What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paco

This issue was my nemesis last summer, thought I had it figured out. It's those damn xtrasun ballasts, they are so damn hot and they wont reach to put them in another room. Looks like it's separate fan/filter for each tent to the tune of about 6-700 bucks. Great.

That sucks...

Fuck, it was the first really nice day today and my room is too hot already. :lightning:
Me too...I already framed in an area for the AC unit I have when I built the room...I was hoping to finish the E&G grow before having to install it, but it looks like I might have to soooner....I only went up to 81, but that sux. Do you run you lights at nite, or during the day? If during the day, maybe you can switch to having them on at nite for one grow cycle...maybe that will help.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
This issue was my nemesis last summer, thought I had it figured out. It's those damn xtrasun ballasts, they are so damn hot and they wont reach to put them in another room. Looks like it's separate fan/filter for each tent to the tune of about 6-700 bucks. Great.

You can buy another cord that goes from ballast to light. I have to double up on cords sometimes in my setup, just so they reach.

mtn121

Or Denver Hydroponics. Make sure you get a lamp extension that goes from the ballast to the reflector. I have seen some people whoget the extensions on the power cords not as safe.

Rednick

Veteran
Yeah, it would be ballast to reflector, b/c he is trying to fit the ballast outside his grow tent.

You guys will be amazed at the difference it makes when moving the ballasts out of the room. As for the A/C, I have one, but it sucks the CO2 out, too! Since I'm at 9500 ft, I prefer my Swamp Cooler, because it adds humidity, and cools, but I change those pads after every cycle because otherwise PM sets up in there and infects the next crop. I usually run some bleach through it, too.

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
You can buy another cord that goes from ballast to light. I have to double up on cords sometimes in my setup, just so they reach.

YO!! Big ups my man, I just got back from the way with 3 15ft ballast to reflector extension cords. The guy told me that with my ballasts I can run up to 45ft between ballast and bulb with out losing lumens.

Just got the ballasts moved into the crawl space and fired her up.. We'll see what happens.

Rednick, if this works I'm gonna owe you one. Can I pay in MIND EXPANDING S.A.G.E nuggets lol???!!:thank you:

oh yeah ballasts weren't in tent just in the room where the tents and intake etc.. were in.

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
You should have hung dry for 4-6 days before it went into the bag. i had the exact same thing happen to me when I left for a cruise last year, i was sure they were dry so I jarred only to come home to mold

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
Hey ya'll. Check out these pictures my buddy in Iraq took:
picture.php

picture.php

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
hey guys,
another question about drying....

this time i trimmed the bud, and put it in a paper bag. the bag had a few small holes in it, and i was opening the bag alittle every day.
i did this for about a week, then moved the bud into jars.
i burped the jars for ~30-60 mins a day for about a week.

i just got back into town after ~ 8 days gone, and noticed that i have some mold in the jars.

is the problem that i didnt continue to burp the jars? ( wasnt by choice, i was out of the country)
how dry is good enough to let the buds stay in the jar without molding?
anyone use something that monitors RH when drying? i was thinking about building a small drying chamber so i can control it alittle more, but i dont think that is necessary, since most people in CO dry with out.

any feedback is appreciated.

thanks

Check out this thread, man, its the shit:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=156237

Rednick

Veteran
oh yeah ballasts weren't in tent just in the room where the tents and intake etc.. were in.

Well then there was like a bajjillion different solutions to your problem, man. I thunked it 'twas a tent problem. It is okay, I will do better next time.

Rednick

Veteran
You guys will be amazed at the difference it makes when moving the ballasts out of the room. As for the A/C, I have one, but it sucks the CO2 out, too! Since I'm at 9500 ft, I prefer my Swamp Cooler, because it adds humidity, and cools, but I change those pads after every cycle because otherwise PM sets up in there and infects the next crop. I usually run some bleach through it, too.

If you are having temp problems at 9.5 ft, then I am positive you have an HVAC issue.

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
Well then there was like a bajjillion different solutions to your problem, man. I thunked it 'twas a tent problem. It is okay, I will do better next time.

It is actually quite complicated and detailed in the space I have and equipment I want to run.

thanks again

Budsworth

I think I mentioned it in this thread earlier on...but you know us...memory is shot. lol

Grow Your Own on Bellaire a half block South of Evans is an awesome shop. Great guys. Prices are ridiculous. $14.something with tax for a large bag of Ocean Forest. Best price I've seen anywhere...including Way to Grow, The Big Tomato and Denver Hydroponics.

Shop is small. But a lot of times they'll order stuff for you if they don't have it in stock.

90% of my local business goes to them. The other 10 to Denver Hydro. The Big Tomato no longer gets my business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts