its weight in gold. 200lbs hand trimmed... yeah right.

Thanks for all the concern :good::biglaugh:

orpanic

you don't have friends you know that can help you trim?
plus, you can take the product somewhere else to have it trimmed, doesn't have to be at your grow.

For god sakes, all I said was that those were the most interesting booths I saw. I passed right over the lines of dispensaries advertising their garbage and looked for industry stuff. geesh

Anyone who knows me knows I would NEVER do anything to compromise the quality of my herb. period. I don't use a trimpro, I've never seen a trimpro work (or any other trimming machine fwiw) hence my interest and I thought they were much cooler than the beat up shotgun willies girls "DEGRADING" the true intention of Medical Marijuana.

Is it so wrong to hate trimming? It might not be an issue with 600w or LED or some other small project, but when you are staring down a literal jungle of herb and it's you and your girl trying to get through it by yourself.. You start to wonder if there is a better way. (wonder being the key word).

And I'm not about to hire a team of trimmers to come to my place, stealth is still the goal around here and I'd rather trim my entire crop by myself than show a team of helpers my grow op.

And I have used a Vortex btw. I'll tell ya I haven't been that high in YEARS. They have their place, for example a backpacking trip when big glass isn't an option and that little spoon just aint getting the job done. Rafting trips, snowboarding, basically anywhere you can't/don't want to bring a glass bong. (pipes, joints just don't get me nearly as high as a bong).

Oh yeah if I DID have a big enough outdoor scene that required the use of their 25# an hour job, you better beleive that thing would be worth its weight in gold. 200lbs hand trimmed... yeah right.

Thanks for all the concern :good::biglaugh:[/quoJ

it was a joke...

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
trimming....

The "well trimmed" shit I see at dispensarys looks like it was kief screened - HARD
Most times it's hard to tell what the bud really looked like before. I'd be pissed if they did that to my bud before I got it.

I used to make 33 gram oz and not trim. (Excessivly) A couple patients more or less complained they trimmed 2 grams. (my math says the bag still weighs about 31 grams)

So now I spend the time trimming, send the bags out at 28 gr and make bubble with the trim. keeping the customer satisfied.......

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
you don't have friends you know that can help you trim?
plus, you can take the product somewhere else to have it trimmed, doesn't have to be at your grow.

I have plenty of friends, very few know that I grow. I can take it somewhere else? Nah not unless I want my entire block reeking like herb. It cuts right through rubbermaids.

I have 4 friends come over and we have a "trim" party...these are people I have known for 20+ years, and they are the only ones that truly "know" I grow...the rest of my circle of friends have their suspicians, I'm sure, but only my 4 closest friends have ever been to my garden. With my own health issues, I needed folks i could trust to be able to go in and take over...at least to make sure the girls got water and only water...better than drying up. I do have camaras I can access from a computer, but they don't get in fine enough. But they can, at least, read meters and explain any type of a problem they see and i know I can instruct them. These friends have always been there to help and enjoy the big ole sack they get at the end of the day...as well as some great "scissor" hash!

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
I'll stick to trimming at home.

OG Kush

picture.php

Appalachia

picture.php

Bubba D

picture.php

picture.php

The White

picture.php

picture.php

Hoep everyone is irie :wave:

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Excellent trimming. Wish more growers paid special attention to the trim.

MrDank

Veteran
selfhemp - you have beautiful flowers. Don't let the "suck cut" as seen on Waynes World do your trimming ;)

Balazar

They should make a robot that is a pair of hands with a camera that picks up buds and trims them just like I do.

The con was lame imho. There wasn't much geared towards growing except those silly LED lights and some dude selling shipping containers for way more than they are worth. The giveaways were pretty lame too. The whole thing seemed like an advertisement for kush magazine and there was no "cup" just a picture contest. Another disappointment.

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
Very nice Selfhemployed... I know you would never go that route, all of us have been there before though not so much fun, until it comes time to make hash from all the bi-product..
Nice flower shots brotha...K+++

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Some good advice right there. I wish somebody had taught me that when I started. I spent my entire first year growing getting zapped every time I touched the chains in my veg room with damp hands.

That is faulty grounding somewhere in the circuit. Electricity is something that too many people take for granted, until they get hurt. Regular household voltage (110-120volts) is usually the worst to get shocked on IME, as it "grabs" you.

Growers, take heed, if you're unsure of anything electrically, call a sparky friend, or at the very least go buy a book to learn the basics of house wiring until you're comfortable with what you're doing. Electricity can and does hurt/kill people regularly, don't wanna see any of my grower brethren hurt or worse. Just my two rusty coins. :wave:

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
I have plenty of friends, very few know that I grow. I can take it somewhere else? Nah not unless I want my entire block reeking like herb. It cuts right through rubbermaids.

@ min 5 you can see Arjan from Greenhouse seeds putting it into boxes to move to a different location. If you seal those boxes up tight enough, you should be able to cover any smell in your vehicle with something else.
This however makes more sense for Holland than it does for Colorado. They probably just have to walk the boxes a few hundred yards.
But it was a good idea, to separate the two.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXnYXs8Hfxo&feature=related

Or you could do what they do in 'The Union: Business Behind Getting High", and use black out glasses for you crew, pile them in a MAV, drive to location and park in garage, and then keep all the blinds shut so they can't look outside. Then, when done, pile them into the MAV, glasses on, and drop them off.

And finally,
one of my favorite YouTube videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOBlq3Nr2Mo&playnext_from=TL&videos=O2WbWoDJYMo

Bill Sussman

Hey folks, thought I'd stop in and introduce myself, I've been skimmin' this thread for a while now and theres some cool info and commentary...

I'm new to the Colorado scene, moved here about a year ago from CT. It's a wild place out here more outdoor sporting possibilities than one can Imagine. Not to mention the mj laws.... It still feels weird being so open ... I'm still adjusting.

So, Im glad to see that I wasn't the only one dissapointed by the Cannabis Convention. I was really hoping it would be a bit more grow oriented. I was also disapointed to learn that most of the dispensary owners (as I was starting to figure out) were all full of shit and have no idea what they were talking about.

Also, here is a note to dispensaries: QUIT HIRING BLONDES WITH TITS THAT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT CANNABIS OTHER THAN THAT THEY LIKE TO SMOKE IT! Seriously though, is it just me or would you rather talk with an informed person who is gonna give it to you straight. End Rant.

P

Paco

^^^^^I dunno, I really like tits. and have a hard time listening when they are present, no matter what!

Budsworth

I didn't go specifically because I figured it would be like the cheap ass carnivals you went to when you were a kid. Looks like I was justified.

Have a friend that's a free lancer for High Times. Says they're having a convention in June. I'll have to make him assure me that it won't be a silly corndog event like this one before I go.

BTW...he said the convention was meh too.

Status
Not open for further replies.